Housley Named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

well that's good news..I was worried we'd all be happy with the new GM and coach we wanted but nope...here we the first negative before Howie is even named as the new coach! I personally think GMJBotto & Howie are good additions!  What's next?

Here's a negative view from a Preds fan, taken from hfboards:

I wish him the best, I think he's a great guy and he'll definitely help the D-men. I think he'll be a pretty poor head coach though. The two facets of the Preds that he was most involved in other than working with the defenseman (power play and OT) were the two worst aspects of the Preds and he never seemed to be able to adjust at all.

We will see.  I've been excited before and wrong.  Lack of professional HC experience worries me a little.  What he did with an, albeit talented, D in Nashville has me giddy in terms of what he can do with Risto and McCabe.

Can I be the first jump into the Bogo predictions?  I'm betting his career is turned around by this move and next season we're convinced we have a legit top 4 dman again.  Bogo seems to fit the Nashville mold much more than under Disco.

I wish him the best, I think he's a great guy and he'll definitely help the D-men. I think he'll be a pretty poor head coach though. The two facets of the Preds that he was most involved in other than working with the defenseman (power play and OT) were the two worst aspects of the Preds and he never seemed to be able to adjust at all.

Oh lord no.  These are the types of rumblings we heard from Pens fans before DD.

We will see.  I've been excited before and wrong.  Lack of professional HC experience worries me a little.  What he did with an, albeit talented, D in Nashville has me giddy in terms of what he can do with Risto and McCabe.

Can I be the first jump into the Bogo predictions?  I'm betting his career is turned around by this move and next season we're convinced we have a legit top 4 dman again.  Bogo seems to fit the Nashville mold much more than under Disco.

Oh lord no.  These are the types of rumblings we heard from Pens fans before DD.

FWIW, I wouldn't pick the Predators' roster to be anywhere near the best at 3v3 OT and 5v4 power play situations. 

well that's good news..I was worried we'd all be happy with the new GM and coach we wanted but nope...here we the first negative before Howie is even named as the new coach! I personally think GMJBotto & Howie are good additions! What's next?

I wasn't that negative. I just don't have the data to know if Botterill and Housley are the right fit. It's all to be seen. I won't jump for joy because Phil Housley is coming to coach the Sabres.

Cool, now prove you're a good coach.

This, pretty much.

Edited by Thorny

I wasn't that negative. I just don't have the data to know if Botterill and Housley are the right fit. It's all to be seen. I won't jump for joy because Phil Housley is coming to coach the Sabres.

This, pretty much.

I am happy because I think he could be good, but until he proves he is better than Barftastic Bylsma, I will reserve judgement. 

One thing obvious with injuries the preds forwards were exposed, not enough scoring talent...

I would argue Buffalo has more forward talent than Nashville, it hasn't been used probably and isn't mature yet. 

Wowie Housley!

I find it a bit interesting that TP went for the up-and-coming-assistant type for both GM slots and both coach slots this summer, after the two established-successful-albeit-with-questions coaches he hired both bombed. 

I will join the group predicting a Bogo renaissance.

Go Sabres.

Wowie Housley!

I find it a bit interesting that TP went for the up-and-coming-assistant type for both GM slots and both coach slots this summer, after the two established-successful-albeit-with-questions coaches he hired both bombed. 

I will join the group predicting a Bogo renaissance.

Go Sabres.

I just hope the bolded isn't their only plan for a meaningful "addition" to our blue line.

Good thing he will have assistants to run those.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.