Jason Botterill: Hired as New Sabres GM

LGR4GM

EVERY FREAKING TIME HE SAYS "Lake Canandaigua" I want to SLAP HIM IN THE FACE. It is Canadaigua Lake and Seneca Lake and Keuka Lake. Great lakes are Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Get it freaking right.

Why is he talking about Canandaigua Lake?

I don't know about you, but I'm going to miss Tim Murray. He was pretty damn colorful.

Sadly he was my favorite thing about Buffalo Sports in a long time

Good article from HockeyBuzz's Pittsburgh Writer

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ryan-Wilson/Pittsburghs-loss-is-Buffalos-gain/177/85140

Also Botterill was on SportsNet Today for an interview, he said he was blown away by the analytics department and sports science department the Sabres have in place.

Which really makes you say WTF was the disconnect? If they have the data to understand player usage, why has it seemed so bad?

I don't think that is the case. Otherwise why would you take a $100K TV job just to forfeit $5MM? I believe TP still owes the contract, minus whatever is made from side jobs.

Yeah - nfw guys would be forfeiting big (big) money to go talk in front of a camera.

Maybe there's offset language, though.

Which really makes you say WTF was the disconnect? If they have the data to understand player usage, why has it seemed so bad?

Having the data and being able to analyze and utilize it correctly are two separate things. The GM and HC need to be on the same page something Murray and Bylsma could never do. Hopefully GM Bots and HC TBA are able to correct that.

Which D is that, and what did he say instead?

I know what he said. And it was pretty refreshing. He's not going to overrate our fresh meat the way we do. When Risto is a second pair guy, ROR is a two or three center, and there's someone better and more reliable than Lehner, we'll really have something.

I know what he said. And it was pretty refreshing. He's not going to overrate our fresh meat the way we do. When Risto is a second pair guy, ROR is a two or three center, and there's someone better and more reliable than Lehner, we'll really have something.

I'm confused - did he screw up when pronouncing a player's name?

You guys are lucky to have rochester, and looks like JB will be improving them. We (albany and glens falls) just lost our AHL teams it stinks. All we have left is ECHL and RPI and Union.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

My alma mater.

Small world! I was born and raised in Troy. My Uncle Denny graduated from RPI, went on to work for NEC for a number of years. His son, my cousin worked for Apple for a long time and now teaches at Emerson College.

My alma mater is also in Troy; Hudson Valley Community College, aka Harvard on the Hudson lol.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

EVERY FREAKING TIME HE SAYS "Lake Canandaigua" I want to SLAP HIM IN THE FACE. It is Canadaigua Lake and Seneca Lake and Keuka Lake. Great lakes are Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Get it freaking right. 

Are we still talking about bands in here or have we entirely moved on to lakes?

Having the data and being able to analyze and utilize it correctly are two separate things. The GM and HC need to be on the same page something Murray and Bylsma could never do. Hopefully GM Bots and HC TBA are able to correct that.

Same comment was made by the New bills gm about their departments. Said they didn't have anything like it in Carolina.

So pegulas are putting money into the right things but aren't being used right.

Same comment was made by the New bills gm about their departments. Said they didn't have anything like it in Carolina.

So pegulas are putting money into the right things but aren't being used right.

Or they simply haven't been in place long enough for the results to be translated in victories yet. (Or a combo.)

Small world! I was born and raised in Troy. My Uncle Denny graduated from RPI, went on to work for NEC for a number of years. His son, my cousin worked for Apple for a long time and now teaches at Emerson College.

My alma mater is also in Troy; Hudson Valley Community College, aka Harvard on the Hudson lol.

My wife is from Brunswick, just east of Troy.  Her grandmother's house is actually on Saratoga battlefield- you have to drive on the national park land to get to it.

So speaking of Sam Reinhart, he had 23 primary assists last year and lead the team in that category. Now he was dishing to jack so that makes some sense but he still had to get him the puck and he did that consistently. Just some thoughts on a monday. 

So speaking of Sam Reinhart, he had 23 primary assists last year and lead the team in that category. Now he was dishing to jack so that makes some sense but he still had to get him the puck and he did that consistently. Just some thoughts on a monday. 

Here's how slow it is at this time of the year.  My first thought while reading that was that we need to convince Reinhart to wear a higher number.

I have no doubt that new GMJBotto looked at our lineup and thought there's way more talent then we saw last year. The key is to get each player to play to their strengths. Last year, just about everyone underacheived while just about everyone on, say the leafs, overacheived (or met their expectations). I really do think that we have far more talent on this lineup and that many of these guys just need the proper coaching and motivation. Zegmus is a good example of someone who  has far more talent then we've seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.