Update: Sabres sign D Man Viktor Antipin to 1yr ELC

Brawndo

If he signs here he is in the lineup.  You are not talking about an undrafted college senior he has been playing pro hockey for a few years.  The scouting has been done and he is being wooed here with a guarantee of an NHL spot. 

Ah.  I only knew them as players; I didn't realize they served in front office positions. 

That was from the time when I was in "hockey exile" and saw virtually nothing about the Sabres.  I graduated college in 1984 and moved to Los Angeles.  The Kings didn't interest me.  Then we moved to Fort Worth (before the Dallas Stars were in town) in '87.  So basically from 1984 to 1991 I saw nothing whatsoever that was hockey related.  We didn't have cable and this was in the pre-internet days. 

In '91 we moved to Detroit and we started following the Red Wings.  We moved back to Fort Worth in '97 I didn't get pulled back into the Sabres orbit until 1999 when the Sabres played the Stars in the Cup Finals.  So there's about a 15 year hole in my Sabres history.

I like how everybody has penciled him into the top 4 without even seeing him play.

It's a roll of the dice folks, don't even bank on him making the team out of camp.

Maybe it's because all he has to do to at this point to accomplish that is out perform Josh Gorges and Justin Falk. He doesn't need to be a world beater to be our second best left handed defenseman. That's the state of our defense right now. Edited by Drunkard

More from Alvis Kalinins

Source tells me that #Sabres and Antipin could sign sooner than expected. No longer timetable of ''After World Championships''.

Appears there are more teams willing to jump in on Antipin, and #Sabres want to lock him down ASAP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.