Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Asplund, at 19, is 4 on his SHL team in scoring. He is another playmaker however. He is also a little undersized. I suspect he is the future 3rd line center, but is continues to develop, who knows.

His teammate Michael Lindqvist is 22 and a FA. He is also undersized, but a skilled scorer which we need desperately.

I'm hoping for an Amerks Swedish Invasion next season.

Stole the puck on a forecheck and scored

Cornel is an interesting story. He was the 3rd overall pick in the 2012 OHL priority draft.

1. McDavid

2. Jared McKeown

3. Cornel

4. McCann

5. Ho-Sang

6. Fabbri

7. Dal Colle

8. Bennett

Obviously he was once considered a top prospect. He improved each year in the OHL. He may be a kid that just needs time.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

Does this mean I can't think that EROD should be in Rochester? Who am I to question people in decision-making positions of this prestigious franchise?

Think what you want.  That is the point of this board.  However, Jbot and Sexton have shown me so far that they know how to build an AHL team at least.  If they felt that someone in the ECHL would be an upgrade for their playoff bound Amerks, I'm sure they'd make the move.

As to ERod, he is still waivers exempt, however with Josefson out and trades brewing, we are already short of forwards. He is also on a 2 way deal (250K guaranted in the AHL). I wouldn't be surprised if he is sent back down after the trade deadline to bolster the Amerks.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

I went to Saturday night's game here in Charlotte.  Took my 9 year old son to his first game, and it was my first, live and in-person, in over two years, because, well, life.  Anyhoo... it was a great game.  A few thoughts:

- Crisco-Griffith-Smith were by far the best line on the ice.  Crazy speed, pretty passing.  Really fun to watch.

- Wilcox was strong in goal.  Sorry not to have seen Linus, but Wilcox made some big stops.

- The Amerks forecheck was intense, pretty much all night.  The pressured the Checkers D and created many turnovers.  I haven't seen a team play with that strong of a forecheck and that much pressure on the puck carrier in a long time.  Do they always play that way?

- On the flip side, when players stop moving their feet in the neutral zone, odd man rushes and chances are given up the other way.  The two most guilty at this?  Bailey and Nylander.

- Nylander-Bailey-Malone played well in the first period, then were awful the rest of the game (outside of Malone).  I kinda felt bad for Malone on a few shifts, as he has 1/2 the skill of his linemates, but worked his tail off.  The other two seemed to coast after the first period.  I was even more surprised that Nylander tried to play a physical game, whereas Bailey played with occasional speed, but stayed on the perimeter.

- The only time Charlotte had sustained pressure was against the Bailey-Nylander-Malone trio

- The 4th line (Cornel-Ross-?) was the 2nd best line of the night; many chances, lots of pressure

- Thought Fasching played well, despite not getting any points... very physical in the corners

- On defence you can tell there's lots of veterans. Guhle is quick, but made a number of high risk-high reward passes.  Liked his game overall.

Edited by chilenska havsabborre

- The Amerks forecheck was intense, pretty much all night. The pressured the Checkers D and created many turnovers. I haven't seen a team play with that strong of a forecheck and that much pressure on the puck carrier in a long time. Do they always play that way?.

They’ve made that their style this year. I think in a playoff series their relentless forecheck would really wear a team down. Question is, could they sustain that pressure through multiple games? I think they could.

Your other assessments seem to mirror what I think I’ve seen through multiple games this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.