The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

41 minutes ago, inkman said:

Got me a new pup today.  Meet Ella!  She's a very shy, totally adorable Aussie Shepherd mix.  

IMG_20200718_164644_849.jpg

Omigosh she is adorable. 

She looks more like a retriever than a shepherd (except the jaw), but ,maybe she grows into it.

Had an Aussie here.  I miss him.

Edited by Eleven

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Omigosh she is adorable. 

She looks more like a retriever than a shepherd (except the jaw), but ,maybe she grows into it.

Had an Aussie here.  I miss him.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Did you move to NC? My neighbors have a chocolate lab puppy named Ella. 

She has a brindle pattern so I'm assuming her Aussie Shep is showing there.  She definitely reminds me my old lab, but she's def got something else in there.  

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

She has a brindle pattern so I'm assuming her Aussie Shep is showing there.  She definitely reminds me my old lab, but she's def got something else in there.  

Throw a ball (once she's older) to determine the dominant characteristic.  Does she run circles around it until it stops and then look at you with satisfaction as if she's done a good job?  Shepherd.  Does she grab it in her mouth?  Retriever.

That used to annoy the heck out of me about the shepherd.  Yeah, I would throw the ball to give him some exercise, but I'd have to be the one to go get it and throw it again!

• Haha (+1) 2

Had a hound pup once.  The funniest moments were when he stepped on his own ears when running and flipped ass over tea kettle.  Then he'd look at me like,  "What the heck happened there?'"

9 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’ll bet Inky Jr is as happy as a boy could be.

Until he realizes the amount of work a 10 week untrained old puppy is.  Now he parades her around to everyone for 15 minutes a day, while I get to wake up every 4 hours to take her out.  No regrets and totally predictable.  

• Like (+1) 1

Ella update:

Potty training is coming along. When she does go inside, it's always on the pee pads.  She sleeps at the foot of our bed.  We tried crating her but she wasn't having it and her little cries were pulling at my heart strings.  

We brought her over to my brother's house.  They have a 1 year old boxer.  Ella didnt take any guff from her much larger counterpart.  She let the other dog know exactly what was too far.  And the dog, who outweighs Ells by 40 lbs, back right the ***** down.  Love it! 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ella update:

Potty training is coming along. When she does go inside, it's always on the pee pads.  She sleeps at the foot of our bed.  We tried crating her but she wasn't having it and her little cries were pulling at my heart strings.  

We brought her over to my brother's house.  They have a 1 year old boxer.  Ella didnt take any guff from her much larger counterpart.  She let the other dog know exactly what was too far.  And the dog, who outweighs Ells by 40 lbs, back right the ***** down.  Love it! 

Softy! Lol

Our oldest dog was crate trained in 2 days. He cried all of night 1 and half of night 2 and has never made another sound again. The other dog, oh boy. He cried for the first week. Howled for the second week and then gave up. Now they are both well behaved and well adjusted (for the most part.) They just use their crates as getaway rooms now. They go in them when they want to be left alone. Or sometimes after a long walk when they are exhausted.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:19 PM, sabremike said:

FB_IMG_1595114160905.thumb.jpg.ee2021c4215dac1a78b70c8f1891671f.jpg

Never actually set up a "penalty box" but our dog Zhitnik knew that when he was in trouble he needed to "go to the penalty box" (which was a mat near the back door).  He waited there until "ok, you are free now."

Not a chance in heck we'd be able to get the lab to do that.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

Never actually set up a "penalty box" but our dog Zhitnik knew that when he was in trouble he needed to "go to the penalty box" (which was a mat near the back door).  He waited there until "ok, you are free now."

Not a chance in heck we'd be able to get the lab to do that.

BS.  You know he overshot that mat by about 18 feet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Anyone gonna try to see Neowise tonight?

Wife and I will be going up to a park along Lake Ontario and see if We can grab a glimpse of Neowise. Take some binocs with me.

I have been trying to see it all week.  I typically can't sit, or stand, still for very long before I get bored and wander off.  That will be when this thingie does it's thing.  Yup.

Ritalin it is ...

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Nothing weirder than pinching a nerve in your finger and then trying to type on a keyboard.

It can't be that bad.  I can figure out every word you typed here. 

Your typing is very goodly.