Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I'm not sure how people can get worked up about the schedule when it's been proven year in and year out that whatever assessment is made regarding the schedule before the season is always way off base. Games that look easy may be difficult and games that look impossible become winnable.

I usually agree with you on this but that applies to like 4-5 games a year. We play about 12 games against the top QBs of the league. We're going to suck ass

This is why I want the Bills to go WR with the first pick. Corey Davis and Mike Williams are playmakers and with Sammy's Injury History it's the right move

Then load up on DBs round 2-4

Third time's a charm?

I feel like, if the greatest coach/talent evaluator/tactician in the game's history is willing to pay you legit #1 corner money, then you're pretty frickin' good.

Yes indeedly.

As for optimism/pessimism:  for the first time in a while, I'm feeling somewhat sunshine-and-kittens-y.  Reasons:

- I like TT and think he will continue to improve.

- I think dumping TT would've been idiotic, and I find the Bills' avoidance of an idiotic move to be encouraging.

- I like McDermott and I expect the Bills to be a better-coached team than they have -- and games often turn on a handful of smartly- or stupidly-executed plays. 

- I like the fact that McDermott appears to have quite a bit of authority that would otherwise have been held by Tweedledum (RB) and Tweedledee (DW).

- I expect the defense to improve from terrible to at least middling.

- We are due for Watkins to stay healthy.

- It looks like the Bills are going to take steps towards bringing in a credible #2 WR (by which I mean someone better than Woods, whose departure I will not mourn).  I think TT, a healthy Watkins and a good #2 WR will surprise a lot of people.

We'll see.

- We are due for Watkins to stay healthy.

- It looks like the Bills are going to take steps towards bringing in a credible #2 WR (by which I mean someone better than Woods, whose departure I will not mourn).  I think TT, a healthy Watkins and a good #2 WR will surprise a lot of people.

Good stuff. On these two specifically: I feel like next year is the season that the story on Watkins becomes "finally healthy" and how he's charting toward the level of AJ Green/Julio Jones.

As for Woods, I think everyone knew he was going elsewhere. The fact that the Rams now have something like $8M tied up in Tavon Austin (sp) and Woods is something I do not envy.

Osweieler and 2018 2nd to Clevelan

Houston gunning for Romo

It's utterly hilarious to me that Osweiler got $18 million per based on four (I think) mediocre starts, then one year later he played so poorly that the Texans had to pay another team to take the contract.

It's utterly hilarious to me that Osweiler got $18 million per based on four (I think) mediocre starts, then one year later he played so poorly that the Texans had to pay another team to take the contract.

Pretty amazing.

And I don't know whether what Cleveland is doing will work in the NFL -- but it sure is an interesting experiment.

I'd be surprised if they didn't ready have it arranged to bring him aboard.

Same. 

Some team would do it again too. Just wait for Seimien

Pretty amazing.

And I don't know whether what Cleveland is doing will work in the NFL -- but it sure is an interesting experiment.

Stocking up on picks. More shots in the chamber, the better chances. They're now trying to flip Brock for picks while retaining salary. I love their strategy 

Bills sign Micah Hyde, Packers safety. Good signing

Edited by WildCard

@viccarucci

Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

@sharpfootball

Tyrod Taylor now carries the cheapest starting vet-QB cap hit in the NFL (assuming RGIII done in CLE). Nice restructure, a page from NE. 

I don't understand why, with such a need at WR, we didn't even bring Pryor in for a visit. Just signed a 1 year deal with Washington.

He probably didn't want to. That one year deal is to play one year with Cousins as the #1

*dons tinfoil hat*

They refuse to trade Garoppolo. They go big in free agency and trades, which is very un-Belichickian. Is it possible that Brady has hinted internally he may be retiring?

That will be when the Bills truly "win the offseason" :P

I just wonder if the team can get back to the 9-7 level it briefly enjoyed BEFORE Kim 'N Terry bought the Bills?   So far... both teams they bought have significantly worsened under their ownership.

Killing with 'kindness' and committee management?    

*dons tinfoil hat*

They refuse to trade Garoppolo. They go big in free agency and trades, which is very un-Belichickian. Is it possible that Brady has hinted internally he may be retiring?

Tom Brady will never retire. I'm serious. When old age begins to be a factor, Tom Brady will become the first fully bionic NFL player.

Pats win the division, obviously.

Bills: 7-9