Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

I find it interesting that 2 of the 3 Reinhart's washed out of the NHL

Their Dad almost retired at 24 because of a bad back and it plagued him his entire career.

Studies show that Sam's lack of backbone is through no fault of his own simply an inherited genetic disorder.    Thanks Dad.

C.J. Smith has just 1 point in the last 9 games. Does anyone have any idea why his production suddenly fell off a cliff?

Just a slump, maybe?

The most games he had gone without a point this season, previous to this stretch, was 2 games, which happened only once.

C.J. Smith has just 1 point in the last 9 games. Does anyone have any idea why his production suddenly fell off a cliff?

Just a slump, maybe?

The most games he had gone without a point this season, previous to this stretch, was 2 games, which happened only once.

I went back though the last 18 box scores. It looks like the Amerks changed lines on Dec 10. Going from Smith/Griffith/(Rodriguez or Crisco) to Smith/Crisco/Baptiste. But there is very little info in AHL box scores, so I might be drawing too much inference from the information (Sometimes 19 isn't on the ice for a goal either way the entire game). One thing I was paying attention to taking notes was if Smith was taken off the power play, it doesn't look like it.  These are my notes:

Jan 10 3-2 L belleville  Crisco Baptiste

Jan 6 3-1 W lehigh valley did get Power Play

Jan 5 3-2 W bridgeport nothing - not on ice for power play

Dec 30 4-2 L level Malone Cornel - did get PP time

Dec 29 2-0 W toronto - did get PP time

Dec 27 3-1 L level nothing

Dec 23 3-1 W level nothing

Dec 22 3-2 W level crisco baptiste

Dec 20 3-1 W Belleville nothing

Dec 16 3-2 W Utica  Baptiste Crisco got power play time

Dec 15 3-2 L Toronto Baptiste Blackwell

Dec 13 3-1 W Utica Criso Baptiste got power play time

Dec 10 4-1 W Bridgeport griffith crisco half power play time

Dec 9 3-2 L Hartford griffith/ross and malone/ross

Dec 8 2-1 W Springfield crisco griffith

Dec 2 5-2 W WB Scranton rodriguez griffith

Dec 1 5-4 L Hartford rodriguez griffith did get pp time

Nov 29 2-1 L Utica nothing

I went back though the last 18 box scores. It looks like the Amerks changed lines on Dec 10. Going from Smith/Griffith/(Rodriguez or Crisco) to Smith/Crisco/Baptiste. But there is very little info in AHL box scores, so I might be drawing too much inference from the information (Sometimes 19 isn't on the ice for a goal either way the entire game). One thing I was paying attention to taking notes was if Smith was taken off the power play, it doesn't look like it.  These are my notes:

Jan 10 3-2 L belleville  Crisco Baptiste

Jan 6 3-1 W lehigh valley did get Power Play

Jan 5 3-2 W bridgeport nothing - not on ice for power play

Dec 30 4-2 L level Malone Cornel - did get PP time

Dec 29 2-0 W toronto - did get PP time

Dec 27 3-1 L level nothing

Dec 23 3-1 W level nothing

Dec 22 3-2 W level crisco baptiste

Dec 20 3-1 W Belleville nothing

Dec 16 3-2 W Utica  Baptiste Crisco got power play time

Dec 15 3-2 L Toronto Baptiste Blackwell

Dec 13 3-1 W Utica Criso Baptiste got power play time

Dec 10 4-1 W Bridgeport griffith crisco half power play time

Dec 9 3-2 L Hartford griffith/ross and malone/ross

Dec 8 2-1 W Springfield crisco griffith

Dec 2 5-2 W WB Scranton rodriguez griffith

Dec 1 5-4 L Hartford rodriguez griffith did get pp time

Nov 29 2-1 L Utica nothing

Great stuff.

I’m not comfortable offering any sort of conclusion based on this data, perhaps better minds may be.

Cool thanks for the heads upCJ on the PP. 1-0.

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear.

Good game. We got a little rowdy after Baptiste’s goal.

Amerks are the only team with just one regulation loss on the road. That’s loopy.

The ride home sucked but they were giving away Amerks tuques. Always makes a bald guy happy to get a free hat.

I know there are those AHL rules about the number of veterans who can suit up, but Paetsch is finally healthy and played for the first time in months last night. Fedun was in the lineup. too. I look at that boxscore and that's a pretty stacked Amerks roster, even without Guhle or Ullmark (who both should play tonight). In lieu of Sabres hockey, let's go Amerks!

Ach! 0-4 tonight? I shouldn't have said anything.

Edited by DarthBerusad

Utica is in town for a 1 pm matinee today. The game will be on MSG. I’m lucky enough that have a few more days off soooooooo...HOCKEY!!!

Go Amerks!

I didn't watch as i had to work, but per some twitter posts i saw, such as from Matt Bove, Nylander didn't look good and didn't even get on the ice for over time. Ullmark looked great but the Amerks lost 2-1 in the shootout. Griffith with the Amerks goal.

I didn't watch as i had to work, but per some twitter posts i saw, such as from Matt Bove, Nylander didn't look good and didn't even get on the ice for over time. Ullmark looked great but the Amerks lost 2-1 in the shootout. Griffith with the Amerks goal.

I keep waiting for Nylander to do something. He’s not ever possessing the puck. He’s not making plays. His skating seem wonky too. Overall they were badly outshot. 41-28. Taylor was not happy with the level of effort. If you want to stay on top then you need to be hungry every single game. They weren’t today. They were ok with getting just one point.

I also add that although Guhle had an assist, he really looked shaky. Turned the puck over twice for good chances for the Comets. Another thing that bugs me about the kid is the damn hooking penalty he takes every game. He gets himself fooled by a deek and ends up hooking.

I keep waiting for Nylander to do something. He’s not ever possessing the puck. He’s not making plays. His skating seem wonky too. Overall they were badly outshot. 41-28. Taylor was not happy with the level of effort. If you want to stay on top then you need to be hungry every single game. They weren’t today. They were ok with getting just one point. I also add that although Guhle had an assist, he really looked shaky. Turned the puck over twice for good chances for the Comets. Another thing that bugs me about the kid is the damn hooking penalty he takes every game. He gets himself fooled by a deek and ends up hooking.

I’m starting to only hear negative buzz about Nylander. He may still figure it out, but it seems more likely that he never does, at this point.

So disappointing.

I keep waiting for Nylander to do something. He’s not ever possessing the puck. He’s not making plays. His skating seem wonky too. Overall they were badly outshot. 41-28. Taylor was not happy with the level of effort. If you want to stay on top then you need to be hungry every single game. They weren’t today. They were ok with getting just one point.

I also add that although Guhle had an assist, he really looked shaky. Turned the puck over twice for good chances for the Comets. Another thing that bugs me about the kid is the damn hooking penalty he takes every game. He gets himself fooled by a deek and ends up hooking.

A lot of the comments i read from people who attend Amerks often is he looks lazy and lacks "compete". Which is odd, because isn't his brother considered one of the hardest workers?

A lot of the comments i read from people who attend Amerks often is he looks lazy and lacks "compete". Which is odd, because isn't his brother considered one of the hardest workers?

His skating looks lazy. I don’t remember that from last year. I have a spinal fusion at L5/S1 so I know low back pain and this kid skates like he’s having problems. Maybe that’s what the LBI was?

Maybe it’s all in my head too.

His skating looks lazy. I don’t remember that from last year. I have a spinal fusion at L5/S1 so I know low back pain and this kid skates like he’s having problems. Maybe that’s what the LBI was?

Maybe it’s all in my head too.

I am thinking there is an injury. I saw some of his world junior play and I thought he looked at or below his play last year. There is something going on. 

Ullmark has three straight losses.

4-0 vs Syracuse

2-1 vs Utica in a shootout

3-2 vs Utica in a shootout

He's played great, not putting any of those losses on him at all. It's like some funk followed him back from Buffalo!

The infection is spreading.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.