Expansion Draft -- Sabres moves and speculation

SabresBaltimore

First reaction is that Carrier will be on his way out.  Only reason I can think we didn't protect him over Ennis is that we worked something out with LV.

Paul Hamilton is stealing my ideas:

Paul Hamilton

Ennis and Carrier makes no sense to me unless Botterill has a deal in place with that says Vegas lays off Ullmark if they can have Carrier.

Get out of my brain, Hamilton!!

Edited by Robviously

Surprised to see Carrier left open over Ennis, however, I'm inclined to think Jbotz has a deal in place with Vegas to take Molson so I'm not too worried. Perhaps that move comes down to locker room politics

hope its Moulson

The "Translate from Danish" thing is the only reason I'm posting this.

#HammySpeak?

Does JB see Ennis as a Sheary/Geuntzel type? Sigh, I like Carrier better at this point in their careers.

I see Carrier as the relentless Sheary type (plus some physicality if less scoring). I thought for sure we'd keep him protected. I really have to believe there's something in place for a Moulson/Bogosian contract offload.

Ennis as the reclamation project? (JBot does come from Pittsburgh-land; Crosby has spoiled him in return to form post-concussions).

Edited by DarthEbriate

no guarantee he returns to form

I think it's far likelier that he doesn't than he does. But he's the type that GMs always talk themselves into as a reclamation project, only to have said project never get off the proverbial ground. I'll be annoyed if I have to watch him sabotage our top-6 again.

About what I thought. When housley talked up Ennis, figured they'd protect him. Remember Ennis and girgs were really good before being stifled by dckhead Dan. I liked carrier's size and speed but he has shown he can be even a semi decent scorer in the NHL. The one reason I think that LV won't take moulsen in a side deal is moulsen and his family really love buffalo and mcphee wouldn't have any to uproot them. My guess of a deal is, "if you don't want us to take ullmark, then expose carrier." Ideally they'd take BOGO or moulsen but I don't see that happening

So are all the lists out? What do we think Vegas looks like if we're working purely from a BPA perspective?

Unless they know they can flip them, they have to fill out a roster first. They are targeting three years from now but they have to have 7 defenseman, 13 forwards and 2 goalies this year.

Fleury

Mrazek

Niemi

Campbell

Miller

Luongo

Lehtonen

Grubauer

If I'm Vegas, I want Fleury, Mrazek, Campbell, I think.

McPhee drafted Grubauer so he may have a leaning toward that although he also knows if he isn't what he thought so.....,I guess I have no idea

No real surprises here.

Carrier is a 3/4 line guy. More upside in an Ennis, if he can stay healthy.

I think we lose Bogo or Moulson.

Maybe swing a deal for one of the D men available to them.

Were probably going to eat the last year of Gorges contract, can't see Vegas taking him. But, all in all nothing to be concerned over.

In any event, Vegas has a decent amount of ammo to select from.

Should be fun seeing what they do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.