Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

Odds that Borgen does not go the UFA route and signs with the Sabres? Hope I'm wrong but I'm around 17%

I'm definitely worried he goes UFA. But if their season ends in time, we can offer to sign him and get him in the NHL this year (and burn the first year of his contract). That's a good offer.

If we can't/don't do that, no real reason for him not to test the market.

Odds that Borgen does not go the UFA route and signs with the Sabres? Hope I'm wrong but I'm around 17%

He's playing in the Olympics so he may turn pro after that. I guess his school is doing well so he would probably rejoin them for a run at the Frozen Four.

JBot loves his college guys so let's see what sales pitch he can deliver.

Would be nice. Rochester will need help. He can work his way up.

Borgen signing might change the Sabres Draft Strategy, the biggest knock against Hughes and Boqvist is their play in the D Zone.

Borgen is described as a minute eating, stay at home Defenseman he would be a perfect partner for either of them to cover their liabilities.

Borgen signing might change the Sabres Draft Strategy, the biggest knock against Hughes and Boqvist is their play in the D Zone.

Borgen is described as a minute eating, stay at home Defenseman he would be a perfect partner for either of them to cover their liabilities.

It should change nothing. Draft the best player.

I have to give props where it's due. Liger has raved about this guy since almost the day he was drafted. He's a 7th round pick and I just gave it absolutely zero attention. He may still turn into nothing but he's certainly on my radar now and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he can do in NA next season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/article.php?id=236

About Olofsson, he met with Adam Mair and the Sabres Swedish Scout recently.

I love drafting Swedes and Finns in the later rounds.

I have to give props where it's due. Liger has raved about this guy since almost the day he was drafted. He's a 7th round pick and I just gave it absolutely zero attention. He may still turn into nothing but he's certainly on my radar now and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he can do in NA next season.

I got lucky. I saw a highlight video and loved his skating and shooting. I was higher on Gustav Possler but Olofsson surpassed him.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/article.php?id=236

About Olofsson, he met with Adam Mair and the Sabres Swedish Scout recently.

“They also want me to get to the inside more often, score some dirty goals on deflections and rebounds. That’s something I’m working on.”

That settles it. They're trading Sam for sure!

Seriously, I like both that they are trying to develop him out of his comfort zone to make him a more complete NHLer, and that he is apparently receptive to it.

After watching the Olofsson video, I have two thoughts:  1. he seems to have a very "heavy" wrist shot, in much the same way people have a heavy slapshot.  It seems like there's a lot of power there.  2. Can you image a powerplay with Jack playing Left Ovechkin and Olofsson playing Right Ovechkin?  It would be relentless.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.