I dont know how to describe this other than ..

MODO Hockey

THIS WAS AWESOME!   :worthy:  :worthy: 

I cannot even describe the feeling inside my viking body right now.

This week has been a hell of a week, seeing Buffalo, trying real american food, your beers and  watching ur teams, live.
Everything has exceeded what i even had in mind.

Friday was amazing with the Amerks- meetup. The food was insane, i was blown away how good it was.
Metting up with the guys was above awesome and we had such a great night, we were down 1-3, turned it around and won 4-3 in OT.

After the game we went down to meet up with Linus Ullmark and he took care of us all like a champ, took us into the locker room, we got our pictures taken and it was actually good to speak some swedish for once  ;) 

I invited Ullmark to my house this summer and he accepted so i will for sure update you guys with this meetup at my lakehouse.

After this we all went back to dinos, a local band was playing such great music and we just enjoyed the rest of the night laughing, drinking beers and just smiling.

Tonight was the night, Saturday.

This was the night we all planned for so long, and boy oh boy...

Oh my freggin god, everyone showed up at Gabriels gate, what a god dmn blast. Great food, getting to shake ur hands and look into your eyes and finally be able to put a face on your nicknames, wow.

We just had the best wings, and now i can pound my chest and say i finally got to eat real Buffalo Wings!  :flirt:

Then we were off to the game, this years THE GAME.

And what can i say .. we all had our best sabre night ever. It felt so good, seeing the arena, seeing all of your happy faces, cheering the goals with you all, highfiving, drinking beer, the meetups between the periods, so incredibly fun.

After the game we got to go to ur sportsbar for a couple, so sorry i could not stay for that long, i really wanted to but i only have one day left here in Buffalo and that day is saved for a travel to Niagara falls, i just have to see it.

I will make a video with all my pics and vids, it will take some time so hve faith, it will arrive here.

So,

From the bottom of my heart,

Thank you guys, i dont need to mention names, you all know by now.
Thank you for everything you have done for me.

I will depart from Buffalo on monday with a big smile on my face, memories for life, and above all new friendships.

Much love,

"MODO"

THIS WAS AWESOME!   :worthy:  :worthy: I cannot even describe the feeling inside my viking body right now.

This week has been a hell of a week, seeing Buffalo, trying real american food, your beers and  watching ur teams, live.

Everything has exceeded what i even had in mind.

Friday was amazing with the Amerks- meetup. The food was insane, i was blown away how good it was.

Metting up with the guys was above awesome and we had such a great night, we were down 1-3, turned it around and won 4-3 in OT.

After the game we went down to meet up with Linus Ullmark and he took care of us all like a champ, took us into the locker room, we got our pictures taken and it was actually good to speak some swedish for once  ;) 

I invited Ullmark to my house this summer and he accepted so i will for sure update you guys with this meetup at my lakehouse.

After this we all went back to dinos, a local band was playing such great music and we just enjoyed the rest of the night laughing, drinking beers and just smiling.Tonight was the night, Saturday.

This was the night we all planned for so long, and boy oh boy...

Oh my freggin god, everyone showed up at Gabriels gate, what a god dmn blast. Great food, getting to shake ur hands and look into your eyes and finally be able to put a face on your nicknames, wow.

We just had the best wings, and now i can pound my chest and say i finally got to eat real Buffalo Wings!  :flirt: Then we were off to the game, this years THE GAME.

And what can i say .. we all had our best sabre night ever. It felt so good, seeing the arena, seeing all of your happy faces, cheering the goals with you all, highfiving, drinking beer, the meetups between the periods, so incredibly fun.

After the game we got to go to ur sportsbar for a couple, so sorry i could not stay for that long, i really wanted to but i only have one day left here in Buffalo and that day is saved for a travel to Niagara falls, i just have to see it.

I will make a video with all my pics and vids, it will take some time so hve faith, it will arrive here.So,

From the bottom of my heart,

Thank you guys, i dont need to mention names, you all know by now.

Thank you for everything you have done for me.

I will depart from Buffalo on monday with a big smile on my face, memories for life, and above all new friendships.

Much love,

"MODO"

So sad you had the bus issue last night. Should've had uou set up. Sorry.

So glad I could shake ur hand buddy. This forum is more than just a collection of sabres fans. It really does feel like family.

How the frig did I miss you? :angry:

Skål!

What a night! Thank you very, very, very much to WildCard and Tom Webster for arranging this. My first Sabres game. I meet a large group of the total strangers that I've been talking to for the better part of the last 7 years. I went back to Buffalo for the first time in a decade. We smoked the leafs! Jack scored 2 right in front of us! Boyes, it was awesome hanging out with you all game! MODO, it was so great that you came all the way here from Sweden!! I'm so glad I got to hang out with you guys and gals. Tonight was awesome!

The path that is life offers and arranges events, chronologies, and attendant anticipation. The magnitude varies with personal circumstances.

I looked forward to last night greatly with my kids, my team, and my unknown friends all coming together. It was to be a big night. The night lived up to its billing.

Events become memories in the blink of an eye. Last night is and will remain a fine, fine, memory. I had a blast.

Many of you have most of your lives in the windshield. Most of mine is in the rear view mirror. I think rear views are especially poignant. They're informed. I know last night was special. Some of the younger will learn that over time.

MODO, I'm speechless. Your trip is a gift to us all.

It was wonderful to see you all for the first time.

Here's to the first ANNUAL SabreSpace meetup. Grateful to the arrangers.

Ah, SabreSpace!

I'm so very hungover today :bag: Sitting on the couch drinking ginger ale and burping like I've never burped before. Anyway...

I have to echo Neo's sentiment, MODO your coming here was a great catalyst to bring so many members of this forum together. I think with how bad this season has been that this thing might easily have fallen apart. But we rallied around you and we're all better for it.

Last night was simply outstanding. A group of almost total strangers coming together and it felt like we were actually just old friends. Amazing how that can happen.

The game itself, how could it have been any better? Tons of Leafs fans cheering for their guys, Sabres fans cheering right back. And the goals! Eichel and O'Reilly were monsters. Kane was on his game. Somehow our defense played okay?

I feel rejuvenated as a fan.

I'm so very hungover today :bag: Sitting on the couch drinking ginger ale and burping like I've never burped before. Anyway...

I have to echo Neo's sentiment, MODO your coming here was a great catalyst to bring so many members of this forum together. I think with how bad this season has been that this thing might easily have fallen apart. But we rallied around you and we're all better for it.

Last night was simply outstanding. A group of almost total strangers coming together and it felt like we were actually just old friends. Amazing how that can happen.

The game itself, how could it have been any better? Tons of Leafs fans cheering for their guys, Sabres fans cheering right back. And the goals! Eichel and O'Reilly were monsters. Kane was on his game. Somehow our defense played okay?

I feel rejuvenated as a fan.

OK, now I'm jealous. I will make it a point to be there next year.

I'm glad both teams put on a good show for you. Friday was crazy enough, so I can't imagine what last night was like. I can't wait to see your video!

It was nice to put some faces to the personalities. This weekend's events show just how strong this little internet community is.

Edited by sodbuster

Well, it's almost 5 and I just about have my voice fully back. Yelling at Leafs fans is hard work.

Best part of the night was when Flagg and I were chanting "Eichel's better" two little kids behind us, decked out head to toe in Leafs gear, joined in.

I woke up this morning with my throat on fire, and my stomach sank because it was how I felt when I got strep throat a decade ago. I figured I must have picked something up at the airport. And then I remembered how much shouting I did, as a person who rarely sees anyone to speak to until 6pm every night, and relief washed over me. 

So sad you had the bus issue last night. Should've had uou set up. Sorry.

How the frig did I miss you? :angry:

I was stuck up in the 300s with a bunch of family so I could only make it down for the second intermission. We will have to do this again tho, had a great time!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.