Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Yeah I know, I actually think they'll be in both. Lou's good at tanking ;)

Losing with dignity, not tanking.

This from Rick Carpinello from the Athletic

To me, the #NYI moves today mean Tavares is staying. You don't make a big move like this without his OK.

Or this

The other side, of course, is that Tavares has decided to leave, and thus Snow had to be fired for letting it get to this point. Among other reasons.

Doug Weight.. your new Asst. Coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

I'm in for that.

:thumbsup:

Losing with dignity, not tanking. This from Rick Carpinello from the Athletic

To me, the #NYI moves today mean Tavares is staying. You don't make a big move like this without his OK.

Or this

The other side, of course, is that Tavares has decided to leave, and thus Snow had to be fired for letting it get to this point. Among other reasons.

Exactly. Just sad that he's leaving the Island. Had hoped he would hold that position for life & live a VERY long time.

If he hasn't already landed elsewhere, would expect Hunter to be working in Brooklyn for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Taro T

“We’ve had meetings and conversations certainly throughout the past two weeks since I’ve been here and it’s my opinion that at this point there’s a culture change that is needed and new voices needed in different areas,” Lamoriello said on a conference call. “And because of that the change was made… We would not have made that change if we didn’t feel that was the right thing to do."

Strong words from Lou. Interesting that removing Weight is part of a needed "culture change". I wonder who else Lou considers part of the problem?

Are you guys thinking of adding, or replacing?

Payne is clearly the senior guy of our current three.

Ward’s background is mentoring youngsters.

Hajt seems to be the young guy breaking in

Which is a problem when that description also describes the head coach to a T. ;)

As @FriedgeHNIC reported, Auston Matthews is leaving CAA as his agency of record. Leaves agency that reps Crosby and Tavares for Orr Group, who reps McDavid.

Per John Shannon and Elliott Friedman

Join us, Toronto, in cap purgatory

Edited by WildCard

As @FriedgeHNIC reported, Auston Matthews is leaving CAA as his agency of record. Leaves agency that reps Crosby and Tavares for Orr Group, who reps McDavid.

Per John Shannon and Elliott Friedman

Somewhere in Toronto, Brendan Shanahan is listening to Kyle Dubas drone on about adjusted Fenwick for right-handed defencemen and wondering if he should have kept Lou around for one more summer just to handle a few contract negotiations.

Somewhere in Orange County, Pi is sipping his scotch and smiling

Edited by dudacek

Somewhere in Toronto, Brendan Shanahan is listening to Kyle Dubas drone on about adjusted Fenwick for right-handed defencemen and wondering if he should have kept Lou around for one more summer just to handle a few contract negotiations.

Somewhere in Orange County, Pi is sipping his scotch and smiling

No joke, I literally just had 3 fingers of Highland Park before reading this... and I smiled.

This is going to be fun :)

We know how much Matthews loves money... I would argue he loves it more than the game itself.

Chasing money in Europe instead of bettering himself with an education.

Questionable values + questionable character = questionable outcome.

Edited by pi2000

Where does he find the time?

A veteran Sabre I could understand...

Think about it.    He doesn't need to go to work until late afternoon, so he has all morning to hit the range and even get in full rounds.

Wake up at 7a head to golf course, play 18 or practice.   Head to the rink at 3 or 4 to ref an NHL game.    

What a life. 

Where does he find the time?

A veteran Sabre I could understand...

Hahaaaaa!  Love it.

Think about it.    He doesn't need to go to work until late afternoon, so he has all morning to hit the range and even get in full rounds.

Wake up at 7a head to golf course, play 18 or practice.   Head to the rink at 3 or 4 to ref an NHL game.    

What a life. 

It's a lot on the body to walk an 18 hole course and then skate for an entire NHL game.

Hahaaaaa!  Love it.

It's a lot on the body to walk an 18 hole course and then skate for an entire NHL game.

They have these things called golf carts where you ride around the course... and it even holds your golf bag!

Not for guys who want to play PGA events.  They'd better get used to walking.

He's a conditioned athlete, he doesn't need to "get used to walking".     He likely uses a cart for 90% of his rounds... tour qualifying events and event week practice rounds obviously don't allow carts.   

He's a conditioned athlete, he doesn't need to "get used to walking".     He likely uses a cart for 90% of his rounds... tour qualifying events and event week practice rounds obviously don't allow carts.   

Off topic:  I think yours may be the best avatar pic in the history of SabreSpace

photo-728.jpg?_r=1525707191

I doubt this very much.  He's qualified for an elite level tournament.  You don't get there taking shortcuts.  His swing needs to be dialed in while his body is stressed in the way only walking 18 holes can do.  He's not carting if he had a goal of competing at that level.

I doubt this very much.  He's qualified for an elite level tournament.  You don't get there taking shortcuts.  His swing needs to be dialed in while his body is stressed in the way only walking 18 holes can do.  He's not carting if he had a goal of competing at that level.

Maybe during the offseason he walks some rounds... but during the NHL season when he needs to get in a quick round in the morning... I'm betting he rides.   

Walking a few miles likely doesn't have much impact on his ability to strike the ball consistently.    Maybe it would for you or I, but he's young and an elite endurance athlete at the pinnacle of his profession.      

Maybe during the offseason he walks some rounds... but during the NHL season when he needs to get in a quick round in the morning... I'm betting he rides.   

Walking a few miles likely doesn't have much impact on his ability to strike the ball consistently.    Maybe it would for you or I, but he's young and an elite endurance athlete at the pinnacle of his profession.      

pi, you ever do something really hard?  You practice the whole routine, as much as you can. You don't half-ass it most of the time and do the real thing once in a while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.