Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I tend to agree with you Jeff, but like you said there is probably too much talent to pull it off all the way right now. Talking to a couple of Bills fans this past week in the know, they the Bills will still finish behind the Phins in the devision. I got depressed but have to admit they are probably right. The only problem is by tanking could the Bills find a franchise QB as Flagg said evaluating college QBs is much tougher. Again, its show me time.

For the record, I have no idea why Jeff was banned from TSW, but I expect it had to do more with the way in which he expressed his opinions than with the opinions themselves.  So far I see no issue with the way he's expressing himself here.

Hey nfreeman, you're up in the draft thread, we're trying to get it done tonight. Just so ya know!

I think my position is a bit more nuanced than lose as much as possible. If you do a full evaluation of the roster, what do you see? For me, I see a team nowhere close to contending for the division or playoffs. If that is the case, you should acquire more picks and trade as many over the hill vets as possible while spending the bulk of your energy looking for a franchise QB. We shall see soon enough. Russ Brandon and Sean McDermott see playoffs. We shall find out how smart they were in evaluating this roster.

You can draft 7 QB's per year for three years in a row and not get it right. The people that keep saying they should find a franchise QB drive me crazy. You liked 2 QB's in 14 years, can list only 3 QB's the Bills passed on in that period, 1 of whom has played 1 season and yet think that because the Bills don't have one means they are not trying.

Gutting your roster only means you get to spend three years rebuilding it and hoping you get lucky with a QB. Adding picks obviously increases your chances that you will find better players but it doesn't statistically significantly increase the chances that one of them will be a franchise QB.

Bye bye Yates and hello 0-16 If Tyrod gets injured in pre-season. Our qb are worse than last year.

Oh my God, you are smart enough not to read anything into the preseason. Frank Reich looked like the worst QB ever to suit up in preseason.

You can draft 7 QB's per year for three years in a row and not get it right. The people that keep saying they should find a franchise QB drive me crazy. You liked 2 QB's in 14 years, can list only 3 QB's the Bills passed on in that period, 1 of whom has played 1 season and yet think that because the Bills don't have one means they are not trying.

Gutting your roster only means you get to spend three years rebuilding it and hoping you get lucky with a QB. Adding picks obviously increases your chances that you will find better players but it doesn't statistically significantly increase the chances that one of them will be a franchise QB.

Oh my God, you are smart enough not to read anything into the preseason. Frank Reich looked like the worst QB ever to suit up in preseason.

Well, I think there is plenty of room between "they should tank to get a good QB" -- which I think is a terrible idea -- and "the did all that they could've done to find a good QB" -- which is far from what's happened.

Whaley did an atrocious job addressing the QB position, which is by far the most important position.  That really can't be denied. 

Well, I think there is plenty of room between "they should tank to get a good QB" -- which I think is a terrible idea -- and "the did all that they could've done to find a good QB" -- which is far from what's happened.

Whaley did an atrocious job addressing the QB position, which is by far the most important position.  That really can't be denied. 

I find it difficult to reconcile this view with your general like of Tyrod. 

As one of the resident Whaley apologists, I don't think he ever got the chance to truly build his own team. Though, I think it's fairly clear he liked EJ a lot more than he should have after seeing him play NFL games.

I find it difficult to reconcile this view with your general like of Tyrod. 

As one of the resident Whaley apologists, I don't think he ever got the chance to truly build his own team. Though, I think it's fairly clear he liked EJ a lot more than he should have after seeing him play NFL games.

I think it's pretty well settled that bringing in TT was Rex's move, not DW's.  I also think -- consistent with your post -- that DW felt that by drafting EJ, he'd addressed the QB position -- which was a fireable offense.

Exactly.  If Drew Brees or Philip Rivers pops loose?  By all means, move him in and send TT out.  Spend a top-10 overall pick on a QB?  Yes -- the FNG can either apprentice underneath TT or take the starting job, with TT coming in off the bench as needed.  But there is NFW that they should jettison TT without a legit star or possible star taking his place. 

Brees is 38.  Rivers will be 36 before the season ends.  I know, I feel old now, too.

I was told to take a few weeks off. Just have not bothered asking to get back on. Probably best to wait until the season starts as many fans want to believe in the new regime.

You are not listed as banned over there, FWIW.

It should because it's preseason

Exactly.

You can tell this on here? Is that feature on SS as well?

Yes, but you would have go digging for posts by GoDD and any other known banned member to see it.

I'll save you the trouble ... it just says 'Banned' where it says 'Members' under your, my and most others avatar.  No big deal, really.

Bills traded Watkins?!

Sorry no link.

Heard it was to Rams for a DB and a swap of 2nd for 6th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828580/article/bills-trade-sammy-watkins-to-rams-acquire-matthews?campaign=tw-nf-sf105396214-sf105396214&sf105396214=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Darby and a pick to Eagles too.