Life has its ups and downs, right

MODO Hockey

Just recorded this,

Please watch in 1080 P

Unfortunately it got cut of in the end because an alarm went off, so it is what it is.

Wanted to share this with you guys instead of writing a long post.

Stay safe, eat healthy and do not for any reason say "whatever" when your body is showing you that something is wrong.

Whistle, whistle. :wub:

Modo my heart goes out to you and what you are dealing with in regards to your Mom. Prayers for her. Your trip and its importance pales in comparison to the importance of completing this journey you have been on with your mother from the beginning of your life up until now. The Sabres and your friends from Sabrespace will be there in Buffalo if  and when you go. This season, next season, whenever. They'll be there. My son has had his own battle with this terrible disease as has my own father and i've lost friends it seems too numerous to count. It touches us all. So thinking of you in this battle your mother is going through. Stay strong buddy. 

My heart is saddened as well today as a good friend Scott Carlson passed yesterday evening. Big 6'5" 300 lbs salt of th earth Swede originally from Jamestown NY. He helped out a lot of stray cats... meaning people... but a stroke 3 years ago which revealed lymphatic and lung cancer finally caught up with him. Met him him Amherst MA 12 years ago and his friendship and vociferous political discussions, he was on the opposite pole sort of from me, but more just an instigator will be sorely missed, as well as his patience and timely insight. RIP Scott. Scott was 58.

Modo my heart goes out to you and your family as well.

Edited by North Buffalo

Modo,

Very sorry to hear about your mom's situation. Hope you can still make it to Buffalo. Maybe you could bring your mom along too; Buffalo has one of the premier cancer hospitals - Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Never hurts to get a second opinion.

Will say a prayer for the both of you. Hope to see you in March.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Of course you'll have our sympathy and even advice.

"If you lose your mom, you lose your home." Beautiful words and so true.

I went through this fairly recently. It will be one of the most distinct experiences of your life, and as awful as it might be at times, it will also present many wonderful opportunities. To do something with her you've always wanted to do, to say something you've always wanted to say. No one's perfect at this. You will miss some of those opportunities — I did. (I wanted to record my mom's stories but never did.) You'll be at your best and at your worst. I know you'll do it all magnificently.

Having said all that, it sounds like there is still hope. There are people out there who were given five months who are on five years. Good luck to your mom.

Edited by PASabreFan

MODO - I don't know you that well. I am not a frequent poster and not part of the clique that gets together. But, my heart goes out to you and your family. I loved your video/message -- you're right, everyone can relate and it is a disease. Comfort your mom and cherish your time with her. I wish you both the best! I am not part of the SabresSpace clique but, damn, I would go to Sweden and throw down a couple beers with you in a heartbeat. Go Sabres!

Watching this right now. It is unfair, but the Sabres will wait. (With any luck they will get better). I lost my mother suddenly when she was 67. Not a day goes buy that I don't go to reach for my phone to call her and then remember.........and yeah "your mom IS your mom"

Seeing your appreciation of the beauty of your surroundings and watching  this video makes me want to buy you a beer and watch a Sabres game together. There will be time for that........

Man.. it takes serious strength to be able to post that.  Thank you for opening your heart to us.  

The game be damned... your mother is your mother and you said it so well.  Take care of her, take care of yourself.  We're here for you when you need it.

You have my deepest sympathy.

And yes... ###k Cancer.

From the bottom of my big heart, thank you.

We all have breathtaking moments of sadness in our lifes, just look above on all replys, world is not that big after all when you come to realise.

Doohickie your making the world a better place beeing who you are, just look at all the commitment and effort you put into this forum, as many others, that is way enough.

Ill take that hug of urs one day, dont worry.

Much love

Edited by MODO Hockey

From the bottom of my big heart, thank you.

We all have breathtaking moments of sadness in our lifes, just look above on all replys, world is not that big after all when you come to realise.

Doohickie your making the world a better place beeing who you are, just look at all the commitment and effort you put into this forum, as many others, that is way enough.

Ill take that hug of urs one day, dont worry.

Much love

:wub:

MODO.  I dont know you though now I wish I did.  I joined this board to talk Sabres hockey and I have enjoyed it very much  I didn't expect to get emotionally moved by any of the  the other board members, but now I have. 

Jag kommer definitivt att hålla dig och din mamma i mina tankar.

MODO.  I dont know you though now I wish I did.  I joined this board to talk Sabres hockey and I have enjoyed it very much  I didn't expect to get emotionally moved by any of the  the other board members, but now I have. 

Jag kommer definitivt att hålla dig och din mamma i mina tankar.

:wub: 

Just had a chance to watch the video... I'm so sorry, MODO.   :cry:   Best of luck figuring out your mom's treatment options, and remember what Eleven said about doctors and timelines; my grandfather went home on Hospice with an inoperable brain tumor and by some miracle ended up living another 12 or 13 years before eventually passing from lymphoma.  It sounds like you are all ready and willing to fight, so try to be strong for one another and enjoy each other's company for as long as you have the opportunity.  Sabrespace and and Buffalo will be here waiting whenever you need us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.