GDT: Buffalo at Montréal 7:30 pm ET, 1/31/2017

Doohickie

I have to assume that he at least got a warnig, right? Right?

Or does that only happen when you criticize the prez or his devotees? I mean, how ###### stupid can I be for thinking otherwise?

Thank you for your repeated accusations of dishonesty and bad faith on this topic.

If you're interested in incorporating some facts into your thinking: 

- We typically wouldn't issue a warning point for a first (or even 2nd) offense. 

- There have been quite a few posts critical of the president that various posters have lobbed in recently without getting a warning.  None of us particularly enjoys playing board policeman, so we generally let it go with the hope that the perpetrators will cease and desist on their own volition.

- I believe the sum total of posters who have received warning points for repeatedly crossing the line is:  2 Trump critics (one of whom was warned not for criticizing Trump but for spamming a bunch of threads with complaints about the "no politics" policy) and 1 Trump supporter.

(EDIT:  it was actually 1 anti-Trump poster for repeated bigoted statements about Trump supporters, 2 anti-Trump posters for spamming multiple threads about the no-politics policy and  2 pro-Trump posters.)

OK?

There is no better representation of our season than the clearing pass that hits Okposo, knocks him down, comes back into our zone and onto the Habs' stick for a goal. 

Right.  And how was that not offsides?  I need to take another look....

...took another look.  It's offsides.  Am I losing my mind?

1:41 mark

https://www.nhl.com/video/recap-buf-2-mtl-5/t-277753022/c-48952403

Edited by bcSaberks

Because the puck came back into the zone off the Sabre.

Ugh.  Thank you.  

(NHL only) A defending player clears the puck out of his own zone, but the puck then bounces off another defending player in neutral ice back into his own zone. (Under IIHF rules, this results in a delayed offside being signaled.)

Because the puck came back into the zone off the Sabre.

Ugh.  Thank you.  

(NHL only) A defending player clears the puck out of his own zone, but the puck then bounces off another defending player in neutral ice back into his own zone. (Under IIHF rules, this results in a delayed offside being signaled.)

Wow. I knew if a player carried it back it wouldn't be offside, but I thought it had to be intentional. I had no idea that it could merely bounce off a player.

Thank you for your repeated accusations of dishonesty and bad faith on this topic.

- We typically wouldn't issue a warning point for a first (or even 2nd) offense. 

- There have been quite a few posts critical of the president that various posters have lobbed in recently without getting a warning.  None of us particularly enjoys playing board policeman, so we generally let it go with the hope that the perpetrators will cease and desist on their own volition.

- I believe the sum total of posters who have received warning points for repeatedly crossing the line is:  2 Trump critics (one of whom was warned not for criticizing Trump but for spamming a bunch of threads with complaints about the "no politics" policy) and 1 Trump supporter.

(EDIT:  it was actually 1 anti-Trump poster for repeated bigoted statements about Trump supporters, 2 anti-Trump posters for spamming multiple threads about the no-politics policy and  2 pro-Trump posters.)

OK?

Warnings aside, I'll just say that the posts that are allowed to remain and the posts that get deleted do very little to restore my waning faith.

I'm done. Back to hockey.

What about calling another poster ###### stupid?

What is your question, exactly?  Was it an obnoxious post?  Yes indeed.  Should it have incurred a warning?  Perhaps an unofficial warning would've been appropriate -- but of course that assumes that we read every post in a GDT relating to yet another dreary loss.

Here's what a reasonable person would've done if he or she had been put off by that post:  tell that poster that the post was out of line, or report it to the mods.  But you couldn't be bothered to do that.  You felt compelled, and thought it was perfectly OK, to start publicly accusing the mods of favoring one side over the other.

How nice.

Wow. I knew if a player carried it back it wouldn't be offside, but I thought it had to be intentional. I had no idea that it could merely bounce off a player.

Crazy.  And Okposo was like 6 feet out of the zone.  I suppose the rule is intended to prevent slop along the blue line ie must have possession.  At least we didn't lose a close one it.  

What is your question, exactly?  Was it an obnoxious post?  Yes indeed.  Should it have incurred a warning?  Perhaps an unofficial warning would've been appropriate -- but of course that assumes that we read every post in a GDT relating to yet another dreary loss.

Here's what a reasonable person would've done if he or she had been put off by that post:  tell that poster that the post was out of line, or report it to the mods.  But you couldn't be bothered to do that.  You felt compelled, and thought it was perfectly OK, to start publicly accusing the mods of favoring one side over the other.

How nice.

Given the ongoing personal attacks that are allowed in the PPP site on anyone who isn't a conservative, there does appear to be a bias.

It's obvious what happened here.

Doohickie, desperate to signal his citizen-of-the-world status, polluted the title of the GDT with that weird euro squiggle above the "e" in "Montreal."

A debacle ensued.

I hope we've learned our lessons.

Pre-morning coffee

I thought WOW, this guy must have a gigantic pair of gonads to actually inject humor into this thread

OK?

Post-morning 40oz black coffee consumption

Man what other site can a moderator get blasted for the posts of people who somehow mix Trump--bad Sabres defense---politics thread and horrendous Sabres game into one colossal conglomeration of thread manure. This place is a schizophrenia's heaven. No wonder this place is so awesome

Warnings aside, I'll just say that the posts that are allowed to remain and the posts that get deleted do very little to restore my waning faith.

Well, I'll resist the overwhelming urge to invite you to GFY, and instead invite you to consider the fact that in the past month, exactly 4 political posts have been deleted -- 2 by a pro-Trump poster, and 2 by anti-Trump posters (one of which told me that he would've deleted the post himself if a mod had not done so).

I'll also ask you to perhaps think about and look into what the facts actually are, instead of making assumptions about them and then making accusations based on those assumptions.

Given the ongoing personal attacks that are allowed in the PPP site on anyone who isn't a conservative, there does appear to be a bias.

You may or may not be aware that the mods on SabreSpace and the mods on TBD are 2 different and non-overlapping groups (other than our fearless leader, of course) -- so there really isn't any connection between the way the 2 boards are moderated.

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

How nice.

So,... it's my fault that posts don't get deleted. No accountability.

How nice.

Well, I'll resist the overwhelming urge to invite you to GFY, and instead invite you to consider the fact that in the past month, exactly 4 political posts have been deleted -- 2 by a pro-Trump poster, and 2 by anti-Trump posters (one of which told me that he would've deleted the post himself if a mod had not done so).

I'll also ask you to perhaps think about and look into what the facts actually are, instead of making assumptions about them and then making accusations based on those assumptions.

You may or may not be aware that the mods on SabreSpace and the mods on TBD are 2 different and non-overlapping groups (other than our fearless leader, of course) -- so there really isn't any connection between the way the 2 boards are moderated.

Did you count the post that was deleted only yesterday?

There are other mods, aren't there? I must have struck a nerve since I never singled you out, yet you felt the need to defend your actions this way. 

As to the two bolded, with a tone being set like this by a mod, are we really surprised by the overall tone the board has taken?

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

So,... it's my fault that posts don't get deleted. No accountability.

How nice.

Did you count the post that was deleted only yesterday?

There are other mods, aren't there? I must have struck a nerve since I never singled you out, yet you felt the need to defend your actions this way. 

As to the two bolded, with a tone being set like this by a mod, are we really surprised by the overall tone the board has taken?

I have no idea what you mean by "it's my fault that posts don't get deleted."  I stated that only 4 political posts have been deleted in the past month.  Are you saying that you want every single political post to be deleted?  Do you think that level of board policiing is the right outcome?  Do you think others here want that?

Regarding the post that was deleted yesterday -- yes -- that was one of the posts made by a pro-Trump poster.

As for my tone -- what sort of tone do you expect when you repeatedly accuse someone of dishonesty and bad faith?

I have no idea what you mean by "it's my fault that posts don't get deleted."  I stated that only 4 political posts have been deleted in the past month.  Are you saying that you want every single political post to be deleted?  Do you think that level of board policiing is the right outcome?  Do you think others here want that?

Regarding the post that was deleted yesterday -- yes -- that was one of the posts made by a pro-Trump poster.

As for my tone -- what sort of tone do you expect when you repeatedly accuse someone of dishonesty and bad faith?

Boy, talk about picking the right stats to make your argument.  :lol: How many in the month previous, though? Including an entire, thread (actually, I think it was threads.)

I don't think you are being dishonest. I honestly believe that you honestly believe that you are being (cough) fair and balanced (teehee) with how this place is run. That's fine. But when someone like Ink, who I view as being pretty politically neutral (if not apathetic) thinks a post as being almost ban-able, I might listen.

Now, I really am done. Back to hockey.

Edited by SwampD

I think you are doing a good job, if you had asked me a month ago, I wouldn't have liked to see the politics thread gone, but right about now I'm already fed up with all the pro-trump and anti-trump posts in every other aspect of my daily life, I'd like to come here without seeing the orange monkey mentioned.   He gets talked about way to much already anyway , I'd like to come here and not talk about politics.

I'm going to jump in here and defend freeman a bit. He deleted posts that I reported for obvious trolling by a self-professed politics troll.

I've been avoiding reporting the posts that aren't trolling in order to not flood the mods. But I think if we're not going to have a politics thread, then we aught not to have politics mentioned anywhere. And this is especially the case for posts that are obviously attempts at trolling. 

I think you are doing a good job, if you had asked me a month ago, I wouldn't have liked to see the politics thread gone, but right about now I'm already fed up with all the pro-trump and anti-trump posts in every other aspect of my daily life, I'd like to come here without seeing the orange monkey mentioned.   He gets talked about way to much already anyway , I'd like to come here and not talk about politics.

This is the sentiment I've heard from the majority of the posters that have PM'd me. There are 5 posters here that like to interject politics into a hockey board, unfortunately they like to be most vocal about it.

We, the mods, have discussed at length, approval of a political thread, it's pros and cons, etc.

I can say that in all my years as SabreSpace mod I have never been so insulted personally via PM by a few posters. Even given that, I've advocated for bringing a politics thread back even though I'm not sure that tossing the car keys to the kids makes them learn how to drive within the speed limit.

There are plenty of outlets to express your political opinions outside of a hockey board, most un-moderated if you need to just put your opinion on a screen somewhere for someone to see. Like d4rk said, typing it here or there won't get "it" done (whatever it is for you), get out there and do it.

Feckin' politics. 

Is there no escaping them?

JFC. I logged off FB semi-permanently for that reason. And now even goddamn Instagram is being plagued, somehow. Give me polariod-style pictures of good food and drink, goddammit!

Keep at it, freeman. You're doing the Lord's work.

I'm going to jump in here and defend freeman a bit. He deleted posts that I reported for obvious trolling by a self-professed politics troll.

I've been avoiding reporting the posts that aren't trolling in order to not flood the mods. But I think if we're not going to have a politics thread, then we aught not to have politics mentioned anywhere. And this is especially the case for posts that are obviously attempts at trolling.

Feckin' politics. 

JFC. I logged off FB semi-permanently for that reason. And now even goddamn Instagram is being plagued, somehow. Give me polariod-style pictures of good food and drink, goddammit!

Thanks gents.

Feckin' politics.

You have a gram and book? Surprising :lol:

This is the sentiment I've heard from the majority of the posters that have PM'd me. There are 5 posters here that like to interject politics into a hockey board, unfortunately they like to be most vocal about it.

We, the mods, have discussed at length, approval of a political thread, it's pros and cons, etc.

I can say that in all my years as SabreSpace mod I have never been so insulted personally via PM by a few posters. Even given that, I've advocated for bringing a politics thread back even though I'm not sure that tossing the car keys to the kids makes them learn how to drive within the speed limit.

There are plenty of outlets to express your political opinions outside of a hockey board, most un-moderated if you need to just put your opinion on a screen somewhere for someone to see. Like d4rk said, typing it here or there won't get "it" done (whatever it is for you), get out there and do it.

This should not be happening to you, freeman, or SDS.  There is absolutely no sense to it.

Did Foligno or Ennis play last night? They were largely invisible.

I'd like to see O'Reilly or Okposo with Eichel and Reinhart. Then do something like Okposo with Kane and somebody.

We have two very good centers then nothing.

To keep with the spirit of this thread... Trump sucks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.