Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Pretty sure the plan was for him to only stay there for 3 years when he signed on. Really doubt he was pushed out as much as he didn't want to be part of a decision making team. He was THE man in Joisey & will be again (unfortunately) on the Island (Brooklyn is on LI ;)). Darn shame, liked having Snow calling their shots.

That was the plan.  He said something to the effect of, if he didn't have Dubas ready in three years, he wouldn't have done his job correctly.

Heard from multiple sources that the #NHL prospect who had issues with video games referenced last week on the 31 Thoughts pod is #Canucks pick Olli Juolevi.

Main issue was Juolevi, a native of Helsinki, Finland, was staying up late playing video games with friends back home while playing for London in the #OHL

This is from Dhiren Mahiban

Heard from multiple sources that the #NHL prospect who had issues with video games referenced last week on the 31 Thoughts pod is #Canucks pick Olli Juolevi.

Main issue was Juolevi, a native of Helsinki, Finland, was staying up late playing video games with friends back home while playing for London in the #OHL

This is from Dhiren Mahiban

If they are anything like our gaming sessions it's always "One more game...." repeated 8 times and the next thing you know it's 2am.  :)

Of course I'm not looking for a large NHL contract...

Update from Jeff Marek

Dhiren - I said I would not reveal the identity of the player or go market-to-market denying it was each team's prospect but you've boxed me into a corner. This is not accurate. Your sources are wrong. It is not Olli Juolevi. twitter.com/dcmahiban/stat…

Update from Jeff Marek

Dhiren - I said I would not reveal the identity of the player or go market-to-market denying it was each team's prospect but you've boxed me into a corner. This is not accurate. Your sources are wrong. It is not Olli Juolevi. twitter.com/dcmahiban/stat…

I thought the speculation was devils prospect McLeod?

Considering Marek tweeted out that the Juolevi rumors are wrong, but didn't say anything about McLeod, maybe it really was McLeod? :huh:

Max Jones or Vilardi

Considering Marek tweeted out that the Juolevi rumors are wrong, but didn't say anything about McLeod, maybe it really was McLeod? :huh:

Max Jones or Vilardi

Max Jones or Vilardi

Would be nice to watch some hockey on a Friday night... but no, let's wait another day. 

Thanks Bettman, you jackass. 

I wonder if it's a nod to Canada, though. (HNIC.)

Sens AGM Randy Lee arrested in Buffalo on harassment charges after an incident on public transportation

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23669034/ottawa-senators-assistant-gm-randy-lee-arrested-buffalo-harassment

I clicked because I thought I'd read some wacky story about a fist fight on the metro rail.

Turns out, it was an incident on a hotel shuttle bus. 

Would be nice to watch some hockey on a Friday night... but no, let's wait another day. 

Thanks Bettman, you jackass. 

I think they're doing it so the players have more rest and can play with more energy. I don't mind waiting between the games if it makes the games really good. 

I wonder if it's a nod to Canada, though. (HNIC.)

I clicked because I thought I'd read some wacky story about a fist fight on the metro rail.

Turns out, it was an incident on a hotel shuttle bus. 

It's one hell of an incident:  https://www.wkbw.com/news/ottawa-senators-assistant-gm-arrested-in-buffalo

I suggest watching Flynn's press conference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.