The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

Haven't had a haircut in over 4 months.  I'm starting to look like Jesus H. Christ on a Popsicle stick (Fletch reference).

I got faded the other day. Took the mullet right off. Side burns are gone too. Cleeean!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

I got faded the other day. Took the mullet right off. Side burns are gone too. Cleeean!

I'm going all in until they open up the hair cutters.  The whole Bob Seger thing is intriguing.  My wife, however, is practicing her eye roll daily.

6 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'm going all in until they open up the hair cutters.  The whole Bob Seger thing is intriguing.  My wife, however, is practicing her eye roll daily.

I was doing a part deux of my late teens and early 20s. Had it all curling out the back of my baseball hat. Had the waves in full effect when the hat was off. Feathering the back....yeah, it was terrible! I loved it. But that look is not good in a suit. And I had to look fly at work.

Edited by ubkev
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I was doing a part deux of my late teens and early 20s. Had it all curling out the back of my baseball hat. Had the waves in full effect when the hat was off. Feathering the back....yeah, it was terrible! I loved it. But that look is not good in a suit. And I had to look fly at work.

I think I look like this.

image.thumb.png.7cf3007310c686505e90879f94ee1015.png

My wife thinks I look like this

image.thumb.png.1825bac3ca5f30772e2ddd70ef31290e.png

• Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

RIP Carl Reiner. 

This is a great story about him that I just happened upon:

Love that Bebe Neuwirth randomly comments on it.

Anyway, haircuts: earlier in the lockdown, I figured this is my best, last chance to rock a mohawk because I think it'd be hilarious to grow a gray one. MrsPie cuts my hair anyway, and she's on-board. First thing she does is out of habit run the clippers on #2 up the back of my head. Whoops! So she does a faux-hawk, because I can't convince her to shave the sides down to nothing (and it'd be hard to connect my beard anyway).

Next time, she remembers to not shave the middle, but with my not-as-luxurious hair in a particular spot it doesn't work very well , so the faux-hawk is here to stay.

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

Haha! That'd be sweet! 

Strangely enough, I really love sleigh beds. That's basically a racecar bed for adults innit?

Not unless it has stripes and a number.

@spndnchz will tell you that women love men with racecar beds.  They like the palindrome, but they're really there for the racing experience.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not unless it has stripes and a number.

@spndnchz will tell you that women love men with racecar beds.  They like the palindrome, but they're really there for the racing experience.

Alright, this made me laugh.

• Like (+1) 1

It's Canada Day, so we have the COVID hair and the COVID / HOLIDAY not shaving today look happening today.

My wife is getting restless to at least trim it all.  My girlfriend still likes it all with no trimming needed.

IMG_20200701_1609241.jpg

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
the usual ... I'm an idiot ...

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's Canada Day, so we have the COVID hair and the COVID / HOLIDAY not shaving today look happening today.

My wife is getting restless to at least trim it all.  My girlfriend still likes it all with no trimming needed.

IMG_20200701_1609241.jpg

I wouldn't touch a thing.  Guys our age with hair like that are duty bound to show it off.  Grow, baby, grow!

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

IMG_20200701_1609241.jpg

Dows anyone else see this picture and think Mr. Rogers, or is it just me?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm covering for a friend on vacation right now and I'm working Day Shift for the next 3 days.

How in the Sam hell do people work during the daytime? I mean it. How do you do it? This is awful! I haven't even been here 2 hours yet! I should be outside doing outside things! It's beautiful out. Why would anyone want this? Christ, I wish it would monsoon for the next 3 days. This is terrible.

5 hours ago, ubkev said:

Ever get a vague phone call at work and immediately think "that's gonna take up a lot of my time."

Here we go.

Yes, and those are the calls I look forward to which equate to less physical exertion on my part. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, PASabreFan said:

Ogre and cats is a revelation.

I grew up on a farm. My affection for them was tested by the brutality they face in those situations. That little black one (her name is Little Bear and her eyes are up here thank you very much) was dropped off at my neighbor farm. There’s a whole story I told about her being chipped and the original owner(always hated that term) being threatened with animal cruelty. If you look back you may find it. 

If you drop your cat off at a farm thinking your sending them to a good life, shame on you. Ogre will find you. Hopefully he’ll at least find your abandoned pet and give it a new hope you rat bastard.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

@New Scotland (NS) do you know the raccoon whisperer?

Yes.  He's my uncle Bob, but then again in NS everybody is Bob's your uncle ...

This guy? ...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/retired-rcmp-officer-finds-new-career-as-raccoon-whisperer-1.4061502#:~:text=The retired RCMP officer has,the raccoons convinced him otherwise.

Nice shot of downtown Halifax in the video too.