GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

I'm taking the opportunity to let RJ paint the picture for me the old fashioned way.

Yes... I am too, when I look over at my email for a few minutes. ;)  

And that pass from Eichel to Beaulieu was one of those fantastic things Jack can do....

I am see a team that still some bad habits to break.. sadly a 2 week pre-season is not enough for that.

I can't wait to watch today! This is the first game of the season that I'll be able to see. I'm still expecting this game and much of the first month to be a bit rough as the team adjusts to the new system and players, but I hope to see a more dominant effort from Jack to get them through this period with a respectable record.

Glad to see the thoughtful discussion on Indigenous People's Day (except for LTS's 'love it or leave it' nonsense). In my opinion, it certainly makes a lot more sense to honor the victims in one of the great tragedies in human history, rather than the perpetrators. I agree with much of what others have said, including D4rk and qwk. Increased awareness of indigenous rights issues continues to be a relevant topic that needs more discussion. Let's not forget that Indigenous peoples of the Americas continued to be enslaved until the mid-20th century so that Americans and Europeans could have rubber for bicycle and car tires, and that the U.S. government continues to ignore treaties with indigenous societies and trample their rights, even today. Neo made a snide comment about giving lands back, maybe we should stop taking land away from indigenous communities first, which is happening throughout many parts of the Americas. I'll post some links in the Awesome thread for those interested in indigenous cultures and issues. 

Game time! My prediction: 3-1 Buffalo! (even after that lucky header goal)

You need to read more.  It was never love it or leave it.

not a high stick on the goal?

Apparently just a high face.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.