Nicolas Deslauriers traded to MON for Zach Redmond

sabills

The Canadiens acquire Nicolas Deslauriers from BUF, in return for Zach Redmond. Deslauriers will report to the Laval Rocket.

d4rk will be happy.

Redman plays right D, he's split his time between the AHL and the NHL the last couple of years.

Edited by sabills

The Canadiens acquire Nicolas Deslauriers from BUF, in return for Zach Redmond. Deslauriers will report to the Laval Rocket.

d4rk will be happy.

Redman plays right D, he's split his time between the AHL and the NHL the last couple of years.

Correct! 

Isn't Montreal hurting on defensive depth? They traded their blue chip prospect for Drouin, Emelin was drafted by Vegas, Markov went to the KHL, Baloo is here. Did they bring anyone in?

I don't get this move from their perspective (other than knowing they love their hometown french-speakers) but I like it from our perspective.

Isn't Montreal hurting on defensive depth? They traded their blue chip prospect for Drouin, Emelin was drafted by Vegas, Markov went to the KHL, Baloo is here. Did they bring anyone in?

I don't get this move from their perspective (other than knowing they love their hometown french-speakers) but I like it from our perspective.

Not to mention Subban  :flirt:

This trade is made for the AHL teams.  Neither team is going to expect much of anything from these guys at the NHL level.

I suspect Montreal needed/wanted to shed a contract before acquiring DLo.

I wonder if he requested a trade.

I also wonder if the acquisition of another defenceman means the inevitable trade of Gorges is pending.

Does some team have a spare bag of pucks they are looking to unload?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.