Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Thinking they should pick Howard at #10.  

O.J. Howard is a can't-miss tight end prospect. Blessed with excellent physical and athletic traits, he developed into a complete three-down player at Alabama. Howard grades as the best run-blocking tight end in the 2017 draft class and can do damage in the passing game. At 6'6" and 250 pounds, he is an automatic mismatch with cornerbacks, safeties and linebackers given his upper-level athleticism. Howard naturally attacks the ball as a receiver and consistently makes hands catches away from his frame. He understands how to elevate above the turf to make plays and is also comfortable getting physical with defenders to make traffic grabs. He's explosive, agile and tough, and the last four years at Alabama have shown his willingness to work to improve his craft and take fewer targets in an offensive system without complaining.

Seems like something the bills can use in the redzone, and the run blocking should be good as well :p

Another OJ?

I dunno, man.

Not for nothing (although almost for nothing): OJ Howard was most likely born after the OJ white Ford Bronco chase of June 1994. And that means his family dubbed him "OJ" after the murders and after all of that bizarre stuff happened.

Another OJ?

I dunno, man.

Not for nothing (although almost for nothing): OJ Howard was most likely born after the OJ white Ford Bronco chase of June 1994. And that means his family dubbed him "OJ" after the murders and after all of that bizarre stuff happened.

Since I looked it up...... OJ Howard was born November 19, 1994.

Man - after the arrest, before the trial even started.

LOL - that's pretty sad.   He looked pretty surely guilty at that juncture.  

Sidebar - I loved how OJ Prime ceaselessly searched for the 'real killer' of Nicole after his acquittal - on the golf courses of America - until he was accused of yet another violent and dangerous crime.  

LOL - that's pretty sad. He looked pretty surely guilty at that juncture.

A certain segment of society didn't care if he was guilty and was just happy that one of theirs got off after years of perceived persecution from the Justice system. Please don't confuse me as agreeing with this insane opinion but OJ was a cult hero of sorts for much of black America.

A lot of my buddies who are rabid NFL fans cite the fact that it's a "year-round league" and that things are always happening, so their interest rarely hibernates like it would during late July for a hockey fan. But I listened to 20 minutes of Donald Jones and John Murphy discussing people tweeting about NFL games and the varying degrees of anger the tweets give them. Holy was that dry. And recently they spent like an hour talking about a play about Thurman Thomas's life, and which events they would like to see reproduced if they were to watch the play (I got the impression that they were not planning on watching the play, though I could see John being into something like that)

A certain segment of society didn't care if he was guilty and was just happy that one of theirs got off after years of perceived persecution from the Justice system. Please don't confuse me as agreeing with this insane opinion but OJ was a cult hero of sorts for much of black America.

Quite true.   

Quite true.   

There are people that consider those armed men out in Oregon that occupied and tore up a Bird Scantuary and got away with it heroes too. Just make sure we're not making any blanket statements here. :)

It isn't just black people. I'm white and I was happy to see him get acquitted. Anyone who runs for 2,000 yards in a Bills uniform should get a couple of get out of jail free cards. I still think Starburst missed out on a prime advertising opportunity. They could've had him running around like in the old Hertz commercials, running to escape a crashing wave on the beach or something, then he just looks over at the camera and says the Juice is Loose then winks and run off. Real classy like.

Edited by Drunkard

It isn't just black people. I'm white and I was happy to see him get acquitted. Anyone who runs for 2,000 yards in a Bills uniform should get a couple of get out of jail free cards. I still think Starburst missed out on a prime advertising opportunity. They could've had him running around like in the old Hertz commercials, running to escape a crashing wave on the beach or something, then he just looks over at the camera and says the Juice is Loose then winks and run off. Real classy like.

Honestly, what would have been better than Hertz redux with OJ driving a rental white bronco. "Rides so great, you can get away with murder..."

I really like the idea of drafting OJ Howard, and not just because of his KILLER name. I think he's the only blue-chip player in the draft this year who plays offense. We can run 2 TE sets with him and Clay. He can take a lot of heat off double-teaming Watkins. He's a big target for Taylor over the middle and in the red zone. His blocking skills only help our run game, especially when on the weaker right side. After 57 years, this franchise still has never had a dominant player at the TE position. OJ would be that player.

Here's my top 10 list for the draft:

1. Garrett

2. Allen

3. Adams

4. Hooker

5. Foster

6. Thomas

7. Howard

---------division between elite and really good---------------

8. Davis

9. Lattimore

10. Williams

• 2 weeks later...

Patriots have signed Gillislee to a 2 year, $6.8 million offer sheet. $4 million in 2017. Whaley gave him an original round (5th) tender of $1.7M. Could've been a 2nd round tender at $2.7M. Does Belichick offer a contract if it'll cost him a 2nd? I don't believe he does...and if he does, I'd gladly let Gillislee walk for the 2nd. Win win. But now? We either have to pay the 4 or create yet another hole to fill, for a 5th round pick. Both options suck.

The Hogan thing didn't bother me last year because he's the walking definition of JAG. But I really like Gillislee. Checkmark against Whaley here.

Patriots have signed Gillislee to a 2 year, $6.8 million offer sheet. $4 million in 2017. Whaley gave him an original round (5th) tender of $1.7M. Could've been a 2nd round tender at $2.7M. Does Belichick offer a contract if it'll cost him a 2nd? I don't believe he does...and if he does, I'd gladly let Gillislee walk for the 2nd. Win win. But now? We either have to pay the 4 or create yet another hole to fill, for a 5th round pick. Both options suck.

The Hogan thing didn't bother me last year because he's the walking definition of JAG. But I really like Gillislee. Checkmark against Whaley here.

The Bills franchise is just a toy for Belichick and he loves playing with it. He doesn't around with Miami or the Jets like this. He knows how clueless the whole organization is.