The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

8 hours ago, Norcal said:

Hopefully all went well and she is progressing nicely in her recovery 🙏 

Doing much better than with the first knee.  Still, it's a very painful recovery.  The swelling is receding which is leading to other pains from all the tendons and stuff settling into their new homes. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yes, you are right l, appreciate the response, and the trust is gone and I don't think it can come back after this in any realm of possibility. The hurt I am feeling is real and I know it will pass with some time. But thank you for your input on this! 

@Wyldnwoody44  I feel for you. Tough times for sure but yes, it will pass. And as you know the past four years are a 'sunk cost' to use an accounting term. I agree with the suggestion to allow her the opportunity to explain herself. More for your benefit than hers. You'll learn a lot about her true self very quickly.

I don't know you personally but have read on this board about your travels - both professional (with admiration) and personal - for a few years. Man, if she doesn't trust you to get from work to home what's going on in her head when you're away for long periods of time? Sorry, but it just doesn't appear that she's 'the one'. Trust is vital for a healthy relationship and she doesn't have it. It's really a sign of insecurity on her part.

Good luck to you. Better days ahead ....

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Doing much better than with the first knee.  Still, it's a very painful recovery.  The swelling is receding which is leading to other pains from all the tendons and stuff settling into their new homes. 

Happy to hear. Hoping the pain subsides soon. 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:24 AM, Doohickie said:

Sometimes it's best to refer someone to UrbanDictionary.com.

That tied to the name Todd, I just assumed it was a line from a random movie. 

But hey, that’s our moderator, going as blunt as possible. 

5 hours ago, shrader said:

That tied to the name Todd, I just assumed it was a line from a random movie. 

But hey, that’s our moderator, going as blunt as possible. 

That was just an old line we used back in my younger years when we were stupid. More of an inside thing. Didn't age well either 😂

On 7/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, Doohickie said:

Back at the ER this morning. Possible infection, want to rule out blood clots. And...

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Back at the ER this morning. Possible infection, want to rule out blood clots. And...

Sorry to read that your wife had a setback.  Hoping it is minor & her recovery is back on track very soon.

On a related note, at least you have a sign displayed at your non-hospital ER that it is considered a full hospital ER.  Here in Ra-cha-cha one of the major health care groups has a bunch of "Urgent Care" facilities that are CLEARLY labeled as "Urgent Care" that bill as a hospital emergency room anyhow.  Which is beyond frustrating when you receive a bill that is much larger than you expected from an "Urgent Care" facility and you find out your copay is much greater as well because the insurance company goes along with it and a visit to a hospital falls under a different deductibility regime than a visit to an urgent care facility would be.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

DVT is a possibility post surgery, sometimes you can just get post op swelling and hopefully that's all it is. I hope they don't conclude a Septic joint and then want to do a joint washout. Keep us in the loop and if you have any questions feel free to ask! 

24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

DVT is a possibility post surgery, sometimes you can just get post op swelling and hopefully that's all it is. I hope they don't conclude a Septic joint and then want to do a joint washout. Keep us in the loop and if you have any questions feel free to ask! 

Verdict is post op swelling 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Roll into work, fire someone, eat pie, throw a dip in....I should be allowed to drink at work.

That's 3 in the last 2 weeks. I'm sure there will be at least 6 more this summer. The next big time for me is Christmas. I'll lose another 8 or 10 between Christmas Eve and New Years Day.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Roll into work, fire someone, eat pie, throw a dip in....I should be allowed to drink at work.

That's 3 in the last 2 weeks. I'm sure there will be at least 6 more this summer. The next big time for me is Christmas. I'll lose another 8 or 10 between Christmas Eve and New Years Day.

Whatinthehell does “throw a dip in” mean?

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Man, I miss dip.

Man, I don't miss dip.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Extended cut: 

No blood clots.  No (massive) infection.... some infection markers are expected after a knee replacement.  Just post-operative swelling probably triggered by physical therapy.  They upped her dose of nerve medicine.  And actually every medical professional who's seen the wound says that for a knee replacement two weeks after surgery, it looks great.

Knee replacement is not for the faint of heart.

I appreciate the offer for information but the Dr.'s office has 24/7 phone support and they've been wonderful.  There is always a nurse on call, and if it's something more serious, a doctor on call.  What happened is that she had therapy Mon, Wed and Fri last week.  Each day after therapy she was wiped out but you could see the progress.  Then over the weekend (this stuff always happens over the weekend), it started to get painful, the joint swelled up in localized spots, and she lost her already limited range of motion.  So she called the dr. Monday and after doing several "field tests" (my term), he said a blood clot wasn't likely.  The doctor called her Tuesday morning and after they talked about it, she went to the ER to get bloodwork done and to rule out any blood clot.  We were in the ER for 5 hours for that, then she went to her orthopedic appointment.  So it was basically a full day of waiting around in medical facilities.

My wife has fibromyalgia (autoimmune condition involving the nerves) and Raynaud's syndrome (affecting circulation in her extremities) which are complicating factors in her recovery.

The other thing that popped up is our dog woke up yelping in pain and couldn't move.  I called the vet and they said to bring him by.  Apparently he either bruised a rib or strained a muscle on July 4 as we were returning from our early evening walk; the fireworks started popping and he hates that so he strained against his harness.  He's 12 so when he woke up yelping I feared the worst (some kind of internal organ issue or cancer).  Anyway, yesterday was pretty stressful.