Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

Nylander? Or Casey?

The sad part is Nylander isn’t what they thought on draft day. Nylander was a perimeter floater in the OHL. What’s changed? I’m not sure Boqvist is this year.

Injuries and playing against men when he wasn't physically ready for it.

No reason to give up on Nylander, we can just go revisit the posts from those who gave up on Reinhart to see how wrong we (fans) can be.

Its tough because Sabres stink and TM gave away too many picks for guys who havent panned out. That being said, we forget some guys just take longer to develop... some never do... what choice as fans do we have... but hope and pessimism... show me deal. JBOTs has his work cut out for him.

Injuries and playing against men when he wasn't physically ready for it.

No reason to give up on Nylander, we can just go revisit the posts from those who gave up on Reinhart to see how wrong we (fans) can be.

Yeah, putting him in the A made bad tendencies worse. I wasn’t a fan then, I’m less of a fan now. The Sabres and Nylander need to sit down with him and his representatives and explain to him what needs to happen in the off-season. He needs to get stronger and learn, like Reinhart has, that he needs to play around the net.

Yeah, putting him in the A made bad tendencies worse. I wasn’t a fan then, I’m less of a fan now. The Sabres and Nylander need to sit down with him and his representatives and explain to him what needs to happen in the off-season. He needs to get stronger and learn, like Reinhart has, that he needs to play around the net.

w

I honestly think that Murrays biggest mistake was putting Nylander in the AHL well before he was ready

Trading away the 1st rounder for Lehner was really poor but potentially ruining the 8th pick overall is worse

watching the Dahlin vs Boqvist matchup this morning and also get to see Olofsson play.

He has 2 goals so far as Frolunda leads Brynas 8-3 with 4 mins to go.   Both goals in close with accurate wrist shots.

Olofsson, Boqvist, or Dahlin?

I’d like to see Jack and Guhle in a match race. Guhle showed some impressive speed in that OT vs LV.

I’m not sure there’s a faster straight line speed skater once Jack gets going, in the entire NHL, including McDavid, after viewing the faster skater where Jack had a terrible start and still came close.

His long powerful stride pulls him ahead the longer the distance of track available.

I for one am sorry for ever predicting that Alex Nylander be our #1 draft pick in the 2016. If Murray ever saw my original post and got the idea from there, I am sorry. He is slow to develop as a player with confidence under the screwed-up Sabres system.  Also: missing Nikita Zadorov.

Edited by Marvelo

I for one am sorry for ever predicting that Alex Nylander be our #1 draft pick in the 2016. If Murray ever saw my original post and got the idea from there, I am sorry. He is slow to develop as a player with confidence under the screwed-up Sabres system.  Also: missing Nikita Zadorov.

Yeh I miss him too could you imagine him and Risto together...

Yeh I miss him too could you imagine him and Risto together...

I don't miss him at all. He's an anachronism. His largeness and big hitting style has no place in this skaters' league.

Plus, didn't he miss a meeting when he was, what, like eighteen years old?

Edited by SwampD

No suffering here. I just stopped paying any money towards the team. I stopped paying attention. And I went on to live my life.

This. It's amazing how much less the team stinking up the joint has bothered me since I stopped buying merchandise, attending games, and paying for center ice.

Not being financially invested has made me less emotionally invested as well, but I still log into this board every day to see what's going on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.