Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

Nobody is suggesting that he's getting moved 1 for 1 for a top pairing defenseman.  

That said, his trade value is still high due to his age and skill level.    There are plenty of GMs who think they can get him back on track.

And it’s entirely possible one of those GMs has an office at One Seymour Knox Plaza

And it’s entirely possible one of those GMs has an office at One Seymour Knox Plaza

He sure sounded like he was in Nylanders corner, didn’t he?

He had a rep for believing in and supporting the prospects in Pittsburgh.

Hope he can work some magic with Alex.

When he talks about having to add speed and skill to the organization, it would nice to mould some already here.

Edited by dudacek

It also sounds like Jbot is confident he can get Asplund and Olofsson signed and soon if their teams lose in the playoffs.

Olofsson would be a must this offseason or we’d lose his rights, I believe Asplund would still be under control for another 2 years.

He sure sounded like he was in Nylanders corner, didn’t he?

He had a rep for believing in and supporting the prospects in Pittsburgh.

Hope he can work some magic with Alex.

When he talks about having to add speed and skill to the organization, it would nice to mould some already here.

Holding out hope Nylander pans out, and we already have 4/6 of a fast, talented top 6:

X - Eichel - Reinhart

X - Mittelstadt - Nylander

One can dream.

Kris Baker from Sabres Prospects all but guaranteed that Olofsson would be signing with the Sabres on Twitter this AM

Every article I've ever read about him says he wants to come here and has worked on the things the coaches here have told him to work on.  My guess is given our lack of scoring that he thinks he can make an impact here and soon. 

Every article I've ever read about him says he wants to come here and has worked on the things the coaches here have told him to work on.  My guess is given our lack of scoring that he thinks he can make an impact here and soon.

Especially on the LW.

Are we expecting Olofsson to go straight to the big club, or start out in Rochester and get acclimated to the North American game for a season? I am very excited at the idea of his scoring touch being added to the Sabres, but don't want to assume he can make such a big leap in one offseason.

Are we expecting Olofsson to go straight to the big club, or start out in Rochester and get acclimated to the North American game for a season? I am very excited at the idea of his scoring touch being added to the Sabres, but don't want to assume he can make such a big leap in one offseason.

He'll need to go to Rochester for sure. Just like Asplund

He'll need to go to Rochester for sure. Just like Asplund

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm especially excited for Olofsson though. His stick handling and his shot just scream NHL. I think he would get an immediate position on the team's 2PP line whenever he is called upon to join the big club

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm especially excited for Olofsson though. His stick handling and his shot just scream NHL. I think he would get an immediate position on the team's 2PP line whenever he is called upon to join the big club

Just maaaybe we’ll finally get that lucky, somewhat unexpected later round hit, that other teams always seem to randomly get at some point.

Edited by Thorny

Per Kris Baker, the SHL seasons are over for both Asplund and Olofsson. They're both options for the World Championships for Sweden but also for ATO/ELC. Hopefully Botterill is on it.

An all Swedish line for the playoffs?

Per Kris Baker

Rasmus Asplund and Victor Olofsson have been named to Sweden's roster for their upcoming Euro Hockey Challenge (World Championship prep) games vs. Slovakia. #Sabres

This likely rules them out for Rochester this year

That’s ok. I like that both guys are part of the national team.

Per Kris Baker

Rasmus Asplund and Victor Olofsson have been named to Sweden's roster for their upcoming Euro Hockey Challenge (World Championship prep) games vs. Slovakia. #Sabres

This likely rules them out for Rochester this year

Yeah getting these guys here for 5-10 games when 30 dudes have been bleeding Amerks red white and blue all season doesn't amount to much other than exposing them to the NA game.

Botterill announced on GR that Mittelstadt will have an opportunity with Team USA for the World Championships in Denmark

Mentioned that Asplund and Olofsson are in training camp for Sweden for the Worlds, if they don’t make the team he would like to have them in Rochester on ATOs. If not the plan is to have them sign ELCs for next season

Botterill announced on GR that Mittelstadt will have an opportunity with Team USA for the World Championships in Denmark

Mentioned that Asplund and Olofsson are in training camp for Sweden for the Worlds, if they don’t make the team he would like to have them in Rochester on ATOs. If not the plan is to have them sign ELCs for next season

He also said that he is confident (though obviously not certain) that Nelson we re-sign. And he was happy w/ the way Nelson & Guhle played though he'd rather they be 3rd pairing next year rather than 2nd.

Talked about how the Sabres try to speak to their unsigned prospects every 2-3 weeks & that they encourage the kids to call them if they need/want to talk about anything. Made it sound like that is a very new way for the Sabres to do things.

IMHO In a salary cap world, this is the sort of stuff a deep pocketed owner that claims to want to win can do to get an edge on the competition. They should have the largest & best scouting staff & largest & best player development staff.

He also said that he is confident (though obviously not certain) that Nelson we re-sign. And he was happy w/ the way Nelson & Guhle played though he'd rather they be 3rd pairing next year rather than 2nd.

Talked about how the Sabres try to speak to their unsigned prospects every 2-3 weeks & that they encourage the kids to call them if they need/want to talk about anything. Made it sound like that is a very new way for the Sabres to do things.

IMHO In a salary cap world, this is the sort of stuff a deep pocketed owner that claims to want to win can do to get an edge on the competition. They should have the largest & best scouting staff & largest & best player development staff.

Good info Taro. I'm liking JBott approach so far. This is a big off season for the franchise.

^

Well, not so fast. He did mention that it’d be a healthy (ha!) Bogosian and McCabe returning that would allow Guhle and Nelson to bump down, so.

Edited by Thorny

All of this is great but the part in bold is literally amazing.  What a simple way to give this organization a completely different culture.  And how silly is it that this was something we weren't doing previously.  

With every passing day it becomes more humiliating that we were ever impressed by ZFG.

All of this is great but the part in bold is literally amazing. What a simple way to give this organization a completely different culture. And how silly is it that this was something we weren't doing previously.

With every passing day it becomes more humiliating that we were ever impressed by ZFG.

As far as I can tell there was literally no communication of any kind going on anywhere in the org under Murray.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.