Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Two Decades.

And it's a shame, because with some tweaks it could have been very useful to most fans. I know -- YOU personally can see ever slapshot and where it's going and where the puck is along the boards when it's out of sight. Ya know, it's 2018. Why can't I toggle that feature on and off?

I feel confident that we end up with one of them.

Who else needs a goalie? Philly, Ottawa? St. Louis? Vancouver? Is that it?

Vancouver and Ottawa won't be spending to get either of those given their situations so really I think it's just St.Louis and Philly.

From McKenzie

Take this for the proverbial FWIW, because it’s not what I would term a “report” as much as it is anecdotal — there seems to be a decided uptick in the Lou Lamoriello-to-NYI talk within the NHL community. @DarrenDreger noticed it today in DEN; my sense here in NA is the same.

From McKenzie

Take this for the proverbial FWIW, because it’s not what I would term a “report” as much as it is anecdotal — there seems to be a decided uptick in the Lou Lamoriello-to-NYI talk within the NHL community. @DarrenDreger noticed it today in DEN; my sense here in NA is the same.

God I hate the word uptick.

I don't understand why they are doing it before finding a GM.  It looks to me like they're signing on the local hero in hopes of pleasing the fans.

They interviewed a few people (including our AGM) and got turned down. I'm pretty sure the owner admitted to only offering peanuts for both his GM and HC positions. This automatically limits the pool of potential candidates to people who feel like they don't need the money or younger/unproven guys who are willing to work for peanuts just for the opportunity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.