Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I wanna stay as far away form Chad Kelly as humanly possible

Don't know, the knee injury is the only thing that would make me pick him very late.    

I mean this QB class seems pretty weak, if you got a chad kelly , not invited to camp by league, sever attitude problems, but still many writers say he has the best arm and vision of this years QB's class.   Someone will take a shot with him, despite all the issues.   I'd be surprised if he makes it past the 4th round.

Edited by Huckleberry

It does seem like Kelly will be had for value in this draft. Pundit-types seem to be largely in agreement that his "tool kit" is among the best, if not the best, of QBs in this draft (which isn't saying all that much, of course).

It also seems like, feels like every kind of wrong for the Bills to take him.

It does seem like Kelly will be had for value in this draft. Pundit-types seem to be largely in agreement that his "tool kit" is among the best, if not the best, of QBs in this draft (which isn't saying all that much, of course).

It also seems like, feels like every kind of wrong for the Bills to take him.

There are numerous reasons not to take him but I hope they don't completely eliminate from their board because of them. Imagine he goes to New England and five years from now we have to watch Jim Kelly supporting his nephew while wearing Patriot gear.

There are numerous reasons not to take him but I hope they don't completely eliminate from their board because of them. Imagine he goes to New England and five years from now we have to watch Jim Kelly supporting his nephew while wearing Patriot gear.

Agreed.

I think there's a small chance the Bills take him. I think there's an even smaller chance that he becomes a starter in the NFL.

Agreed.

I think there's a small chance the Bills take him. I think there's an even smaller chance that he becomes a starter in the NFL.

Doesn't look good for the rest of the QB's in this draft then, every article I read about him says he has the best arm in this draft year.

Per Jason LaCanfora, yes that one,

There maybe a front office shakeup after the draft. McDermott has become close with the Pegulas and he maybe bringing in people he is familiar with. He also mentioned that Whaley and McDermott are not a long term marriage.

John Wawrow is reporting the Pegulas are not happy with Whaley's performance at the Presser. In addition Whaley is not doing a Pre Draft Luncheon with the Scouts.

This has never happened before.

McDermott will take questions on April 20th.

Could this spell the end of Whaley in Buffalo?

I honestly might not even watch them this year. This is a train wreck

Do it! My Sundays were so lovely last season. You have no idea. I didn't throw one item across the house and I didn't scream "f***ing co**sucker!" one single time

The Pegulas are failing miserably at this... Again. Get control of your org and your info. They were fortunate to get McDermott. Why they continue to run this dog and pony show is anyone's guess. Get it together already.

Do it! My Sundays were so lovely last season. You have no idea. I didn't throw one item across the house and I didn't scream "f***ing co**sucker!" one single time

Me too. It was only suppposed to be a one-year hiatus, but I'm having second thoughts

I am most likely deluding myself, but I kinda like McD, I definitely prefer keeping TT over the other QB options they had, I think they did a great job in reducing TT's cost/cap hit, and, most importantly, I love the idea of marginalizing DW, whom I consider a bozo.

So, although they certainly aren't executing in a smooth and professional manner, I overall am pleased with the significant steps taken this offseason so far.

Let's see what happens at the draft.  They need a good CB and a good #2 WR who presents a big target for TT.

^

Whaley had to know he was on his way out after that God-fearing, state champ wrasslin' workaholic came on the scene.

You complete me, Smell. Sounds like Whaley needs to get himself a Mr. T type gold cross and chain and pay for some sort of red wine of the month club for the Pegulas or he's toast. He should probably decorate his office with some old trophies from his little league team or the time he bowled a 300 game when he was 22 or something. A Ben Carsonesque painting of him and Jesus on a spa day together probably wouldn't hurt either. Pretty much anything other than improving his football knowledge since that's irrelevant and all.

You complete me, Smell. Sounds like Whaley needs to get himself a Mr. T type gold cross and chain and pay for some sort of red wine of the month club for the Pegulas or he's toast. He should probably decorate his office with some old trophies from his little league team or the time he bowled a 300 game when he was 22 or something. A Ben Carsonesque painting of him and Jesus on a spa day together probably wouldn't hurt either. Pretty much anything other than improving his football knowledge since that's irrelevant and all.

Haha - well, what can I say.

I've reconciled myself to the fact that there's some goofy, idiosyncratic stuff coming from the team's principal owner. We can first recall his assessment of Gaustad on or around Pegula Day - he adjudged him to be a leader of men. Based on what? I still don't know. The cut of his jib, I guess.

Whatever. I'm not sure how that sort of stuff gets avoided. It's fairly inevitable, it seems.

My hope is that, while misguided, Pegula doesn't prove to be stubborn and dumb as well.

I am most likely deluding myself, but I kinda like McD, I definitely prefer keeping TT over the other QB options they had, I think they did a great job in reducing TT's cost/cap hit, and, most importantly, I love the idea of marginalizing DW, whom I consider a bozo.

So, although they certainly aren't executing in a smooth and professional manner, I overall am pleased with the significant steps taken this offseason so far.

Let's see what happens at the draft.  They need a good CB and a good #2 WR who presents a big target for TT.

That's sorta where I am as well. It seems like a total train wreck - but maybe the train's somehow going to arrive at the station?

My emotional investment in the Bills allows me to look forward to seeing what good comes of the season. When they stink or lose, I just walk away and really don't allow myself any significant aggravation. I'm a recovered Bills fan, essentially.

Maybe he just needs to make good GM-type decisions, instead of the myriad of poor decisions he's made.

Maybe he just needs to make good GM-type decisions, instead of the myriad of poor decisions he's made.

You could be right. One could argue that he hasn't had the authority to make the most important decisions though. I still think he wanted to hire Hue Jackson as the head coach and he would have kept Schwartz as our DC. If that happens maybe the team is better off than trying to win the press conference by hiring the loud mouth funny guy who managed to turn our top 5 defense into a mediocre one, despite his reputation as a defensive mastermind. We probably wouldn't have Taylor here (whom I like) but at least we would have had an offensive coach (that we sorely need) while keeping the DC we knew was good.

You could be right. One could argue that he hasn't had the authority to make the most important decisions though. I still think he wanted to hire Hue Jackson as the head coach and he would have kept Schwartz as our DC. If that happens maybe the team is better off than trying to win the press conference by hiring the loud mouth funny guy who managed to turn our top 5 defense into a mediocre one, despite his reputation as a defensive mastermind. We probably wouldn't have Taylor here (whom I like) but at least we would have had an offensive coach (that we sorely need) while keeping the DC we knew was good.

An offensive coach that is coaching...EJ at QB?

Are you really a DW defender, or are you just making conversation here?

(BTW I agree that he didn't pick Rex and shouldn't be accountable for that decision -- but I also think he's made many, many poor decisions that no one forced on him.)

An offensive coach that is coaching...EJ at QB?

Are you really a DW defender, or are you just making conversation here?

(BTW I agree that he didn't pick Rex and shouldn't be accountable for that decision -- but I also think he's made many, many poor decisions that no one forced on him.)

I'd argue that a good offensive coach would have cut the EJ experiment short and we'd have someone else at QB. Hell, I'd bet Thad Lewis would have been good enough to get us to the playoffs with a top 5 defense on the other side of the ball and he wasn't even that good. After all if Rex was smart enough to figure it out, I'm pretty sure Hue Jackson would have figured it out too.

I'm not a big Whaley supporter in general, I just don't think it's fair to pin too much on him when a meddling owner and a Marketing guy with way too much authority have essentially taken the biggest decisions away from him. I hate EJ Manuel and I hated spending 2 first round picks on Watkins. I wasn't crazy about the McCoy trade either given the massive extension we gave him but I seem to be wrong on that so far, although to be fair, the biggest reason I wasn't a fan of the trade is because running backs age like milk these days and the bad years and dead cap space for that contract will still be coming down the road.

In the end I won't shed a single tear when he's (DW) eventually fired, but until they actually hire a GM or a football Czar who has enough clout to over ride the decisions of our fan boy owner and overzealous marketer turned President, I don't have much faith in this team to ever turn the corner into a well run franchise. The best we can really hope for is to catch lightning in a bottle and get a lucky run to end the drought. We won't be challenging the Massholes for supremacy of the division anytime soon though.

^

Whaley had to know he was on his way out after that God-fearing, state champ wrasslin' workaholic came on the scene.

...that he recommended to the Pegulas.

19thomas-600.jpg

Oh the horror. <_<  See you opening day.

Edited by PromoTheRobot