Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Holy Christmas - is that ever weird.

And, yeah - most definitely not an incident on public transportation.

You have to think that the AGM was impaired in some way.

Flynn's tack is sort of funny: Not the crime of the century, but I gotta call a press conference about it. In this particular instance, though, I sort of love that my elected DA is maybe going out of his way to take a shot at a divisional rival for "uncool" behaviour.

Also, having dealt with Flynn quite a bit back in the day, I had more recently observed to myself that Flynn's public appearances were more ... polished than I recalled him being (those appearances that were in his capacity as a candidate for DA and then as the elected DA). This presser featured more of Flynn's trademark style of speech. I always enjoyed it.

Edited by That Aud Smell

The biggest surprise is that Eugene Melnyk paid for his staff to stay at The Westin

I believe Freeman was talking about Murray

I love this line and shame on the rest of North America for not coming up with it sooner.

It's obviously the right move.

But it raises a lot of questions.

to include, maybe, the nature of Lou's departure from Toronto?

I am a little curious: If you were the Leafs, could you not figure out a way to pay Lou not to work for the next 2 months, so that he's not with another franchise maybe making use of intell that your franchise developed regarding the draft?

From a guy named Greg Brady:

That’s that for Tavares w/ the Isles. Have heard from far too many connected people that the only way JT was staying was a reaffirmed commitment to Weight as head coach. Isles will attempt to trade his rights before July 1.

Doug Weight.. your new Asst. Coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

I'm in for that.

Hmmm.

to include, maybe, the nature of Lou's departure from Toronto?

I am a little curious: If you were the Leafs, could you not figure out a way to pay Lou not to work for the next 2 months, so that he's not with another franchise maybe making use of intell that your franchise developed regarding the draft?

The thing is...this is the deal the Leafs cut with Lou to get him there in the first place. He seems to have decided that he's a contract killer and is making it his job to just go from team to team and whip them into shape.

He's Winston Wolfe and he makes the rules. You just get him his coffee. 

Doug Weight.. your new Asst. Coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

I'm in for that.

Shoot, fire Housley. 

The thing is...this is the deal the Leafs cut with Lou to get him there in the first place. He seems to have decided that he's a contract killer and is making it his job to just go from team to team and whip them into shape.

He's Winston Wolfe and he makes the rules. You just get him his coffee. 

Shoot, fire Housley. 

I'm not up for that.  I think Housley will be a very good coach.  There's no denying the offense that the Isles had last year and I am sure Weight can bring that experience to Buffalo.  If he also curries favor with Tavares and/or one of the UFA defensemen from Long Island then all the better.

I loved Weight as a player and so did other players.  I seem to recall hearing that players really liked him as a coach as well.  He's a no BS guy.  Botterill should have already made the call.

I'm not up for that.  I think Housley will be a very good coach.  There's no denying the offense that the Isles had last year and I am sure Weight can bring that experience to Buffalo.  If he also curries favor with Tavares and/or one of the UFA defensemen from Long Island then all the better.

I loved Weight as a player and so did other players.  I seem to recall hearing that players really liked him as a coach as well.  He's a no BS guy.  Botterill should have already made the call.

Eh, he's going to go to Toronto with Tavares anyway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.