GDT: Philadelpha @ Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 1/10/2017

Doohickie

Well, here comes the shutout

Also because it's such a big game in the standings, yeah. We've lost every game like this one this year. 

A win puts us 7 back of philly, with 3 games in hand. The Wild Card spot suddenly becomes available. Regulation loss -> 11 back. 

A win plus help from St. Louis puts us 6 behind Boston, but with 4 games in hand. Could be huge. A loss and a Bruins win and we're back to 10 behind. 

This Sabres team loses games like tonight. Let's hope something changes.

It has become somewhat perversely entertaining for me to try and track how frequently D-Lo possesses the puck, and then gives it away.

Spolier Alert: He does it almost every time.

Thanks for the spoiler alert, but I don't think you are spoiling it for anyone around here.

:w00t:

Also because it's such a big game in the standings, yeah. We've lost every game like this one this year. 

A win puts us 7 back of philly, with 3 games in hand. The Wild Card spot suddenly becomes available. Regulation loss -> 11 back. 

A win plus help from St. Louis puts us 6 behind Boston, but with 4 games in hand. Could be huge. A loss and a Bruins win and we're back to 10 behind. 

This Sabres team loses games like tonight. Let's hope something changes.

Right, but the Winnipeg game galvanized this team. Things will be different now. Call me Mulder because I WANT TO BELIEVE!

A little off topic to the game thread but how to waiver claims work? If a team claims Grant can they send him straight to the AHL or would have have to remain in the NHL in order for them to claim him?

Any team that claims him has to keep him on their NHL Roster

Close. A claiming team CAN send the player down, but has to put him on waivers to do so & if the original team ends up w/ him that team can now send him down. (That last part is how it used to work. Fairly certain it still works that way.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.