Jump to content

The even randomer thread


PASabreFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Some kind thoughts/prayers for my wife would be welcome; she's getting her knee replaced today.

A new knee for your wife could have significant advantages for you ... 😉😎

Thoughts and prayers for a good outcome.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Some kind thoughts/prayers for my wife would be welcome; she's getting her knee replaced today.

She's out of surgery and in recovery. In Waiting Room news, Kelly And Ryan is insidiously awful television. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

She's out of surgery and in recovery. In Waiting Room news, Kelly And Ryan is insidiously awful television. 

And the end of the first day.  She really is doing much better and much faster than with the first knee replacement.  The first time she was barely making it from one dose of pain medication to the next.  Now.... she's definitely sore but not in the wracking pain that she had the first time.  She's also moving around much better than she was on the first day.

A humorous aside:  earlier, her water glass was out of her reach so she picked up an emery board and pointed it at the glass and said, "LEVIOSA!!!" like a Harry Potter wizard trying to conjur a spell to bring her the water.  She was really pissed off that it wasn't working and asked me to do the spell and I told her it wouldn't work.  She harrumphed and said, "You didn't tell me you were a stupid muggle when I married you!"  Then she wanted my son to come in and do it but it didn't work and she said, "We can practice tomorrow."  On the heals of that she called her mom and her sister and niece were at her mom's house.  She told her niece (who has a son), "Make sure when Linc gets his letter from Hogwarts, that you let him go."

Ah, the effects of anesthesia 😄

At this point she's much more lucid and like I said, much more mobile than she was at the end of Day 1 with the new knee in her other leg that she got a year and a half ago.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Vet's office changed my dogs dosage today of his anti-itch pill. They said "he's lost weight, so he needs this dosage." Ok, fine. But my dog hasn't been to the vet since September. He takes this medication every ***** day. So, has he been on the wrong dose for 9 months? Or are you ***** me over because they are $2.53/pill no matter if it's 16mg or 5.4mg? 

 

Edit: By the way, I've checked the dosage chart. They are right about his dose based on the weight that they have. But still....9 months?

Edited by ubkev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honest question. 

My Gal and I are 4 years in, it's been a bit rough the last 8 months or so. 

I left work last night and made a pit stop to pick up something on the way home. I got a message asking what I'm doing after work, I said going home and sleeping, which was true. 

I get a message asking if I am seeing someone after work, I said no, I got a reply that said I know yours at someone's house and idk why you aren't telling me truth. 

Fast forward to today, I got curious, I've also been hearing this weird chime in my car the last month or 2 and thought it was a VW thing. Sure enough I look closer and there is an airpod wrapped in a pair of thin gloves tucked into the passenger side door area. 

That chime is apparently called "stalking mode" and goes off when you move and aren't near the owner, she knows that I know next to nothing about iPhone stuff and technology in general. 

So essentially there is no trust as she put a tracker in my *ucking car. There's no other explanation for this at all. 

An I misreading anything here, this is grounds to end it immediately no? Anyone ever dealt with a situation like this!? We live together and have had a lot of adventures and it'll suck to Todd away 4 years, but I'm not sure I can get over this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Honest question. 

My Gal and I are 4 years in, it's been a bit rough the last 8 months or so. 

I left work last night and made a pit stop to pick up something on the way home. I got a message asking what I'm doing after work, I said going home and sleeping, which was true. 

I get a message asking if I am seeing someone after work, I said no, I got a reply that said I know yours at someone's house and idk why you aren't telling me truth. 

Fast forward to today, I got curious, I've also been hearing this weird chime in my car the last month or 2 and thought it was a VW thing. Sure enough I look closer and there is an airpod wrapped in a pair of thin gloves tucked into the passenger side door area. 

That chime is apparently called "stalking mode" and goes off when you move and aren't near the owner, she knows that I know next to nothing about iPhone stuff and technology in general. 

So essentially there is no trust as she put a tracker in my *ucking car. There's no other explanation for this at all. 

An I misreading anything here, this is grounds to end it immediately no? Anyone ever dealt with a situation like this!? We live together and have had a lot of adventures and it'll suck to Todd away 4 years, but I'm not sure I can get over this. 

Before ending it, do you have someone at work who would be willing to let you put the tracker thingy in their car for a few days?  How she reacts to that might tip you off to how you should plan to play your next card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Before ending it, do you have someone at work who would be willing to let you put the tracker thingy in their car for a few days?  How she reacts to that might tip you off to how you should plan to play your next card.

I actually thought of that, I was going to do it, but I'm not sure that would change how I feel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Honest question. 

My Gal and I are 4 years in, it's been a bit rough the last 8 months or so. 

I left work last night and made a pit stop to pick up something on the way home. I got a message asking what I'm doing after work, I said going home and sleeping, which was true. 

I get a message asking if I am seeing someone after work, I said no, I got a reply that said I know yours at someone's house and idk why you aren't telling me truth. 

Fast forward to today, I got curious, I've also been hearing this weird chime in my car the last month or 2 and thought it was a VW thing. Sure enough I look closer and there is an airpod wrapped in a pair of thin gloves tucked into the passenger side door area. 

That chime is apparently called "stalking mode" and goes off when you move and aren't near the owner, she knows that I know next to nothing about iPhone stuff and technology in general. 

So essentially there is no trust as she put a tracker in my *ucking car. There's no other explanation for this at all. 

An I misreading anything here, this is grounds to end it immediately no? Anyone ever dealt with a situation like this!? We live together and have had a lot of adventures and it'll suck to Todd away 4 years, but I'm not sure I can get over this. 

It's taken me a few minutes to talk myself into replying to your question Woody. But here it goes.

It's over. The trust and belief are gone. It's been over, but now you have a defining moment to put a point on it. 

Make a total and clean break right now. Your life is not about the past, it is about today and the future. Today you got kicked in the gut and got a clear and vivid picture of what the future will bring. 

Of course it is painful, not easy or convenient. You work in medicine, you know what giving bad news to a patient and/or their family is like and the intense pain they feel. It hurts like hell right now. But you also know that the pain will eventually subside when given time to heal. Or you stay and try again only to have the pain get worse, metastasize and consume more of you.

My prayers are with you. I know that your brothers and sisters at SabreSpace are with me in that regard.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I actually thought of that, I was going to do it, but I'm not sure that would change how I feel. 

Now I'm twice your age so forgive my incredulity, but aren't you old enough to be able to ask her nicely "WTF" and if you don't get a decent answer in response, to know exactly what you need to do next?? You appear to be a smart fellow, to be a handsome enough fellow to not put up with crazy, at this point of your life?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jsb said:

Now I'm twice your age so forgive my incredulity, but aren't you old enough to be able to ask her nicely "WTF" and if you don't get a decent answer in response, to know exactly what you need to do next?? You appear to be a smart fellow, to be a handsome enough fellow to not put up with crazy, at this point of your life?? 

Yes, you're right, I will be bringing it up, I just don't know how yet. I just couldn't believe this morning. I also didn't think this level of crazy would come from her of all people to be honest. I appreciate the kind words and input! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 3:31 AM, Doohickie said:

Some kind thoughts/prayers for my wife would be welcome; she's getting her knee replaced today.

Hopefully all went well and she is progressing nicely in her recovery 🙏 

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, irregularly irregular said:

It's taken me a few minutes to talk myself into replying to your question Woody. But here it goes.

It's over. The trust and belief are gone. It's been over, but now you have a defining moment to put a point on it. 

Make a total and clean break right now. Your life is not about the past, it is about today and the future. Today you got kicked in the gut and got a clear and vivid picture of what the future will bring. 

Of course it is painful, not easy or convenient. You work in medicine, you know what giving bad news to a patient and/or their family is like and the intense pain they feel. It hurts like hell right now. But you also know that the pain will eventually subside when given time to heal. Or you stay and try again only to have the pain get worse, metastasize and consume more of you.

My prayers are with you. I know that your brothers and sisters at SabreSpace are with me in that regard.  

 

 

Yes, you are right l, appreciate the response, and the trust is gone and I don't think it can come back after this in any realm of possibility. The hurt I am feeling is real and I know it will pass with some time. But thank you for your input on this! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yes, you are right l, appreciate the response, and the trust is gone and I don't think it can come back after this in any realm of possibility. The hurt I am feeling is real and I know it will pass with some time. But thank you for your input on this! 

Good luck, what you are doing is never easy.

My advice is try not to lose your cool, be direct and honest and get the feel of her response. A heated exchange will just have all kinds of accusations and emotions boiling over. 
 

Easier said than done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Wyldnwoody44, you know what you have to do.  Sure you invested a lot of time and energy as she has too.  The trust is gone.  You really have no idea when it went.

I have a crazy theory.  

Just hear me out and in my days around, which are almost twice your days, this kind of thing has happened to me.

I think she may have found someone and is cheating on you.  She doesn't know how to break up with you, so she makes all this crazy stuff to force you into breaking up with her instead.  Sounds crazy, I know, but so is her stalking you.  You better hope that my idea is not far fetched, because there is a chance that when you break up with her and you should as soon as possible and don't even ask her for an explantion.  Just give her the pods back and say that she needs to leave as soon as possible.  That night you need to take her to a hotel and book her in for a week until she can get arrangements made.  Then you need to be sure that there is always a friend with you whenever she comes over to get her stuff or whatever.

Not to scare you, but you have to hope that she has another fella or the stalking may not end when you break up with her.

Also, sorry man.  It's tough, but we have all been there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

@Wyldnwoody44, you know what you have to do.  Sure you invested a lot of time and energy as she has too.  The trust is gone.  You really have no idea when it went.

That is a theory, I don't think that is the case, but I would actually welcome that. I never ever locked my house and now I'm going to need to change locks and keep keys on me....I need to have this conversation tonight or tomorrow and just be done with it. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

An I misreading anything here, this is grounds to end it immediately no? Anyone ever dealt with a situation like this!? We live together and have had a lot of adventures and it'll suck to Todd away 4 years, but I'm not sure I can get over this. 

What did Todd ever do to you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...