GDT: Philadelpha @ Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 1/10/2017

Doohickie

In terms of speed, I don't think it's close.  McD is much faster than Eichel.

In straight line, probably, but I'd guess it's closer than you'd expect. In terms of quickness & maneuverability, it isn't even close. Not quite Afinogenov - Hatcher, but on that sort of order. McClavicle's skating is simply unreal.

In straight line, probably, but I'd guess it's closer than you'd expect. In terms of quickness & maneuverability, it isn't even close. Not quite Afinogenov - Hatcher, but on that sort of order. McClavicle's skating is simply unreal.

I would guess that McDavid and Eichel's top speed is very close. When Jack is in full stride, I wouldn't be surprised if he's going at a rate equal to McDavid.

As you and others have said, it just takes Jack a lot longer to get to that speed.

Neither her nor there, but if you put these guys on a Olympic speed skating track, and set them out for several laps, I'd put money on Jack winning. His stride actually looks like Olympic speed skaters at times, little motion, long, powerful strides.

I would guess that McDavid and Eichel's top speed is very close. When Jack is in full stride, I wouldn't be surprised if he's going at a rate equal to McDavid.

As you and others have said, it just takes Jack a lot longer to get to that speed.

Neither her nor there, but if you put these guys on a Olympic speed skating track, and set them out for several laps, I'd put money on Jack winning. His stride actually looks like Olympic speed skaters at times, little motion, long, powerful strides.

And that SEEMS to be a big part of the "Jack's a lazy skater" comes from. He is rarely taking the short choppy strides that LOOK like the guy is going hard & fast. But yet he pulls away from people regularly & catches up to some too.

Sorry -- I'll say NFW on this.  Eichel is fast, but there are plenty of guys in the NHL as fast as he is.  McD is an order of magnitude faster.

I mean, win two more games at that's what, 5-0-1 in our last 6? It's nice but national media will still see us not in the playoffs, beating up on other non-playoff teams. 

Well, I don't think it's a concern either way now.  4 game point streak ended with a whimper tonight.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.