Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Watkins and Matthews are very similar IMO.   

Gaines is bigger and much more physical than Darby.

And they net picks.

Not terrible, considering Watkins was going to walk away after this season anyway.

I find it interesting how they executed these two deals simultaneously.   Wonder if the Rams and Eagles knew about the other trade.

This might not be quite as bad as your Matthews takes, but it's in the same universe.

Someone on TBD:  They're setting up for the post-Brady era.  

Not a bad take.

Bring back those tank gifs.

Could be, but it also exposes all of their blather about competing this year as the utter nonsense many thought it was. I also don't understand keeping Tyrod, signing Boldin....if you're gonna tank, tank.

Does this make Boldin our #1 receiver or is Jordan Matthews better? Either way welcome to the ###### show.

Matthews is better than Boldin at this stage of his career, but he's still really just an okay slot guy.

This was a only somewhat tankish of a move.   

If they they trade Shady tho.... oh boy.

They should trade him. And Tyrod. Go all the way.

We'll easily be drafting top 10. And with all the ammo we have, we can make a lot of noise

Same here. This is going to be the biggest draft for the Bills since....Kelly? Bruce?

The line is the problem

The line is a problem, but if Goff ends up as the second coming of Blake Bortles, the Rams might be lucky. 

If it's unclear, that is most definitely not a compliment.

I can't wait for the Bills to draft Rob Johnson again. 

We didn't draft him in the first place :nana:

And they net picks.

Not terrible, considering Watkins was going to walk away after this season anyway.

I find it interesting how they executed these two deals simultaneously.   Wonder if the Rams and Eagles knew about the other trade.

I think you're right.

That was their own doing, they decided not to pick up his option. 

The only thing I don't like about these trade is that people will use them as the reason that the bills suck this year.

The bills were always going to suck this year.

And next year, and the year after, and the year after...

Our receivers are probably still better than what we had for most of last season. 

This is probably true. But it's also along the lines of saying the Sabres' blue line is going to be better than the one they iced last season.

Of course I think the Sabres' upgrade is much larger, but when the bar is so low...

And they net picks.

Hardly.  They didn't pick up his 5th year option so the Bills were letting him go.

This might not be quite as bad as your Matthews takes, but it's in the same universe.

Could be, but it also exposes all of their blather about competing this year as the utter nonsense many thought it was. I also don't understand keeping Tyrod, signing Boldin....if you're gonna tank, tank.

Matthews is better than Boldin at this stage of his career, but he's still really just an okay slot guy.

They should trade him. And Tyrod. Go all the way.

The line is a problem, but if Goff ends up as the second coming of Blake Bortles, the Rams might be lucky. 

If it's unclear, that is most definitely not a compliment.

We didn't draft him in the first place :nana:

Wait, really?

Man, I have forgotten as much as possible about that era. 

If they're not trying to win now, they need to go ahead and trade McCoy. Running backs age like milk. No sense in keeping him around during his few remaining seasons of peak play just so we can have him when he's old, slow, and expensive when they finally try to start winning.

My first reaction was "##### H ##### on a ####ing popcicle stick, not another ### #### tank!!!!"

But I don't really feel like these trades mades us that much worse, if at all, and we picked up some more draft picks. Not a bad job.

Weren't you literally just asking for more picks and a tank yesterday?

All rebuilds are not created equal. I don't trust these guys and this trade is horrible value wise. You don't get better by trading your best young offensive player so Sean can draft try hard coach picks like Rag Arm Peterman or Zay Jones.

My first reaction was "##### H ##### on a ####ing popcicle stick, not another ### #### tank!!!!"

But I don't really feel like these trades mades us that much worse, if at all, and we picked up some more draft picks. Not a bad job.

They downgraded in talent no matter how you slice it.

Jordan Matthew is not as talented as Sammy Watkins and EJ Gaines is not as talented as Ronald Darby. In the end it doesn't matter though. We were only fighting for second place in the division and an outside chance at the playoffs in a best case scenario anyway.

To top it all off Gaines is just as gimpy as Watkins.

All rebuilds are not created equal. I don't trust these guys and this trade is horrible value wise. You don't get better by trading your best young offensive player so Sean can draft try hard coach picks like Rag Arm Peterman or Zay Jones.

The Patriots are more than upfront with what they look for in players, and it's this. They only take guys who live, breath, and die football, and who will work 100% with whatever the coach says.

The Patriots are more than upfront with what they look for in players, and it's this. They only take guys who live, breath, and die football, and who will work 100% with whatever the coach says.

But what the coach says has to be right. What belichick says is right. The bills have never had a coach who said the right things.

They also have uber talented players. Don't give me this Bills BS that Sammy is not good enough. You know who is not good enough? The Bills ownership and management.

While this is the PR, it's utter nonsense in reality.

For the Patriots? Don't think so. They cut guys regularly that have all the talent in the world

Winners and Losers from the trades. Teams are at the bottom

Winners: Eagles, Bills

Losers: Rams

The Rams section is pretty interesting

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/20313763/winners-losers-buffalo-bills-los-angeles-rams-philadelphia-eagles-mega-trades-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews-ronald-darby

Consider there are infinite parallel universes (there are)... it at least one of the universes, the Bills never traded up for Watkins and took OBJ instead.    I wonder what that universe looks like.

Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons along with Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss.

What has Watkins done besides miss games and getting caught from behind while showboating?   He's not a competitor.

They also have uber talented players. Don't give me this Bills BS that Sammy is not good enough. You know who is not good enough? The Bills ownership and management.

Uber talented players? They've been assembling teams of virtual no-names for over a decade with the only consistency being Brady and Belicheck

Yeah, let's completely throw the new GM and coach under the bus after the first preseason game. 

Consider there are infinite parallel universes (there are)... it at least one of the universes, the Bills never traded up for Watkins and took OBJ instead.    I wonder what that universe looks like.

OBJ wouldn't be an NFL star. Pretty simple honestly 

Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons along with Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss.

What has Watkins done besides miss games and getting caught from behind while showboating?   He's not a competitor.

I'm with you on this. I don't see how some think this is a downgrade. 

But, I admit I have lost significant interest in football over the last few years so my input might be meaningless.