The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Did our fun loving intern crackpot delete that fantastic thread?

It seemed too dull to be an actual marketer, too gentle to be a troll and too unaware to be a fan.
I want someone to get to the bottom of this!

• Thanks (+1) 1

My wife and I got caught in the mother of all downpours coming out of the grocery store.  And of course we were parked in the back of the lot.  Soaked down to our underwear.

It was so ridiculous that both of us were laughing while loading groceries into the car.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weave said:

My wife and I got caught in the mother of all downpours coming out of the grocery store.  And of course we were parked in the back of the lot.  Soaked down to our underwear.

It was so ridiculous that both of us were laughing while loading groceries into the car.

Go on...

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It seemed too dull to be an actual marketer, too gentle to be a troll and too unaware to be a fan.
I want someone to get to the bottom of this!

jack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

The Washington D.C. football team will be changing their name.  Long overdue.  I recommend they change the name to the  "D.C. Floyds."  After all, they would not be changing the name of this team if it weren't for him giving his life and bringing the appropriate attention to these issues.  It would be one way to recognize his sacrifice.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tondas said:

The Washington D.C. football team will be changing their name.  Long overdue.  I recommend they change the name to the  "D.C. Floyds."  After all, they would not be changing the name of this team if it weren't for him giving his life and bringing the appropriate attention to these issues.  It would be one way to recognize his sacrifice.

I would be concerned that “Floyds” has to much potential to cause people pain. I do like the sentiment though.

I like the D.C. Metros. Has a nice ring to it and it makes sense.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ogre said:

I would be concerned that “Floyds” has to much potential to cause people pain. I do like the sentiment though.

I like the D.C. Metros. Has a nice ring to it and it makes sense.

You're probably right, Ogre.  Maybe a "GF" patch on their uniforms for this year would be more appropriate.  Maybe on all teams uniforms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Mrs. iT was picking berries down at the pool. She snapped this pic of this little fella after he strolled in the gate right up to her but just before he walked right past her and went head first into the pool. 

She fished him out with a net. Apparently baby skunks can’t swim very well. She thought he was dead after he struggled down into the driveway and collapsed. She texted me to ask what to do. 

“Don’t bring him home!” I figure he was water logged and tired. She tried to feed him some berries after a bit but he got himself up and into the bushes so I’m guessing he’s ok. 

There’s nothing quite like living in the country!

B5F1CA3E-7B10-42EA-A923-68EEC753A477.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I don’t think the baby ones have the stinky stuff. All of my experiences with skunks have been positive, then again, I’m not trying to bite them like your dog was.

He never did learn to not play with the black and white cats.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

I don’t think the baby ones have the stinky stuff. All of my experiences with skunks have been positive, then again, I’m not trying to bite them like your dog was.

They indeed do, just not as potent. 

I've been "close quarters" with likely a dozen in the field and not one had any interest in me.  It's actually comical because most of the times I've become petrified wood when seeing one and they normally trot by without batting an eye.  

Edited by Indabuff

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

My uncle is a trapper and he says baby skunks have the stuff, but they don't know how to use it. They'll let out like a little "fart" but they can't aim and shoot like the adults. 

Even the adults aren't going to be too trigger happy since it takes them time to replenish. You really have to make them mad to get sprayed. 

17 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

become petrified wood when seeing one and they normally trot by without batting an eye.  

Edited 9 minutes ago by Indabuff

This is exactly what happened with Mrs. iT. I’m not sure why he walked into the pool though. I’ll be sure to tell her that I’m wrong about them not having the juice.

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

You really have to make them mad to get sprayed. 

I’ve been pretty close plenty of times and they seem pretty docile. I’ve always thought they were awesome little animals. If I’d had been down there it may have been adopted. 
That little dude is just too friggin cute.

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

This is exactly what happened with Mrs. iT. I’m not sure why he walked into the pool though. I’ll be sure to tell her that I’m wrong about them not having the juice.

I’ve been pretty close plenty of times and they seem pretty docile. I’ve always thought they were awesome little animals. If I’d had been down there it may have been adopted. 
That little dude is just too friggin cute.

Skunks are actually pretty chill. 

Did you know a litter of skunks is called a surfeit? 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Skunks are actually pretty chill. 

Did you know a litter of skunks is called a surfeit? 

I did not know that. Armed with that new knowledge I can say that we have two surfeits at Baileyshire. Some of my “rural” neighbors think they have to kill them for some reason. I can assure you that they are safe at Baileyshire (psst. Maybe they sense that and flock here). 

I’m not saying that some critters don’t die here, but they end up in someone’s belly. 

I don’t eat skunk (I may smoke it here-n-there though).

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I did not know that. Armed with that new knowledge I can say that we have two surfeits at Baileyshire. Some of my “rural” neighbors think they have to kill them for some reason. I can assure you that they are safe at Baileyshire (psst. Maybe they sense that and flock here). 

I’m not saying that some critters don’t die here, but they end up in someone’s belly. 

I don’t eat skunk (I may smoke it here-n-there though).

Skunks are harmless. No need to kill em. 

My uncle basically only kills his traps if they're pests or have mange or something. He's pretty humane. He's in Livonia so recommended him to your neighbors if they want anything relocated lol 

http://www.olesasquatch.com/

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, darksabre said:

My uncle is a trapper and he says baby skunks have the stuff, but they don't know how to use it. They'll let out like a little "fart" but they can't aim and shoot like the adults. 

Even the adults aren't going to be too trigger happy since it takes them time to replenish. You really have to make them mad to get sprayed. 

Is anyone surprised that dark's uncle is a trapper?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I've heard several times that they actually make really good pets... obviously as long as the scent gland is removed very early in life.

If I had my scent gland removed earlier in life, I may have done much better with the ladies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1