Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

@Matt_Bove

Alex Nylander did not touch the ice in OT. Looks like he’s glued to the bench. Hasn’t been a good game for him, and that’s putting it lightly #Amerks #Sabres

Rinse. Wash. Repeat. He's garbage. Doesn't put forth the effort to succeed against men. Just plays the perimeter looking for opportunities. He needs to go away now.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat. He's garbage. Doesn't put forth the effort to succeed against men. Just plays the perimeter looking for opportunities. He needs to go away now.

Even at the WJHC he was a perimeter player. He didn't hunt the puck down or seem to work hard. No engagement.

Like I tell my son, do you want to watch things happen or make them happen.

Corey Pronman released his Top 50 Prospect Ranking, Casey Mittelstadt is at Number One

Mittelstadt, the MVP of the World Juniors, stands out with his elite offensive abilities. There are very few players outside the NHL who can create offense like he can, and he often brings fans out of their seats. He skates well, has arguably the best set of hands outside the league and has great overall offensive instincts as a playmaker. Off the puck, he’s not the best. Despite having fine size, he isn’t going to be a high-end physical player and needs work defensively. However, he shields pucks fine and, given his size and elite skill package, it gives him the potential to be a star in the league. I have small reservations about his production at various levels relative to his age that raise a tiny alarm in my brain, but I’ve watched him so much and see a consistently high-end guy that I’m not too concerned especially given he was playing high school hockey a year ago.

Corey Pronman released his Top 50 Prospect Ranking, Casey Mittelstadt is at Number One

Mittelstadt, the MVP of the World Juniors, stands out with his elite offensive abilities. There are very few players outside the NHL who can create offense like he can, and he often brings fans out of their seats. He skates well, has arguably the best set of hands outside the league and has great overall offensive instincts as a playmaker. Off the puck, he’s not the best. Despite having fine size, he isn’t going to be a high-end physical player and needs work defensively. However, he shields pucks fine and, given his size and elite skill package, it gives him the potential to be a star in the league. I have small reservations about his production at various levels relative to his age that raise a tiny alarm in my brain, but I’ve watched him so much and see a consistently high-end guy that I’m not too concerned especially given he was playing high school hockey a year ago.

We have a Patrick Kane

Rak, what does Pronman mean in the quote above about Casey’s production relative to his age? From all I’ve read and seen, his production is on the elite end of the spectrum given his age.

I was wondering that too.  I wonder if it means that he tends to be the oldest player due to age cut-off so he's among the oldest players for a given year?  Other than that I got nuthin.

Rak, what does Pronman mean in the quote above about Casey’s production relative to his age? From all I’ve read and seen, his production is on the elite end of the spectrum given his age.

Pronman is saying 'Don't worry he isn't scoring in NCAA and didn't in USHL last season.'

My charts have him at 14th among forwards in his draft class for his NCAA this year. 7th last year in the USHL. Pronman is putting more weight on the WJC.

He did NOT trade for Hasek.

The moron known as Muckler traded for him & left him exposed in the next expansion draft AND traded a truckload for Fuhr AFTER he had Hasek. Had Fuhr not screwed up his knee, he probably would've traded away the best goalie of all time for a used puck bag & 2 broken sticks. (But in fairness, the puck bag would've had a LOT of pucks & the broken sticks would've both been lefties. A lot of power'd gone into breaking both. ;) )

Actually, I think Meehan traded for Hasek, and also traded for Fuhr.  Muckler took over GM duties the following year, did he not?

Actually, I think Meehan traded for Hasek, and also traded for Fuhr. Muckler took over GM duties the following year, did he not?

Though Meehan was still technically the GM in Muckler's 1st 2 seasons w/ the Sabres, Muckler was the Director of Hockey Operations (in addition to his coaching duties) and was defacto GM by the summer that saw the Sabres bring in Hasek.

Meehan's last big splash was Lafontaine.

Saying that Meehan was responsible for bringing in Hasek is akin to saying Beauregard was traded for Hasek; it's technically correct but not reflective of what actually happened.

Though Meehan was still technically the GM in Muckler's 1st 2 seasons w/ the Sabres, Muckler was the Director of Hockey Operations (in addition to his coaching duties) and was defacto GM by the summer that saw the Sabres bring in Hasek.

Saying that Meehan was responsible for bringing in Hasek is akin to saying Beauregard was traded for Hasek; it's technically correct but not reflective of what actually happened.

Yeah, I recall it was kind of a fuzzy situation back then on who was pulling the strings.  The years are all starting to blend together too, which isn't helping.  It sucks to get old.

Ah, yes, the old Beauregard/Ruuttu switcheroo.  Funny thing was, I have zero recollection of that being a three-way deal with the Jets.  So when it was reported years later that we traded Beauregard, I was totally lost.

This is true, but I also remember him for bringing in Mogilny and all that entailed.

Pronman is saying 'Don't worry he isn't scoring in NCAA and didn't in USHL last season.'

My charts have him at 14th among forwards in his draft class for his NCAA this year. 7th last year in the USHL. Pronman is putting more weight on the WJC.

He led the USHL is Points/game at 1.25

Svechnikov was 3rd at 1.21 pts/game as a 16 year old

He led the USHL is Points/game at 1.25

Svechnikov was 3rd at 1.21 pts/game as a 16 year old

Zach Solow (one of the best names in hockey) came in second, and wasn't drafted.

The year earlier Keller scored 1.61 per game, Keller being about 8 months younger when you factor in the year. (Keller and Mittelstadt are almost the same age)

Mittlestadt's numbers in USHL and NCAA are good, they just aren't the level of best prospect in hockey. Pronman is just saying I don't care about that, I know what I saw in the WJC. Me? I'm waiting it out before I have an opinion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.