Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I mean, they can still do that.

Sure, I just don't think it's happening. To me, the decision to keep Taylor means a push for the playoffs rather than a mini-rebuild year. Given that, it's hard for me to see them not going for an immediate starter at another position.

Sure, I just don't think it's happening. To me, the decision to keep Taylor means a push for the playoffs rather than a mini-rebuild year. Given that, it's hard for me to see them not going for an immediate starter at another position.

I also have no problem with trying to push for the playoffs. I mean, we think the D should recover from the Ryan brothers debacle. All you really need to do is take a receiver with that 1st if you're not going to take a QB. 

Isn't that the expectation for every 1st round pick?

I also have no problem with trying to push for the playoffs. I mean, we think the D should recover from the Ryan brothers debacle. All you really need to do is take a receiver with that 1st if you're not going to take a QB.

I think safety and linebacker are bigger needs than WR.

I believe it's traditional for the Bills to spend two first-round picks on a receiver, not just one.

Yes, and given they're keeping Taylor, I think they're out of the market for an immediate starter at QB. That's my point.

I'm good with that ... give Cardale another year or two as backup and deep six E.J. Build up the D ...

I don't think it's a bad decision, but it probably kills my dreams of Kizer/Mahomes/Watson at 10, which is what I think would have been the best decision.

I mean, they can still do that. 

Keep Tyrod and let Mahomes develop in the wings. Win win. Draft him in the 2nd, trade up if you have to

I'm good with that ... give Cardale another year or two as backup and deep six E.J. Build up the D ...

I wouldn't say I'm good with it, because I'm not, but I understand it. With respect to Cardale, I'm about 99% certain he'll never be an NFL starter. His accuracy is just not good enough--it's in EJ territory.

I wouldn't say I'm good with it, because I'm not, but I understand it. With respect to Cardale, I'm about 99% certain he'll never be an NFL starter. His accuracy is just not good enough--it's in EJ territory.

Well, do we draft a backup this year when we have other pressing needs ? 

Well, do we draft a backup this year when we have other pressing needs ?

I have zero interest in drafting a backup. That's what the Siemians of the world are for.

Keep Tyrod and let Mahomes develop in the wings. Win win. Draft him in the 2nd, trade up if you have to

I don't think he'll be there, nor do I think we'd draft him now. It's gonna be position players rounds 1-3, I think.

I have zero interest in drafting a backup. That's what the Siemians of the world are for.

I don't think he'll be there, nor do I think we'd draft him now. It's gonna be position players rounds 1-3, I think.

That will send me over the edge

Because they don't draft a QB in round 1-3 even though they have last years starter on the roster and a prospect who could eventually start?

Because I believe in Mahomes that much. Cardale will never be anything other than a backup at best

McDermott on Tyrod on the @JohnMurphyShow: "High character, great work ethic, toughness, skill set...best move for the Bills at this time."

The "at this time" worries me a bit ...

I need to see the numbers, but I don't understand why Tyrod would agree to the deal with him being the #1 QB on the open market. 

Edited by gramps