OT Andrew Peters Involved in Incident

Brawndo

Former Buffalo Sabre and current co host of The Instigators was involved in an incident where he appears to punch a player from the opposing team.

https://twitter.com/shannshep4/status/835700665565462528

He has to be done as a coach for the Junior Sabres.

Is he done on the Instigators as well?

Edited by BRAWNDO

Looked a lot like an open hand push to the chest, not that he should be getting physical w 15 year olds, however this one in particular seemed to be trying to go into his teams bench.

I'm guessing a suspension as coach and a public apology on the radio show.

Edited by Lanny

Hey Oh!

I've typed it here before: Peters is, at best, a Delta Bravo, and, at worst, a POS.

He's pretty close to the latter. Knew a few people who went to the roast of Biron, and Peters was obnoxious, bordering on belligerent, to the point where he significantly reduced their enjoyment of the event. Yelling out whole others were roasting, near constant barrage of F-bombs when it was his turn. Just bad all around.

Btw, I do sorta wonder whether Peters' (mis)conduct will prompt WGR to reflect on the name of that show (assuming Peters continues in his role there). There's a part of the world of hockey that wants to continue to wink and nod at the game's Neanderthal past.

I was talking to my wife about this story this morning...and she said the same thing about the name of the WGR show. 

She isn't really a hockey fan, only watches a few minutes a year of games and goes to one with me every few years....but she wanted to know why they chose that name for the show for the reason you mentioned.

He's pretty close to the latter. Knew a few people who went to the roast of Biron, and Peters was obnoxious, bordering on belligerent, to the point where he significantly reduced their enjoyment of the event. Yelling out whole others were roasting, near constant barrage of F-bombs when it was his turn. Just bad all around.

Ugh.

It's purely charity that leads me to allow for the d.b. characterization. I have had a few personal experiences with/near him, and I am firmly in the POS camp.

I have listened to his show a few times. He's actually somewhat serviceable in that role of hockey talker.

Why not just say douchebag

A weird hang-up of mine. Not sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.