Mittelstadt - Hobey Baker?

WildCard

I can't wait to see this kid play on Eichel's wing.

Do NCAA prospects get to attend training camp or does that interfere with school?

I've wondered about this too; even if they attend, I have to think they have to pay out of pocket for travel and lodging, which could be a pretty penny. It's probably a good investment in your career, but depending on your situation dropping a grand or two may be tough.

The thing the thing the public doesn't understand about the pull-ups is that while everyone else was trying to pull their chin up to the bar with their arms, Casey was actually lifting the harbour centre off its foundation with his big toe. The camera angle missed it.

The thing the thing the public doesn't understand about the pull-ups is that while everyone else was trying to pull their chin up to the bar with their arms, Casey was actually lifting the harbour centre off its foundation with his big toe. The camera angle missed it.

Not to mention the three terminally ill patients at a hospital up in Minnesota that were miraculously cured at that very moment.

The Sabres Fanatics Twitter is a must follow, btw. They have a collection of Middleshtaht highlights from yesterday's matchup. This one isn't a goal, but it's one of my faves:

https://twitter.com/SabresFanatics/status/892486549627183107

He was the guy I wanted and he sure seems like an electric offensive player.

mittlestud

How has that not been typed until now?

His game reminds me of Jack.  Fast, excellent passer, skates with his head, good shot.  I can see why Jbot  jumped on him when he stupidly fell to us.  Hyperbole and bold prediction time; he will be better then every forward drafted ahead of him except Hischier.

His style seems to be a mix of McDavid's and Eichel's. Mittelstadt is a little shifter than Eichel.

I agree with your prediction. Though I honestly think he could end up #1 from 2017. Time will tell. His ceiling is higher than Reinhart's, and I think Reinhart's ceiling is high.

I love Casey but no way his shot is near jack.

Agreed.  I said good shot not great shot.  

He also isn't going to be a generational player like Jack is.  However, I agree with Thorny that his upside looks to be as good if not better then Reinhart.  It will be interesting to see what Casey and Nylander become once they fill out their 6'0+ frames.

Agreed.  I said good shot not great shot.  

He also isn't going to be a generational player like Jack is.  However, I agree with Thorny that his upside looks to be as good if not better then Reinhart.  It will be interesting to see what Casey and Nylander become once they fill out their 6'0+ frames.

Yep. If nylander can turn into what we hope he can then our forwards could be really special in a couple years.

Yep. If nylander can turn into what we hope he can then our forwards could be really special in a couple years.

I think we see a marked improvement in Nylander with Rochester this year.  As mentioned in numerous posts, he looks quite a bit bigger and still has all summer to keep working out.  I believe he has a strong fast start in Rochester and gets Buffalo call-ups by Thanksgiving, however, I don't think we will see long stretches of him in blue and gold unless there is a long term injury.

I think Botterill's hope and plan is for Nylander to have a Guentzel-esque season - dominate the minors, come up, step into a slot with Jack or ROR and never look back.

I also have a serious concern that Nylander is on a Buffalo or bust mission and he may not take a Rochester start very well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.