GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

Let's go Sabres!

Butcher, who won the 2017 Hobey Baker and the NCAA national championship with the Denver Pioneers, chose New Jersey. And he had a heck of a first pro game with the Devils.

Butcher recorded three assists for New Jersey in its 4-1 season-opening win against the Colorado Avalanche – the team that drafted him back in 2013.

Former Sabres Drew Stafford returns to Buffalo in his first season with the Devils.

Zach Bogosian did not practice with the Sabres on Sunday, but coach Phil Housley said the defenseman was getting closer to returning from a lower body injury.

The Sabres used some different line combinations during Sunday's practice.

Ryan O'Reilly centered Zemgus Girgensons and Seth Griffith. Jack Eichel was between Evander Kane and Jason Pominville. Kyle Okposo moved to Sam Reinhart's right wing with Benoit Pouliot on the left. Jacob Josefson was between Matt Moulson and Johan Larsson with Jordan Nolan rotating in.

Special teams

That will be key against the Devils, who had a spectacular special teams performance in their season-opening 4-1 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. New Jersey went 3 for 4 on the power play while holding the Avs to 0 for 6, adding a shorthanded goal for good measure.

The Sabres used some different line combinations during Sunday's practice.

Ryan O'Reilly centered Zemgus Girgensons and Seth Griffith. Jack Eichel was between Evander Kane and Jason Pominville. Kyle Okposo moved to Sam Reinhart's right wing with Benoit Pouliot on the left. Jacob Josefson was between Matt Moulson and Johan Larsson with Jordan Nolan rotating in.

Special teams

That will be key against the Devils, who had a spectacular special teams performance in their season-opening 4-1 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. New Jersey went 3 for 4 on the power play while holding the Avs to 0 for 6, adding a shorthanded goal for good measure.

They already know our weak spot!  :cry:

NJ looked really good in their first game, though they played Colorado.

We were swept by them last year and thoroughly outplayed, except for one game which was pretty even.

If they win this one the start doesn't look so bad. If they lose it, yikes.

NJ is another team that our fans will sleep on assuming that we should just beat them because they suck. I don't foresee NJ being an easy out. 

Another game I'll be watching on a delay.  Stoopid work. 

Anyway, if they're going to respond to the calamity of Saturday after the misfortune of Thursday, it'll be this afternoon.  I think they will.  The consequences of anything else don't really bear thinking about after game 3.

Because the kids have the day off due to Indigenous Peoples Subjugation Day.

You word it this way and it suggests you feel strongly about what happened when the Europeans settled (invaded) North America.  I have asked others who are not descended from the indigenous people of North America why they feel compelled to point this out.  I listen to their response which usually falls into a couple of categories, all of which are pretty good.  My next question is... if you feel that strongly about it, why do you continue to live here and further the oppression started by your ancestors?  It's a bit hypocritical to call this subjugation out and then continue to live here and perpetuate it... isn't it?  Of course I don't ask this of the people I know who are descended of the indigenous people of North America as their point of view is well supported. :)

Just food for thought.

Onto more pressing matters...

The Sabres need to show in this game.  Starting 0-2-1 or 0-1-2 would not reflect well.  Certainly not the end of the world, but they need to inject some positivity into the season.  Perhaps simply scoring a PP goal or two and NOT giving up a SHG will do that?

Either way.. game on at 3pm.

You word it this way and it suggests you feel strongly about what happened when the Europeans settled (invaded) North America.  I have asked others who are not descended from the indigenous people of North America why they feel compelled to point this out.  I listen to their response which usually falls into a couple of categories, all of which are pretty good.  My next question is... if you feel that strongly about it, why do you continue to live here and further the oppression started by your ancestors?  It's a bit hypocritical to call this subjugation out and then continue to live here and perpetuate it... isn't it?  Of course I don't ask this of the people I know who are descended of the indigenous people of North America as their point of view is well supported. :)

Just food for thought.

The Sabres need to show in this game.  Starting 0-2-1 or 0-1-2 would not reflect well.  Certainly not the end of the world, but they need to inject some positivity into the season.  Perhaps simply scoring a PP goal or two and NOT giving up a SHG will do that?

Bravo!!

Go Sabres

Just food for thought.

I know we live in an all or nothing era, but a little awareness never hurt. We don't need a mass exodus from the US for a point to made (much to the chagrin of Jim Kelly  :devil: ).

Go Sabres. I may actually get to see this one.

You word it this way and it suggests you feel strongly about what happened when the Europeans settled (invaded) North America. I have asked others who are not descended from the indigenous people of North America why they feel compelled to point this out. I listen to their response which usually falls into a couple of categories, all of which are pretty good. My next question is... if you feel that strongly about it, why do you continue to live here and further the oppression started by your ancestors? It's a bit hypocritical to call this subjugation out and then continue to live here and perpetuate it... isn't it? Of course I don't ask this of the people I know who are descended of the indigenous people of North America as their point of view is well supported. :)

Just food for thought.

This is like the opposite of food for thought.

Is there a way to watch this online through my cable provider?

Something something MSG Go, I thnk, but I don't know the details.

You might be able to do it.  I just did some testing and while my IP address was coming out of Rochester the MSG Networks were blocking me from MSG Go.  I switched my IP to be NYC and it allowed me in and it appears as though it will work.

So, I'm not sure what will happen for you when you attempt to connect to MSG Go.  I'm not sure why MSG puts a region lock on their broadcasting, especially given that they cover the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.