GDT: Buffalo at Montréal 7:30 pm ET, 1/31/2017

Doohickie

I'm always weary of attaching too much hope on prospects to make an impact and change our play style. It is very rare that any of these young guys that we pin our hopes too even make the NHL, yet alone make an impact. I know we have been tank and prospect focused for a long time around here, but successful franchises don't rely on young players and prospects to change the direction of the franchise.

I disagree.   Drafting well and having young players make an impact are trademarks of successful teams.

This should not be happening to you, freeman, or SDS.  There is absolutely no sense to it.

110% agreement.   That's so childish for that to happen.   

Personally, I have never discussed, and never will discuss, politics at this forum.   There was that old adage "Never discuss politics or religion at the dinner table" - and that applied to FAMILIES having dinner.  If family members couldn't discuss such topics without pain and anguish,  imagine how much worse with relative strangers to one another???     It's like throwing matches into gasoline.   Nothing good will come of it.  

We don't need that crap here.   Thanks, mod team!

I'm always weary of attaching too much hope on prospects to make an impact and change our play style. It is very rare that any of these young guys that we pin our hopes too even make the NHL, yet alone make an impact. I know we have been tank and prospect focused for a long time around here, but established, successful franchises don't rely on young players and prospects to change the direction of the franchise.

fify

Ya gotta start somewhere.

110% agreement.   That's so childish for that to happen.   

Personally, I have never discussed, and never will discuss, politics at this forum.   There was that old adage "Never discuss politics or religion at the dinner table" - and that applied to FAMILIES having dinner.  If family members couldn't discuss such topics without pain and anguish,  imagine how much worse with relative strangers to one another???     It's like throwing matches into gasoline.   Nothing good will come of it.  

We don't need that crap here.   Thanks, mod team!

A lot of good came of it. The thread was open for four-plus years and had thousands of posts in it. Things got a little heated during the election. Again, no one was forced to read or post.

I think I respect Bylsma's (what's the catchphrase everyone is using) low event hockey even more after watching last night's game.

Montreal used the dreaded D&C more than we did, and they used the even more dreadeder stretch pass even more. They are just way better at it and destroyed us because of it.

And boy, that game by Franson last night, oof what a stinker.

A lot of good came of it. The thread was open for four-plus years and had thousands of posts in it. Things got a little heated during the election. Again, no one was forced to read or post.

Eight-Plus.

I think I respect Bylsma's (what's the catchphrase everyone is using) low event hockey even more after watching last night's game.

Montreal used the dreaded D&C more than we did, and they used the even more dreadeder stretch pass even more. They are just way better at it and destroyed us because of it.

And boy, that game by Franson last night, oof what a stinker.

Dilation and curettage?  In hockey?

Eight-Plus.

Dilation and curettage? In hockey?

We have to stop the bleeding and remove those uterine fibroids, mainly named Bogo and Franson.....

Maybe we need to start the team on some birth control, so they don't reproduce for when, ya know, they get taken advantage of on a nightly basis.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.