2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

So no qualifying offer means Austin, Kea and Dupuy are no longer Sabres.

More signs of the drive to improve the Amerks and the type of players JBot is not interested in.

We're not going to have any meltdowns losing any of those three right?

We're not going to have any meltdowns losing any of those three right?

I sure hope not cuz they suuuuuuuuuck

I would bet it was a short conversation.

"We'd like to give you $50 mill and keys to our daughter's apartment"

"Which daughter?"

Edited by inkman

In a vacuum I'd still be fine with giving Gionta a 1-yr deal, expecting basically what we saw last season. But the fact that he has the C, and is a part of last year's older leadership, I'd rather keep him away and go forward with the young guns stepping into those leadership roles, a completely new organizational look with the new staffs and everything. 

I could see us getting Shattenkirk for some reason.

McCabe - Ristolainen

Beaulieu - Shattenkirk

Antipin - Bogosian

That would be a solid defence. Sign me up.

Way to much cost in that, as well as the fact he's a one trick pony.  I would rather take a look at a more reasonable case.  

Way to much cost in that, as well as the fact he's a one trick pony. I would rather take a look at a more reasonable case.

That would depend how much Shattenkirk gets. And also our ability to move on from Moulson/Ennis. And how much Beaulieu gets. McCabe and Antipin aren't making a ton. I don't see a problem with paying for another Defenceman. We have cap space.

Don't think there's too much cost in that at all.

Everyone says we can't afford to pay Kane, or acquire a Defenceman, or add forward depth for the same reason, quoting some combination of those things, as well as Eichel and Reinhart coming off their ELCs. We can't do ALL of those things, but there's room for something. We have the cap space to maneuver, and we don't lose that simply by extending Jack and Sam in a year.

Edited by Thorny

That would depend how much Shattenkirk gets. And also our ability to move on from Moulson/Ennis. And how much Beaulieu gets. McCabe and Antipin aren't making a ton. I don't see a problem with paying for another Defenceman. We have cap space.

Everyone says we can't afford to pay Kane, or acquire a Defenceman, or add forward depth for the same reason, quoting some combination of those things, as well as Eichel and Reinhart coming off their ELCs. We can't do ALL of those things, but there's room for something. We have the cap space to maneuver, and we don't lose that simply by extending Jack and Sam in a year.

He'll get north of 7. I would almost bet he'd become our highest paid player over O'Reilly. 

I don't think it's impossible, I just think with extensions coming up especially for Eichel, we're going to need to alocate other areas. 

He'll get north of 7. I would almost bet he'd become our highest paid player over O'Reilly. 

I don't think it's impossible, I just think with extensions coming up especially for Eichel, we're going to need to alocate other areas.

Fair enough, but it might be high time to invest some $ on the back-end, or we could be looking at a 7th straight year with no playoffs.

Man, if you could get Yakupov on a 1 or even 2 year no-risk deal that's totally worth the roll of the dice.

Yep.

Kid still has wheels. Could be a solid speedster on th RW, but I caught a couple of games he played this last hitch, he's still breaks up ice fast but in doing so left no puck support on the backside. Risky.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.