Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Bah. Lucic will bring up the Sabres lack of response as often as he can. Why not. It was an embarrassment. Tanner Glass took a few for his team last night and Milan respects that. Its a tough guy code. There's a bond amongst tough guys that step up. Nothing wrong with that. It takes courage to step up in situations like that. The Sabres at that time turned tail. I can't say I would have stepped up in that situation because you just never know.Maybe I would have turned tail. But a team mate should have stepped up, took a few lumps ( or given some ) and this whole shitshow would have been over with that game. No one did so it lives on.

I hate this false memory of what happened. The Sabres responded, but by the time they got there, the officials wouldn’t let anything happen. It’s all on video for the world to see.

I hate this false memory of what happened. The Sabres responded, but by the time they got there, the officials wouldn’t let anything happen. It’s all on video for the world to see.

I can't allow this narrative. If the Sabres really wanted to send a message they could have. The refs can't stop everything.

It's a pretty big hockey urban legend by now.

It's very possible the incident was just a proxy that allowed a lot of simmering problems with the team to escape. There certainly was a narrative of the team that management and ownership bought into. The very origin of the tank, perhaps.

I can't allow this narrative. If the Sabres really wanted to send a message they could have. The refs can't stop everything.

Right after the hit or over the course of the rest of the game? Who was out there? Sekera, Vanek, Gaustad, Pominville and Myers. Gaustad did beat himself up for not doing more.

It's a pretty big hockey urban legend by now.

It's very possible the incident was just a proxy that allowed a lot of simmering problems with the team to escape. There certainly was a narrative of the team that management and ownership bought into. The very origin of the tank, perhaps.

Right after the hit or over the course of the rest of the game? Who was out there? Sekera, Vanek, Gaustad, Pominville and Myers. Gaustad did beat himself up for not doing more.

The rest of the game. Other games. Really any time. They let Lucic and his teammates get away with it. That's all there is to it.

Watch the video.

The rest of the game. Other games. Really any time. They let Lucic and his teammates get away with it. That's all there is to it.

I was one of the few who thought it was ok to run Thomas.  I got on.  

The next game, Gaustad went at Lucic asap.

I had on a Cap game last weekend and they were saying then that Holtby is struggling and Grubauer has been the better goalie of late. We seriously need a stud goalie like the Leafs got with Anderson but I doubt Washington will give him up in a trade. We can dream though...

The Sabres won the very first draft lottery in NHL history. The looser was Vancouver. I think it would be poetic justice if Vancouver were to win this coming lotto and start a rebuild after the Sedins retire with the #1 in the coming draft.

Do you like us being screwed or something?

Van will almost definitely retire their jerseys.  They are the far-and-away leaders in all time Canucks regular season games played, points, and assists.  Daniel is far and away 1st in goals (including GWG, and PPG).  Henrik is 7th in goals and 1st in consecutive games played (679!).  The trade engineering that took place to acquire their draft picks was special, and those two players defined that team from the time they were drafted until the time they retire(d).

The Sabres won the very first draft lottery in NHL history.  The looser was Vancouver.  I think it would be poetic justice if Vancouver were to win this coming lotto and start a rebuild after the Sedins retire with the #1 in the coming draft.

I want the Sabres to get 1st and pick Dahlin. You guys need Dahlin and deserve 1st. If the Oilers win, I will ...

Risto and Dahlin would make a nice 1st pairing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.