2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

Patrick Marleau to Toronto.....

Get this: 3 yrs, 6.25 as, full NMC

Wow. I've seen quite a bit of Sharks games this past season. He's seriously declining

The Leads moving JVR for D and going for it now?

Yeah he's in serious decline, hasn't missed a game in 8 straight seasons, had  2 more goals than the year before and will be playing with eager to win younger players.

Lets sign Kovalchuck and be lethal.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

Yeah he's in serious decline, hasn't missed a game in 8 straight seasons, had 2 more goals than the year before and will be playing with eager to win younger players.

Lets sign Kovalchuck and be lethal.

He's also going to be 38 before the season starts.....

6.25 per is a lot of moolas when they realize there's no way he can keep up to and therefore play with their young guns.

Edited by Derrico

Meh leafs have two contracts they can put on LTIR, saves them 10 mill.

LTIR doesn't count in the offseason. They still have to get under the cap before the season starts (without including LTIR savings).

Arizona, then we can send them back Moulson and a 2nd round pick so they hit the cap floor.

edit- Are we allowed to straight up send them cash?  I don't want to retain salary on the cap, I'll just give them money rather than the 2nd rounder.  Moulson and 5 million bucks for JvR.

I don't think cash can be moved in deals any more, only salary/cap retention. We'd have to sweeten the pot a whole lot more than a 2nd rounder to get JVR for Moulson. Moulson is less than a million in cap hit over JVR but he's only half as productive.

After all the moves they made this offseason it seems like the Coyotes are going to make a push to be competitive which means we'll have to find a new team to speculate about dumping bad contracts on. Carolina and Jersey are the only ones I think have that possibility right now but once the season starts there's always a chance that teams that become a dumpster fire (maybe Colorado or Vancouver) are willing to play ball.

Marleau contact is 6 each year

It's 8. Something 6. Something 4 . Something

The biggest hit is this year and the Leafs can pay it

Still a great deal of money for a 38 year old player

Winner of two Olympic Gold medals high character

The price of character apparently high

Who is to argue with Lou though . He might know a thing or two

Marleau contact is 6 each year

It's 8. Something 6. Something 4 . Something

The biggest hit is this year and the Leafs can pay it

Still a great deal of money for a 38 year old player

Winner of two Olympic Gold medals high character

The price of character apparently high

Who is to argue with Lou though . He might know a thing or two

If some of that youthful enthusiasm rubs off on him look out.

Colorado signs Yakupov. To fill the incredibly frustrating hole left by Grigerenko, evidently.

Evidently, Sakic's favorite drink is a "Failed White Russian".  That's 2 shots of vodka in a glass (plenty of ice) that is immediately poured down the sink.

Edited by Tondas

Jussi Jokinen, Lauri Korpikosky, and Viktor Stalberg are 3 UFA LWs that would be available for cheap, that I think would be able to help shore up our left side depth. Speed is a common attribute amoung these three. Any interest?

These 3 are in addition to the heavily discussed Vanek.

Jussi Jokinen, Lauri Korpikosky, and Viktor Stalberg are 3 UFA LWs that would be available for cheap, that I think would be able to help shore up our left side depth. Speed is a common attribute amoung these three. Any interest?

These 3 are in addition to the heavily discussed Vanek.

I like Jokinen on a one year 1 million contract. Could be third line LW and play PK and PP. I also remember him being good at shoot outs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.