Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

All fun and yes, it's pointless.  But check out who 247 Sports feel is the biggest celebrity fan of the Buffalo Bills.  What a joke. 

http://247sports.com/Gallery/47080993/GallerySlides/328508?ftag=ACQ-07-10aac1c&vndid=1859201620&nan_pid=1859201620&ad_id=4074185

Gotta wonder what the late biggest celebrity fan of the Bills, Tim Russert, would have to say about the current state of affairs.

I think he may have meant Chris Berman, who I believe is still alive and kicking.

He is the biggest Bills backer I ever saw on TV.

Nope. Berman is a fan. Timmy was a FAN. Ended a ton of Meet the Press broadcasts w/ a 'go Bills.' Grew up in Buffalo & never forgot his roots. Just got his book 'Big Russ & Me' but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I really like the idea of drafting OJ Howard, and not just because of his KILLER name. I think he's the only blue-chip player in the draft this year who plays offense. We can run 2 TE sets with him and Clay. He can take a lot of heat off double-teaming Watkins. He's a big target for Taylor over the middle and in the red zone. His blocking skills only help our run game, especially when on the weaker right side. After 57 years, this franchise still has never had a dominant player at the TE position. OJ would be that player.

Here's my top 10 list for the draft:

1. Garrett

2. Allen

3. Adams

4. Hooker

5. Foster

6. Thomas

7. Howard

---------division between elite and really good---------------

8. Davis

9. Lattimore

10. Williams

Update: I'm demoting Allen, dropping Foster, promoting Lattimore, and adding Derek Barnett.

1. Garrett

2. Adams

3. Hooker

4. Thomas

5. Allen

6. Lattimore

7. Barnett

8. Howard

9. Davis

10. Williams

I missed it originally in your first post, but Tyrod throwing over the middle?  What is this amazing concept?

Point taken. I have been ambivalent about Tyrod's future as a starting NFL QB.

However, I really liked what I saw in the final Miami home game with Watkins, Woods, and Clay all healthy (enough) and on the field. He definitely spread the ball around and attacked the middle portion of the field with some confidence.

I want to give Tyrod one more year and give him another legitimate receiving weapon to complement Watkins and Clay before making a final judgment. I completely understand those who are ready to move on, but I'm not quite there yet. We've already been through 20 straight seasons of QB purgatory. I can handle one more year.

I know that you should never put stock in how easy/hard a schedule looks before the season starts, but this one looks "easier" than they usually do to me. Again, that means nothing and probably wasn't worth saying.

Bizarre that we don't play the Dolphins or Pats until 4 of our last 5 games are against them.

I don't see this schedule as being easy in any way. The defense is really gonna have to come thru to have any success this season.

The QB's the Bills will be facing are a pretty good bunch. T. Brady (2x), M. Ryan, D. Carr, C. Newton, D. Brees, P. Rivers and A. Luck. Even R. Tannehill (2x), A. Dalton, A. Smith and J. Winston can not be taken lightly. That leaves the 2 games vs the Jets and the game against the Broncos where the Bills won't be facing an established starting QB. 

I've seen a few mentions of the Bills' capologist the past few days -- here and then Sullivan mentioned him (unkindly) in his column today.

It's Overdorf, right?

A couple of posters here spoke up to defend him. Skurski has said that the losses of valuable vets like Hogan and Gillislee (sp) are proof that Overdorf has made a mess of the cap.

It sure seems like the Bills are up against the cap as though they were a perennial contender.