Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

^

Well, not so fast. He did mention that it’d be a healthy (ha!) Bogosian and McCabe returning that would allow Guhle and Nelson to bump down, so.

The Bogosian / McCabe info was from the Friedman article IIRC. Didn't hear that on the drive in to Buffalo, but might have just missed it. (Got caught next to several very weavy tractor trailers & had 1 detour to get around.)

The Bogosian / McCabe info was from the Friedman article IIRC. Didn't hear that on the drive in to Buffalo, but might have just missed it. (Got caught next to several very weavy tractor trailers & had 1 detour to get around.)

Ah ok. But still, if that’s the plan to improve the D, it’s just a kick in the you know where.

Ah ok. But still, if that’s the plan to improve the D, it’s just a kick in the you know where.

True. But in fairness, at this point in time, can he really say "the plan is to land Dahlin & DeHaan, and if we don't get #1 we'll try to bring in another FA?"

True. But in fairness, at this point in time, can he really say "the plan is to land Dahlin & DeHaan, and if we don't get #1 we'll try to bring in another FA?"

That’s what I’m hoping. That it’s not the actual plan. You could be correct, there.

Please let me have missed the sarcasm...

I don’t know how to do the sarcasm emoticon from a phone.

Listen I just had a vasectomy. This comment is offensive.

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm especially excited for Olofsson though. His stick handling and his shot just scream NHL. I think he would get an immediate position on the team's 2PP line whenever he is called upon to join the big club

I would not be so sure that he ends up in Rochester. He is now an older prospect and has ton of pro experience. Wing is also the easiest adjustment to the smaller ice. He also is a guy that scores by going to the net. If he has a good camp and off-season I can see him making the team given our desperate need for scoring.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

How awesome would it be if Olofsson turned into the Sabres' long-awaited overseas late-draft diamond find?

From eliteprospects.com:

Olofsson is a winger with natural goal-scoring instincts. Knows how to find open ice and has a good, hard shot. Skates extremely well and is a decent playmaker, too. His lack of size can be a problem in physical contests.

He turns 23 this summer.  He's 5'11", 172 lbs.

Maybe...

How awesome would it be if Olofsson turned into the Sabres' long-awaited overseas late-draft diamond find?

From eliteprospects.com:

He turns 23 this summer.  He's 5'11", 172 lbs.

Maybe...

Nearly 23 and hasn’t made the NHL yet? BUST!

(Seriously, are we overdue for a long shot hit, or what?)

All those guys coming over here better stay in Rochester for a year. I'm sick of getting burned by bringing these guys up too early

It is different than a college or Canadian junior player. Olofsson and Asplund have 4 SHL seasons. The adjustment should be smoother. We will have to wait and see though. I would like both to spend some time in Rochester I think. 

It is different than a college or Canadian junior player. Olofsson and Asplund have 4 SHL seasons. The adjustment should be smoother. We will have to wait and see though. I would like both to spend some time in Rochester I think. 

Mostly it's to grow a winning dynamic as a team, and then bring them up collectively with that attitude. I don't want to poison them with bad attitudes and routines by bringing them up to this loser locker room right away

Botterill said on Wednesday the plan is to have Asplund and Olofsson in Rochester next season. Also Chris Taylor mentioned they would rather keep a player too long in the AHL, then send them up too soon.

I’m sure that’s the plan, but players and plans don’t always mesh. I’m looking forward to seeing Olofsson in pre-season to see if he can force Jbot’s hand. He also has some leverage and maybe able to force an NHL only deal like Antipin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.