Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

They need someone to oversee the GM hiring....it's going to take a while until we see this thing through. The Pegulas are clueless so they better not touch this next hire.

That's your cue, Smell. I'm afraid they might double down. They might figure that the last time they hired a president and let him hire a GM, it didn't work out.

What a mess when the best option might be letting Russ find a hockey president, then let the president do his thing, getting sign-off from the Pegulas like a sign-off on a trade.

Edited by PASabreFan

Because I'm a nice guy, sometimes I like to toss a little chum in the water to fuel the Brandon hate: https://twitter.com/TrendingBuffalo/status/855117003685847041

Wish I never read that honestly. And that feeling alone stems from the fact that I can actually believe it, even if that source is garbage

Still shocked by all of this. I was a Murray supporter. With the amount of major firings by Pegula for the Bills and Sabres, what GM w/ a good track record and a true want for the Stanley would accept a job in Buffalo? Don't need to hear "its a job opening." If Pegula would've given Murray at least 1 more year it'd be different. He pulled the trigger too fast on this one.

Pegula, thank you for keeping the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo. Other than that you suck. Be an owner. Don't try to think you know enough about the game to actually play a role in the decision making. Hire people to do that for you. And give them a chance to prove themselves. Right now you have people across the NHL laughing at the "3 ring circus" you've put together in Buffalo.

Second comment with this picture labeled Russ and Pegula:

Grima_and_Th%C3%A9oden.jpg

:lol:

GAndalf for the rescue please. :)

I am shocked about the firing of GMTm, although his comments during his prss conference were somehow giving me a bad feelng.

I lked GMTM very much, he was refreshingly honest and straight forward. Bylsma was the issue,Babcock really screwed us, with him we would have been far better.

Lets hope the next GM is a pro and understands the business.

Outstanding.

Still shocked by all of this. I was a Murray supporter. With the amount of major firings by Pegula for the Bills and Sabres, what GM w/ a good track record and a true want for the Stanley would accept a job in Buffalo? Don't need to hear "its a job opening." If Pegula would've given Murray at least 1 more year it'd be different. He pulled the trigger too fast on this one.

Pegula, thank you for keeping the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo. Other than that you suck. Be an owner. Don't try to think you know enough about the game to actually play a role in the decision making. Hire people to do that for you. And give them a chance to prove themselves. Right now you have people across the NHL laughing at the "3 ring circus" you've put together in Buffalo.

As I posted upthread, Elliotte Friedman, who knows a lot more about this than anyone here, said today that people will be lining up for the GM job.

Contrary to the masses, I think Murray deserved to be fired. What exactly has he achieved? The Sabres were the 5th worst team in the NHL this year. They were getting worse, not better. Horrible! He even made Rochester a worse team. 

Murray hired Dan Bylsma. Horrible!  I honestly think Murray got the worst end of most of the trades he made. He came into the organization with a pile of assets (draft picks) and he dealt them away freely with little to show for it. The organizational depth wasn't very good under Murray. His results were not good enough period.  

The team needs a new direction. The coach/GM combination wasn't working.  I think Murray was very unpopular with the players and staff. He has a harsh and sour disposition most of the time and I'm guessing people didn't like to work for him.

It's history now. Time to move on.

Oh man, Schopp is going on and on and on about how he doesn't think Murray should have been fired and his main point is because he was a good interview.

HUGE mancrush going on right now......

Edited by Derrico

Alternate theory time:

Pegula to Murray: "It says Jack isn't going to sign with us if Bylsma is around."

Murray: "Who cares, I can get rid of Dan but I need to move Jack.  He's ripping the locker room apart. He's not a team player. He's only concerned with himself.  He'll kill any coach we bring in."

Pegula: "Whoa TImmy.  We can't get rid of Jack.  The fans will revolt."

Murray: "Well, if I'm GM, I'm moving him."

Pegula: "I guess we can fix that."

ANyway.... ramble on.

Oh man, Schopp is going on and on and on about how he doesn't think Murray should have been fired and his main point is because he was a good interview.

Schopp's been pretty up front in the past that he roots for the story that will make his job easier. This is unsurprising.

He's also said he believed Murray had a plan on how to improve the team this offseason and wanted to see him follow through.  Will a new GM be willing to trade players like Reinhart or Kane or 1st round pick to acquire a quality Dman, or will they be cautious and delay the rebuild for another year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.