2017 Free Agent Frenzy

WildCard

I think GMJB should give serious considerations to UFA's- Bonino 3rd line center, Oshie 2nd line RW,  Brett Connolly 3rd line RW, Kris Versteeg 3rd line LW. 

On defense look at Shattenkirk or Del Zotto for top four and Quincy for bottom pair.

Moulsson bought out or hopefully Vegas would pick him up.

Lineup

Kane- ROR- Reinhart

Okposo, Eichel, Oshie

Versteeg, Bonino, Connolly

Foligno, Larsson, (Baptiste or Bailey)

Carrier and Deslauriers extra

Defense

McCabe, Shattenkirk

DelZotto, Ristolainin

Guhle, Bogo

Goalie-

Lehner

Ullmark

I think GMJB should give serious considerations to UFA's- Bonino 3rd line center, Oshie 2nd line RW, Brett Connolly 3rd line RW, Kris Versteeg 3rd line LW.

On defense look at Shattenkirk or Del Zotto for top four and Quincy for bottom pair.

Lineup

Kane- ROR- Reinhart

Okposo, Eichel, Oshie

Defense

McCabe, Shattenkirk

DelZotto, Ristolainin

Guhle, Bogo

Goalie-

Lehner

Ullmark

I have no idea if any of this is possible. But, do this. Sure, why not?

I think GMJB should give serious considerations to UFA's- Bonino 3rd line center, Oshie 2nd line RW, Brett Connolly 3rd line RW, Kris Versteeg 3rd line LW.

Lineup

Kane- ROR- Reinhart

Okposo, Eichel, Oshie

Defense

McCabe, Shattenkirk

DelZotto, Ristolainin

Guhle, Bogo

Goalie-

Lehner

Ullmark

Okposo isn't a lw. What happened to Fasching, Ennis, or Carrier on the left side? Where's zemgus? Gorges?

How are you affording that team not this year but going into the future? Looks like you would overpay to bring in everyone and that's a problem.

You don't need Versteeg or oshie. I like the defense but don't think we could afford all of that. I think Shattenkirk will want a good chunk and isn't worth what that will be.

Why Connolly when I can plug in Bailey Baptiste or Nylander for less?

I like the aggressive idea but expand on your thought process.

Edited by LGR4GM

let gionta walk, sign Matt Cullen

He's 40....

I think they offer Gionta a position in the front office. Thats my guess.

A guy i'd like them to sign is Jay Beagle. Very good defensive center and has been usually on a winning team most of his career. I think adding a bottom 6 guy who can be a shutdown guy, throw his body a bit and has experience in the playoffs/big games would be a nice get for this team.

I think GMJB should give serious considerations to UFA's- Bonino 3rd line center, Oshie 2nd line RW,  Brett Connolly 3rd line RW, Kris Versteeg 3rd line LW. 

Lineup

Kane- ROR- Reinhart

Okposo, Eichel, Oshie

Defense

McCabe, Shattenkirk

DelZotto, Ristolainin

Guhle, Bogo

Goalie-

Lehner

Ullmark

I'd rather bring up and develop our young players rather than over pay for 15 goal scorers.... Waiting in the wings is D Brendan Guhle, LW Alexander Nylander, RW Justin Bailey, C Rasmus Asplund, RW Nicholas Baptiste, RW Hudson Fasching, RW Cliff PU, LW Evan Rodriguez, D Brady Austin, D Brycen Martin, D Devante Stephens... Some of those guys should transition into good hockey players right?

Yes it would be a stretch to land all these UFA's but one or two forwards and one of the dman would be a definite upgrade.  This team still needs a shake up.  

To me still too many of the same type of players on third and fourth lines.  Larsson, Foligno, Girgensons, ERod, are going to give you 5-10 goals a season.

I liked Ennis but he is not the same player he was before concussions.

Team needs more depth at D. Faulk and Gorges should be 7-8 defenseman who only play when injuries happen, thus leaving younger players to develop in Rochester instead of being pushed too soon into the NHL.

Calle Rosén, D

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37021

This is a guy Sabres should take a look at, Toronto and Calgary already are.

He is undrafted, good speed and puck handling.

He will most likely be playing for Sweden in World Championships.

Rosen and Borgman signed with the leafs already.

• 1 month later...

"We're still addressing a lot of different positions in our organization," [botterill] said. "We want to bring more depth obviously, and whether that's through free agency or through trades we'll continue to look at different things. I think it's just in general, free agency in the last five, six years, it's become more difficult to find high-end players. Teams are signing their players younger and players aren't getting to free agency.

"I don't think there's as much of that sort of a "big bang" [free agent] on July 1, but you can find some good value and good depth."

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/jason-botterill-nhl-draft-sabres-free-agency/c-290142696

Anyone you're interested in at first blush? I think Bonino is going to cash in somewhere as will Shattenkirk and Alzner. How do we feel about Brett Connolly? Dylan McIlrath? Del Zotto? do we try to bring back Kulikov? How about Jordan Weal? Radulov on a 1 year deal?

I am really interested in Mcllrath, but I think that is bc I really liked him in his draft year and the same goes for Connolly. Maybe they will turn into what they were supposed to. Shattenkirk would be awesome but I think he goes to the rangers

Anyone you're interested in at first blush? I think Bonino is going to cash in somewhere as will Shattenkirk and Alzner. How do we feel about Brett Connolly? Dylan McIlrath? Del Zotto? do we try to bring back Kulikov? How about Jordan Weal? Radulov on a 1 year deal?

Shattenkirk will demand so much money, Kulikov hated it hear, no Alzner for me, would definitely take Delivery Zotto, and Radulov wants term which I would never give him

Is he worse than Chad Ruhwedel who also will have his name on the SC more than Gilbert Perreault does?

haha

I meant, if you have the right system and know how to match his weaknesses up with someone who can cover for him, it can work really well. Im assuming Housley and Botterill could figure out a way to use all of MDZ's strengths and still not get burned by his flaws. Schultz played over 20 minutes a game for the Pens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.