• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Schoenfeld, great player, decent coach, but has he ever been a GM in the NHL? I know he worked for the Rags at some point, but he was never the GM.

Imho there are only 2 candidates; Lombardi if we want experience, Fenton if we want long-term smart management.

I would want both ... Lombardi for PHO and Fenton (or some such) as GM.

The Sabres have hung banners in the foyer of the arena that say Communication, Structure, Character, and Discipline

What a joke.  The Sabres are a joke right now, but I love them still.  Actually, it's all Pegula.

Could have saved money and just hung one that said "buzz words"

:lol:  :flirt:

Harrington has a surprisingly good article on why Lombardi would be a big mistake. His contracts are terrible and his two Cups completely mask the failures of the Kings in every other year

Well, the Sabres have had all the failures, but no cups.  So, ... 

Harrington has a surprisingly good article on why Lombardi would be a big mistake. His contracts are terrible and his two Cups completely mask the failures of the Kings in every other year

Must fight instinct to disagree just because it's Harrington. :P

It is. I'm on mobile, is that photoshopped? If so, my mistake

I don't think you're mistaken. I just think it's going to take more than 2 days to get those banners printed and hung up, especially since it's the weekend. They'll come, though, they'll come.

Edited by kas23

If there is one thing to unite you two he found one.lol.

If Washington wins tonight that's no hockey for three days. Not sure how fast they plan on hiring someone but you know the league would like the announcement to come before playoff hockey starts up again.

The perennial cellar dwellers, Buffalo Sabres hiring a coach would be a distraction from playoff hockey? I'm pretty sure the number of people who care outside of Buffalo and this board is quite small.

If Washington wins tonight that's no hockey for three days. Not sure how fast they plan on hiring someone but you know the league would like the announcement to come before playoff hockey starts up again.

We need to make a decision soon anyways. Expansion and regular draft, plus a new head coach, scouts, and FA decisions. There's not a lot of time as it is, and we're only losing more

Are the Sabres allowed to hire an AGM from a current playoff team at anytime, or do they need to wait until they are eliminated?

Are the Sabres allowed to hire an AGM from a current playoff team at anytime, or do they need to wait until they are eliminated?

Makes me wonder if we actually want someone like Fenton / Housley, but hire a Maciver / Dineen simply because Nashville is in the playoffs for what could be two more weeks, and we can't wait that long

The perennial cellar dwellers, Buffalo Sabres hiring a coach would be a distraction from playoff hockey? I'm pretty sure the number of people who care outside of Buffalo and this board is quite small.

First, I'm talking about the GM.

Second, the league does not like anything taking away from their narrative. It's a yearly thing and the league lets teams know how they feel when news leaks on game days.

First, I'm talking about the GM.

Second, the league does not like anything taking away from their narrative. It's a yearly thing and the league lets teams know how they feel when news leaks on game days.

I knew you were talking about the GM, I'm just a moron and accidentally said coach. Second: Is it a big leak, really? They could do it in the middle of the slowest week/month of the year and NHL network wouldn't even do a full segment on it.

I knew you were talking about the GM, I'm just a moron and accidentally said coach. Second: Is it a big leak, really? They could do it in the middle of the slowest week/month of the year and NHL network wouldn't even do a full segment on it.

Trust me, the league wasn't happy about Gionta talking about the firings on the pre-game show the other day.

Trust me, the league wasn't happy about Gionta talking about the firings on the pre-game show the other day.

Well, we shall see. My money is on the guys from chi town, relatively soon, or the boys from music city in a couple weeks.

How did we jump from page 4 to 9 already :D

I'm not reading back on all of this, I want the right person for this job.   When Murray got picked I was one of the first to jump on the murray bandwagon.

Now I say the right GM is the one that brings me a stanley cup in 3 years.

Well, we shall see. My money is on the guys from chi town, relatively soon, or the boys from music city in a couple weeks.

Problem is , you can't wait weeks, the expansion draft would screw us over.  Unless TP  has confidence in the choices already made by murray.