• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

This thread has taken a wild turn i don't think anyone expected. Welcome Torosays and keep on telling us info.

Bills always have a insider on what seems every forum. I always wondered why no Sabres board ever has had any insiders?

Too hard to tell if we're being trolled without any evidence of him knowing what he's talking about though.

No offense Toro, but as soon as sources are "a friend of mine who works at a place" I tune out. Primary sources only! If you said you saw something maybe I'd listen, because then I can ask follow up questions.  Otherwise a "friend" becomes a "friend of a friend", which becomes urban legend, just like that person your mom's friend knows who accidentally brought home the giant rat from vacation thinking it was a dog.

No offense Toro, but as soon as sources are "a friend of mine who works at a place" I tune out. Primary sources only! If you said you saw something maybe I'd listen, because then I can ask follow up questions.  Otherwise a "friend" becomes a "friend of a friend", which becomes urban legend, just like that person your mom's friend knows who accidentally brought home the giant rat from vacation thinking it was a dog.

Im skeptical too, but i'm at a point right now with the Sabres where i think i would believe anything.

... is this how the Bills drought felt after 6 years?

Edited by Briere48

Look guys you dont have to believe me. That's fine. I always have Monday night raw. Do your research its that simple. I am sure its not hard to find out the tail number of Pegulas plane and where it has been. I live near the airport and Prior. As for the rest of the stuff google it. Google the reasons Lombardi was fired. I just listened to what Pegula said and asked a few friends in the business their thoughts. I am not going to sit here and say this person or that person is the next gm. It will be an experienced GM. This will be done probably by next week. The Draft is Thursday so I am sure that will move to the front burner. Once that is done the search will resume.

So allow me to speculate. Pegula said: Discipline, character, structure and communication. To me and me only. How about Lindy Pres of Hockey ops, Dudley Pres of pro player development Brisebois/ Botterill GM

In Chicago, his work was conducive to the Hawks' first Stanley Cup win in 48 years. He was the Tampa Bay Lightning's general manager and played a significant role in building this team for the 2004 Stanley Cup win. This pretty much speaks for itself. Let him groom one of the other two.

Ok guys let me clear up some false statements and rumors that are just plain ridiculous. 1st. Terry Pegula and Scotty Bowman never met. It's ridiculous that they would meat at the airport of all places. Especially when Scotty lives on the 6th hole at Transit Valley and Terry parks his plain at Prior Aviation not the Airport. 2. The meeting that took place was between Terry and Lindy Ruff at Brookfield C.C. The meeting was gauging if Lindy still wanted to coach or if he would consider a front office job. 3rd stop bringing up Chris Drury he is not even a consideration and at this point with his track record of poor discipline ( Mike Richards) domestic abuse. Etc. either is Dean Lombardi which is why he hasn't been contacted yet. Pegula said experience!! Which leaves us someone like Rick Dudley who laid the building blocks in Tampa and Chicago for championship teams, next in line would be Fitzgerald from N.J. And Then Sean Burke etc.. Fitzgerald and Burke would represent new blood as in outside the organization.

Interesting comments.

Welcome!

Dudley, Botterill, Futa and Fenton were all names brought up during the last search (along with Jim Benning).

Did any of them get close? I seem to remember Dudley saying he wasn't interested.

Also, Lombardi has a rep for being direct, loyal and highly organized - sounds like character and structure to me.

No one touches him for experience and I'm not sure how Richards and Voynovs transgressions reflect on him.

Not advocating for him per se, but not interviewing him seems exceedingly odd to me,

Dudley, Botterill, Futa and Fenton were all names brought up during the last search (along with Jim Benning).

Did any of them get close? I seem to remember Dudley saying he wasn't interested.

Also, Lombardi has a rep for being direct, loyal and highly organized - sounds like character and structure to me.

No one touches him for experience and I'm not sure how Richards and Voynovs transgressions reflect on him.

Not advocating for him per se, but not interviewing him seems exceedingly odd to me,

One would hope negatively.

So allow me to speculate. Pegula said: Discipline, character, structure and communication. To me and me only. How about Lindy Pres of Hockey ops, Dudley Pres of pro player development Brisebois/ Botterill GM

In Chicago, his work was conducive to the Hawks' first Stanley Cup win in 48 years. He was the Tampa Bay Lightning's general manager and played a significant role in building this team for the 2004 Stanley Cup win. This pretty much speaks for itself. Let him groom one of the other two.

People are going to critique.  For me the truth of your words will be realized in the actions of the Sabres.  If you put up a track record of being right then people will accept what you say.  I'll be curious to see how it plays out and thanks for joining.

Those without inside sources don't quite get having to protect some of that information and especially true if there is a business or personal relationship at stake.  People inside any organization need to talk outside the organization once in awhile and it's not always to the media.

Really depends how much of the core scouting staff remains. If enough of them survived the purge, it won't be hard to get a new gm up to speed. Also any gm we bring in is probably already looking at the combine for his current team.

GM, shmee-em, when are they going to replace the head masseuse?

Look guys you dont have to believe me. That's fine. I always have Monday night raw. Do your research its that simple. I am sure its not hard to find out the tail number of Pegulas plane and where it has been. I live near the airport and Prior. As for the rest of the stuff google it. Google the reasons Lombardi was fired. I just listened to what Pegula said and asked a few friends in the business their thoughts. I am not going to sit here and say this person or that person is the next gm. It will be an experienced GM. This will be done probably by next week. The Draft is Thursday so I am sure that will move to the front burner. Once that is done the search will resume.

Ohh, believe me, that is a rabbit hole with which we are well acquainted #VeseyWatch

I'm hesitant because I've seen plenty of "insiders" over my far-too-many years on sports forums. Of all of them, and there have been many, the only one who consistently got stuff right ahead of time was a guy named "Coach C" on the Buffalo Range forum; that turned out to be Sal Cappaccio, who now works for WGR. You start getting stuff right and I'll buy in.