GDT: Philadelpha @ Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 1/10/2017

Doohickie

Philly is always a good game.  Some of the best Sabres games I can remember are against the Flyers.  No matter where each team is in the standings, these games are usually intensely competitive for two teams from different divisions.

EDIT:  Line Updates (the picture from DailyFaceOff does not match morning skate):

48-Carrier 90-ROR 21-Okposo

82-Foligno 15-Eichel 12-Gionta

9-Kane 23-Reinhart 56-Bailey

44-DeslaurierS 28-GirgensonS 26-MoulsonS

31382461124_a6f9f8447b_b.jpg  31847869130_ed8bcc9b3f_b.jpg

Starting goalies are likely to be Nilsson (Lehner has the flu... musta been kissing Carrier) and Mason.

Jack and Sam back together, hopefully the magic will be strong.  In fact the top three lines look like they can put some points up.  Let's hope they score early and often.

IMG_0578.jpg

Edited by Doohickie

A win and we're seven points out of their wildcard spot with three games in hand. Still a lot of hockey to play for everyone, but things are looking less dire all of a sudden. Crazy what a decent few results will do.

I'm optimistic we'll see a big performance. Out of the Sabres, even.

Philly had a huge run in early December but are 2-5-3 in their last 10.  Good time to be playing them.  We need this win.

I just hope we're not their bounce back game like with Chicago. At least this one is at home. It looks like Philly is much  better at home (13-6-3; 65% points) than on the road (8-9-3; 47.5%). We're pretty much even (8-8-3 home, 7-7-6 road; 50% of points for both).

I think I like Gionta with Jack.   The captain is a guy who knows how goals are created and if his offensive skills are not what they were, his hockey sense in the offensive zone is as finely tuned as ever.  

That said, some line stability would be nice.  We have scored 11 goals in the last 3 games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.