Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

What a twist, can't believe you know that song, PA. That's a great song

Vacation is getting a lot of play on an alternative station in Buffalo (107.7) I listen to when I'm driving. Another great tune. By the same token, Everclear's AM Radio will always be about the Sabres. Don't know much else about Dirty Heads.

Massive article on the Tyrod debate

Pro Football Focus, the analytics company that grades players by watching every down, ranked Taylor as the 13th-best quarterback in 2015, 12th last year and sixth through Week 8 this season. While some observers of Taylor's game might dispute that assessment, Sam Monson, one of PFF's analysts, argues that it reflects Taylor's worth. The quarterback does miss some throws, he says, but he compensates for his limited short game with a beautiful deep ball.

"Almost every week, you'll pull one throw from his game tape that's obscene, that almost no quarterback can make," Monson says. The combination of those explosive plays and Taylor's low turnover rate -- since becoming a starter, he has thrown an interception on 1.4 percent of his passes, fourth best in the NFL-is rare, he adds, which is why the lack of appreciation for Taylor in Buffalo befuddles him.

"Dumping Tyrod Taylor because you think you can do better is like hitting a 17 in blackjack," Monson says. "You can do better than your hand, but you probably won't."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21251222/the-great-debate-buffalo-bills-quarterback-tyrod-taylor

Edited by WildCard

Not sure what the debate is. Keep Tyrod until someone better comes along. I'd draft someone in the first 3 rounds this year And let Peterman and said draft pick develop.

Totally agree, but if you venture over to TBD it is like the civil war over there, with a distinct "Tyrod is the guy" faction and a "Replace Tyrod immediately" faction. No room for a middle ground of building a team and preparing for the future.

Totally agree, but if you venture over to TBD it is like the civil war over there, with a distinct "Tyrod is the guy" faction and a "Replace Tyrod immediately" faction. No room for a middle ground of building a team and preparing for the future.

Unless we can get Tom Brady, Drew Brees or someone of that ilk, I don't see a better option than Tyrod. I'm not a big fan but I don't see a better option.

I bet that Civil War analogy is closer to reality than you think.

Not sure what the debate is. Keep Tyrod until someone better comes along. I'd draft someone in the first 3 rounds this year And let Peterman and said draft pick develop.

Yup.

Double yup.

I knee-jerked about TT after the Carolina loss and poor clock management. I'm now firmly, essentially permanently in the camp described above. He's a decent-to-good NFL starter. He's worth keeping on and keeping around. And they should also be taking hard runs at drafting a successor to him.

Well, there's reason 27A I never go there. Ever.

White from WGR had it right earlier this week: 90% or so of Bills fans have an accurate understanding of what Taylor is and is not, and are okay with it. The remaining 10% are split on the guy ("Tyrod the GOD!" "He's a bum!") and are constantly screaming at each other.

I bet that Civil War analogy is closer to reality than you think.

Now, now.

... point taken, though.

The Belichick story is not inconsistent with the other rumours about how Kraft directed the Garappolo trade so as to preserve Brady's spot as a forever-Patriot.

Also, I very much enjoyed Bomani Jones on Tom Brady's training techniques being a snake oil con.

Any chance you can pinpoint where the Tom Brady comments are?  It's kind of a long video.