The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I’m 100% done with my MIL. My FIL finally stepped up to tell her to chill but that sack of “can’t” couldn’t. 

She is so much less than my own mother was that I can’t even look her in the eye.

My mother was calm, smooth and strong. Endless and righteous. She organized women’s groups in the 80’s the help other women.

My MIL has never done anything for anyone. She has been blessed with the comforts of wealth but does absolutely nothing to pass it along. 

I despise her.  

As a Muslim I have to say that I love the Pope.  I believe he is truly a man of faith.  I really believe that he is sincere in his efforts at reconciliation.  It is the shame of our nation what we have done and continue to do to our indigenous peoples.  The Catholic Church played a key role in running many of the Residential Schools for the government of Canada.  These schools were designed to wipe out the culture of the indigenous peoples.  It largly worked.  Thousands of children went to these schools and never went home.  Unmarked graves are being found everywhere.  The last one closed in 1996 ... 1996!!

• Like (+1) 1

Van Heusen dress shirts suck. I've never met a shittier dress shirt. You can see through all of them, they fit like *****, the buttons fall off immediately, they're pilling after w or 3 wears. Just a ***** product. I shouldn't have to go to Neiman Marcus or Brooks Brothers just to get dress shirts that don't suck.

Yeah, I know this was a douchey grievance.

14 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Van Heusen dress shirts suck. I've never met a shittier dress shirt. You can see through all of them, they fit like *****, the buttons fall off immediately, they're pilling after w or 3 wears. Just a ***** product. I shouldn't have to go to Neiman Marcus or Brooks Brothers just to get dress shirts that don't suck.

Don’t know what you’ve got going on, bro. I ain’t never met a dress shirt that I can’t rock like a super model. 😉

Polos though….those ***** collars could ruin someone. I only wear USA made gear and Akwa is my preferred choice. Collars are right on the money. They pile but if you don’t act like a caveman you’ll get some mileage.

• Haha (+1) 1

Scrubs are nothing more than adult pajamas and I love them, you can wear them to a formal gathering because people assume you just got out of surgery or something important. I can wear them doing yard work because they don't stain easy, just a casual day at Niagara falls, Sure, scrub pants and a T shirt. 

Plus they're comfy as ***** 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Don’t know what you’ve got going on, bro. I ain’t never met a dress shirt that I can’t rock like a super model. 😉

Polos though….those ***** collars could ruin someone. I only wear USA made gear and Akwa is my preferred choice. Collars are right on the money. They pile but if you don’t act like a caveman you’ll get some mileage.

I wear polos on the golf course. That's it. Hate em. When I'm not in a suit it's t-shirts or beaters. 

10 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I wear polos on the golf course. That's it. Hate em. When I'm not in a suit it's t-shirts or beaters. 

I’m all over the map. I come in business casual but have a suit and a set of ironworker field clothes in my office. 
You never know which way the day will go. 
Tough spot . In I am.

Hats. Many do I wear.

40 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Scrubs are nothing more than adult pajamas and I love them, you can wear them to a formal gathering because people assume you just got out of surgery or something important. I can wear them doing yard work because they don't stain easy, just a casual day at Niagara falls, Sure, scrub pants and a T shirt. 

I would wear a burlap sack full of raisins and razors if it was necessary. Life is too hard and short for me to worry about daily comfort. A good <anything> Ironworker adapts to the surroundings. .
 The goal is to retire at 55 and live the life that I’ve dreamt of, but considering this fact, I’m  addicted to suffer at this point so I’d probably do something extreme like crawling on my knees from coast to coast.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

I don’t know what your budget is, but ditch the big boxes and hit up a proper mens wear store.  Much better products typically.

So after getting her knee replaced last month, my wife had it "manipulated" today.  She's been rehabbing to get range of motion but it wasn't going very quickly and she wants to be able to get around in the classroom when school starts (she's a teacher).  So she went to the hospital today and they put her under sedation and moved her knee back and forth several times.  That was it.  She came out of the sedation and she's up to almost normal range of motion.  Medicine is crazy *****.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Weave said:

I don’t know what your budget is, but ditch the big boxes and hit up a proper mens wear store.  Much better products typically.

Ever heard of a food desert? Well, I live in a fashion desert! 

But you are certainly correct. The shirt in question was a gift and I always graciously accept gifts. Then I wear them to show my appreciation. Then I bitch about them anonymously on message boards, because I'm a dick.

• Haha (+1) 4

Hey I mean I've been confused with the housekeeping staff in the ER multiple times, the whole judgment on appearance thing is hilarious. I'd rather be comfortable than come across as professional or bougie. In all my travels, I'm sure I'm a far target on the list to assault and rob because I look semi homeless😂if I start looking and acting like most "doctors" I may actually bring about more grief. 

These little dick mother ***** that suddenly become tough guys when they’re on a motorcycle piss me off.

This jizz bag is on my ass and flips out when I turn into the parking lot for my destination. Apparently that upset him.

He comes flying in too like he’s going to do something, until he sees me. Surprise  mother *****. I’m a jacked up mofo and I’d love to see how well you dance.

He flew out of the parking lot with haste in proportion to his cowardice.

Not every Silver Spruce F150 XLT is driven by an old man you chicken ***** bastard.

I hope that you ruined your underwear.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/26/2022 at 3:59 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Quite possibly the #1 reason I have stayed in medicine all of these years!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

These little dick mother ***** that suddenly become tough guys when they’re on a motorcycle piss me off.

This jizz bag is on my ass and flips out when I turn into the parking lot for my destination. Apparently that upset him.

He comes flying in too like he’s going to do something, until he sees me. Surprise  mother *****. I’m a jacked up mofo and I’d love to see how well you dance.

Not every Silver Spruce F150 XLT is driven by an old man you chicken ***** bastard.

You’re still an old man.  😁

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

@MattPieAnd this is why most of us don't like motorcycle people.  The reality is that responsible riders are few and far between.

Edited by Eleven

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

@MattPieAnd this is why most of us don't like motorcycle people.  The reality is that responsible riders are few and far between.

I still ride quite often, I have my Aprilia and my roadster. Sometime when I'm on a bike that accelerates the speed of a rocketship, it's hard not to have some fun with it, and that ticks people off. 

However, the amount of stupidity from drivers that think they are superior to 2 wheeled autos, or simply are to careless to look; I think outweigh the dangers of a teenage douche. Just yesterday I almost T-boned a young teen driving mommy's Tahoe because he was simply too ignorant to look before cutting me off around a curve. Luckily when I ride, I'm fairly hypersensitive to my surrounding and other people.