Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

A little pre-Olympic prep?

Curious.. once the Olympics are over can those players sign contracts in the NHL?  I'd have to believe they could.  Might be interesting to see if Gionta finds any takers for the last month of the season and the playoffs?

Rochester AmericansVerified account @AmerksHockey now33 seconds ago

More

NEWS | The #Amerks have signed @Giostyle21 (Gionta) to a one-game Professional Tryout Out and is expected to be in the lineup Friday night versus the #Marlies when the team returns home from the All-Star break.

Can they have jerseys ready by Friday? I'll be there with mini me in tow either way.

Game was great. I forgot about all the logistical nightmares that occur with a packed arena. Traffic was gridlock Ed from 6 until after puck drop. Everyone tries to park in the same garage (civic center attached to arena). I had to change destinations because we weren't getting into the arena until after puck drop. Which meant I parked on the other side of the Genesee and we froze our off walking over the bridge.

Concessions aren't really staffed for that kind of crowd. All lines 20 minutes deep unless you exit your seat prior to the horn.

I haven't seen a crowd that lit after Gionta scored since the 96 Calder cup run where Holzinger, Ward led Amerks kept the opponent hemmed in their own zone for the entire 3rd period to a standing ovation for the entirety.

The whole building chanted USA for quite a while. It was surreal.

Game was great. I forgot about all the logistical nightmares that occur with a packed arena. Traffic was gridlock Ed from 6 until after puck drop. Everyone tries to park in the same garage (civic center attached to arena). I had to change destinations because we weren't getting into the arena until after puck drop. Which meant I parked on the other side of the Genesee and we froze our ###### off walking over the bridge.

Concessions aren't really staffed for that kind of crowd. All lines 20 minutes deep unless you exit your seat prior to the horn.

I haven't seen a crowd that lit after Gionta scored since the 96 Calder cup run where Holzinger, Ward led Amerks kept the opponent hemmed in their own zone for the entire 3rd period to a standing ovation for the entirety.

The whole building chanted USA for quite a while. It was surreal.

I pulled right into a free spot on Broad before Irving at 6:15. Best spot I’ve ever had. That was the biggest/most amped crowd I’ve ever seen. I missed the Calder year because I wasn’t a...WNYer.....yet.

My wife helped sell tickets tonight and they were worried they’d run out of seats before the line was done. I had to wait in a line to take a friggin leak!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.