Housley Named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

I don't think we're as concerned about time missed as we are about how he plays when he's in the game. If he misses 15-20 but plays his best hockey ever, that's still plenty of hockey. I think he just has to hit 60 to be worth the roster spot (if his production improves).

Fair enough.

I shouldn't speak for him, I just think one of True's major contentions is that he misses too many games.

I was only commenting cause I'm looking to get in on the action as well :lol:

Would have preferred Tocchet I think. Housley is a gamble, first time HC. But he seems better than some of the other candidates that had been floated (probably meaninglessly, seeing as how Tocchet was apparently the guy and never even got an interview).

"Did someone say gambling?" - Rick Tocchet, probably

All he has to do is point pretty much anywhere in that building 

Just thinking there didn't seem to be a lot of respect for Bylsma and I wonder how Housley starts his tenure in Buffalo.  I mean I love Jack's attitude but I am curious to see how Housley will respond or even Eichel. 

Would have preferred Tocchet I think. Housley is a gamble, first time HC. But he seems better than some of the other candidates that had been floated (probably meaninglessly, seeing as how Tocchet was apparently the guy and never even got an interview).

I'm happy to see JBot not just pipeline Penguins to Buffalo....unless it's Sid or Malkin, of course.

Wow, that Ruutu-Housely goal at 1:10 in the video. Holy cow.

HCWH (head coach wowie housely), of course.

I'm not sure.

Didn't we start with the additional letters in order to disambiguate people from one another? I seem to recall some issue with TB being confusing -- Ted Black or ... who was it? Not sure.

And then GMTM was just natural.

Seems like, with Housley, it can just be PH. Nah?

Yup, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with:

McCabe - Ristolainen

Antipin - Bogosian

Gorges - Falk

I can't imagine that will be the starting 6 D.  I could see Guhle and/or Nelson in the lineup; young faster offensive D.

My premise is based on how most Sabres Fan disliked Phil due to his finesse style. They wanted Schoney or some defenseman that would rip your face off.

This. I was in that camp. He even got his number. I was incensed. But you couldn't deny his talent. But that was a rough patch for the Sabres.

I really thankful I don't have some weird hate for Housley because he wasn't tough enough. Advantage of not being old enough during his time here. 

No axe to grind. If you lived through his playing career here, it was a pretty big let down. If they made the playoffs they lost right away. I always wished he played offense and that we did have a tougher defense. But playing careers and coaching are two different thing. #betterthanbylsma

From Friedman

Note on coaching searches: hearing WASH didnt allow interviews w/Todd Reirden. Word is he was promoted last year, they wanted to keep him.

Kinda a dick move by them but I get it. I imagine they told him if Trotz fails this year he'll be the next head coach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.